Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I charge a Mavic battery with a USB power bank?
62530 29 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
track5
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm planning on heading out into the country and am looking for a way to recharge my Mavic batteries overnight while in a tent away from power points.
I have an EasyAcc power bank that holds a chunky 26,000mAh that technically should power up my batteries but can't figure a way of linking its USB output to the Mavic batteries to transfer the power.  

Is there anyone out there who, with a little lateral thinking, can help me out with this problem?
2017-2-22
Use props
Camolin
lvl.2
Germany

The Fly More Combo does come with a power bank adapter.
http://store.dji.com/de/product/ ... adaptor#/?_k=ja7as3
2017-2-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I think this is the opposite of what the OP is wanting:

"The Mavic Battery to Power Bank Adaptor is designed to provide power from the Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery to mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets. Use the Mavic battery as a power pack."
2017-2-22
Use props
Fernanditu
lvl.2

Peru

You will never get enough juice out of an usb port to charge your batteries. You need a power bank with a 12v out like a car battery booster and the mavic car charger.
2017-2-22
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I am not sure why they made this while we don't have enough battery to fly
And who is going to buy this power bank for $90 instead buying an actual power bank for less.
2017-2-22
Use props
freddyms
lvl.2
United States

buy a motorcycle battery and use the car charger. I know its kinda heavy but not to heavy.  you can also tether a bunch of d cell batteries to get 14 volts and then use the car charger off the d cell batteries. 8 d cell batteries would give you 13.5 volts. one d cell is 13,000 mah. just thinking outside box. another thing is how far from a car will you be?
2017-2-22
Use props
freddyms
lvl.2
United States

ngvuanh Posted at 2017-2-22 09:49
And who is going to buy this power bank for $90 instead buying an actual power bank for less.

so when you are out in the field and you forgot to charge your remote controller, you can, and your phone. downside is you loose a charged mavic battery.
2017-2-22
Use props
Camolin
lvl.2
Germany

Oh right. I never thought this adapter through, thinking it was power bank -> mavic battery. Why the heck would you the other way around...?
Anyway, tracking. Interested if there is a way.
2017-2-22
Use props
CCD1024
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216808 ft
France

you can find powerbank which deliver 12V (jack DC) + 5V (USB) ports. But intensity is limited to 2 to 4 A. You can find on Amazon (for example) some powerbank 20000 to 50000mAh with 9V,12V,15V,18V,19V,20V output for computer...
Mavic Combo comes with a car battery charger adaptor. You can change the connector by a DC jacl 5.5/2.1 for example.
But Mavic battery requiers power ! lot of power to charge. So I'
2017-2-23
Use props
jorgegmf
New

Spain

I am planning on doing a motorcycle trip and charge the Mavic batteries using the battery of the motorcycle via a USB connection. Does somebody know if I can use the Mavic Battery to Power Bank Adaptor the other way around to charge the batteries, instead of using the Mavic battery as a power pack?
2017-5-15
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

track5 , This member has already done it --- I have no idea how many times he can recharge his
            Mavic batteries or controller but I hope this helps you

https://forum.dji.com/thread-90801-1-1.html

FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-5-15
Use props
DrkAngel
New
Costa Rica

Hi Guys,
I'm investigating also the way that I can charge the mavic batteries on the go. I saw this AC Portable Charger, can this works? Does any one try this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... smid=A2KUZVNQ9LP7N9

Thanks,
~DA
2017-5-16
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

ngvuanh Posted at 2017-2-22 09:49

I have this and it is useful for getting a phone online when no other power is available or recharging the remote.  Do I want to waste a battery for it?  No.  But if there is no other way, then it will become most useful.
2017-5-16
Use props
classiczone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1524875 ft
New Zealand

I found this it definately looks promising would be awesome to be able to charge these batteries on the go This product is shipping in Novmeber 2017 https://igg.me/at/nuuq-pp/x/16707805
2017-6-25
Use props
RPM510
New
United States

This work real good with different voltage you can change to. Google amazon hisgadget

Intocircuit Power Monster 32000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank with 3-Port Output and US/EU/UK Plug
Huge 32000mAh capacity, provides more than one full charge to most laptops, and 15+ cycles to most smartphones
Equipped with 3 port output, can charge 3 electronic devices simultaneously: 1*USB 5V 2.1A + 1*USB 5V 1A + 1*DC 9V 4A / 12V 4A/ 16V 4A/ 19V 3.5A/ 20V 3A
Smart LCD screen displays power level, charging and discharging status
Top graded Li-polymer battery cells,500+ recharge cycles over the life of the battery. Multiple circuit protection: over-heated, over-current, over-voltage and short circuit protection guarantee safe charging
Included UK, US and EU power adapter, it is ideal for worldwide travel
2017-7-17
Use props
RPM510
New
United States

This work real good with different voltage you can change to. Google amazon hisgadget, click on the first listing. " Thousandshores Inc @ Amazon.com"At the site just search for "power bank"

Intocircuit Power Monster 32000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank with 3-Port Output and US/EU/UK Plug
Huge 32000mAh capacity, provides more than one full charge to most laptops, and 15+ cycles to most smartphones
Equipped with 3 port output, can charge 3 electronic devices simultaneously: 1*USB 5V 2.1A + 1*USB 5V 1A + 1*DC 9V 4A / 12V 4A/ 16V 4A/ 19V 3.5A/ 20V 3A
Smart LCD screen displays power level, charging and discharging status
Top graded Li-polymer battery cells,500+ recharge cycles over the life of the battery. Multiple circuit protection: over-heated, over-current, over-voltage and short circuit protection guarantee safe charging
Included UK, US and EU power adapter, it is ideal for worldwide travel
2017-7-17
Use props
VVK
lvl.2
India

DrkAngel Posted at 2017-5-16 11:13
Hi Guys,
I'm investigating also the way that I can charge the mavic batteries on the go. I saw this AC Portable Charger, can this works? Does any one try this one?

Any luck with this?
2017-8-17
Use props
VVK
lvl.2
India

Check out this video from Billy Kyle

Seems to be working and the best way to recharge the Mavic Batterys
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LCF ... ep_dp_3MurzbEP710T1
2017-8-17
Use props
boatboatboat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33281 ft
United States

https://www.amazon.com/100-Watt- ... ower+bank+ac+outlet

Much more power all self contained
2017-8-17
Use props
Ataman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48963 ft
Canada

Here is what I did! 7 Charges for under $250  
2017-12-20
Use props
djiuser_v7UNFal
lvl.1
United States

Fernanditu Posted at 2017-2-22 08:20
You will never get enough juice out of an usb port to charge your batteries. You need a power bank with a 12v out like a car battery booster and the mavic car charger.

With USB C power banks there is the possibility to do what the OP is asking about. A lot of them are being designed to charge laptops so they would work, but the fact still stands that there is no easy way to connect a MavicPro battery to a USB type c to charge... A USB type c to MavicPro Battery pin connector wire would be nice.  Though I doubt that one will ever exist.
2018-1-6
Use props
vootshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys! Do you think this combo will work?

2018-2-14
Use props
GuillaumeN
lvl.4
Canada

DrkAngel Posted at 2017-5-16 11:13
Hi Guys,
I'm investigating also the way that I can charge the mavic batteries on the go. I saw this AC Portable Charger, can this works? Does any one try this one?

100$ to charge a 100$ battery... I've looked at all options... if you dont have access to a charging port (car or any motorized one) think about buying more DJI batteries.
2018-2-20
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

I use a 4S 10Ah Li-Ion battery and the Mavic 12V car charger that came with the flymore combo.  That gives me 3+ Mavic battery charges.  The 4S Li-Ion gives 16.8V when fully charged and the car charger seems to be able to handle that (the cigarette lighter sockets on my car can put out over 16V when the car is running anyways).

I've found that the Mavic car charger cuts out at about 12.4 volts - so you only normally get less than 50% of the capacity if you run it from an off line 12V lead acid battery.  The charger draws 6A+ when running. If the supply current limits the charger stops charging the battery and trys to re-start (most annoying).

I can pretty well get a full discharge out of the 4S pack down at 12.4V - and its a darn sight lighter than the equivalent lead acid pack.  I charge the 4S pack off my RC charger. I'm sure a 4S RC LiPo pack would work just as well.  10AH 10C Li-Po packs were going for about £35 ($40) recently - so you could probaly do the whole job for less than $100 even if you had to buy a RC battery charger.

2018-2-20
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

vootshi Posted at 2018-2-14 04:46

[view_image]

Nope - The Mavic car charger draws 6.5A at 14V - so that would need about 20A from the 5V supply.  If the charger can't get 6.5A it stops charging.  3.6A at 5.1V is just not enough even if the 5V to 12V converter could handle it (which I'm pretty sure it wouln't be able to do).
2018-2-20
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello track5
2019-2-23
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello track5...https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-P ... keywords=B07HVM4R95
2019-2-23
Use props
Wave7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33911 ft
Ukraine

Hey. I managed to make such a portable and inexpensive power bank for Mavic 2. Now I can charge the drone from the bank =)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f61UmBRpvM
2019-7-21
Use props
fansbbafaaa3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139075 ft
Australia

vootshi Posted at 2018-2-14 04:46

[view_image]

Hey mate how did you get on with that set up? Did it work? Looking to do the same thing
2019-8-24
Use props
subrat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229150 ft
Sweden

Camolin Posted at 2017-2-22 06:50
The Fly More Combo does come with a power bank adapter.
http://store.dji.com/de/product/mavic-battery-to-power-bank-adaptor#/?_k=ja7as3

what a dumb answer? Please at least read the question before throwing your wisdom!
DJI is anyway an overrated product, with a lot of incompatibility to third party and they tend to decide on behalf of their customers, which is equally dumb!
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules