Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How is the newest version of DJI Go working with Android?
3030 16 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1b6cff27
Belize

Hey Everyone, I'm thinking about getting an Android phone and wonder how well the app works with it?  I need a backup for my Ipad Mini2. I'm not really worried so much about security, permissions, or set up. I'm really more concerned with a tendency for the GO app to loose the "image transmission" signal with the drone. My Ipad Mini 2 does this all the time and in fact I have to reboot at least one of devices (drone, RC, tablet) almost every time I take off. I would love a solution that issue as well. Anyone got a ready set of solutions?  Ben

2017-2-22
Use props
fans1b6cff27
Belize

Better yet can someone tell me of a great android phone to use with the DJI Phantom 3 Pro?
2017-2-22
Use props
DenisD
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue with my iPad Mini, the FPV cutting out and blanking the screen every second or two, so much so it's useless. My iPhone5 has no such issues. I thought it might be WIFI interference but I just took it to a field where the closest house was 300+ yards away and my iPad registered no WIFI networks available, and the cutouts were once every second or two.
2017-2-22
Use props
fans1b6cff27
Belize

mine is primarily on take off. after that it's sporatic but does happen mid flight.
2017-2-22
Use props
CBJ72
lvl.1

United States

HMMM...    I use my Samsung TAB E Tablet to fly my P3A and have never had a problem.  I have never experienced any cut out or delay issues.  I certainly haven't rebooted anything before, during or after flight.   Turn on tablet, turn on remote control, turn on Phantom...FLY.   I have only used the GO APP.   
2017-2-22
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183054 ft
United Kingdom

I use a Samsung  Galaxy Tab S2 and never had any problems either.
2017-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It also works just fine on an Nvidia Shield K1
2017-2-22
Use props
ST1300 PILOT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26020 ft
United Kingdom

HUDL 2 or Google Nexus 7 2013 (one with 2 cameras). Never a problem.
2017-2-22
Use props
Spacetrakker
Captain
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2,   Brilliant
2017-2-23
Use props
JDB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188451 ft
New Zealand

I use an old Moto G (XT1032 = 1st gen, Andoid 5.1) and it works fine.  Screen a bit smaller that I'd like but its reliable - any buggy things seem to appear/disappear at the same time as  DJI Go app "upgrades".  It doesn't have/need a Sim card.
2017-2-23
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I fly nearly everyday and the 3.1.3 works fine no issues.
2017-2-24
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.1

United States

I upgraded everything, to the latest.   •DJIGO APP  3.1.3,
•Phantom VERSION  v1.10.90,
•RC CONTROLLER  1.8.0.  

As soon as I did, like others, my video was breaking up.  So, like others, I downgraded to RC CONTROLLER 1.6.0.   Video is FIXED.     YIPPIE!!!!   Here is what I did....   

DOWNGRADE RC FW…
My Video is working now! I downgraded the RC Remote Control down from 1.8 to 1.6 and my video looks great again.

Instructions here on how to downgrade.
   AC on.  RC on.  Start DJIGO.  

To downgrade your RC, AC is ON, RC is ON.  Open DJI GO. On the Home Page where you see the different Aircraft, place your finger on the icon in the upper right hand corner. In my case, the button was three little lines to open a menu. HOLD finger on this menu until a “Downgrade Firmware to:” window appears.  May have to hold the menu icon for 5 to 10 seconds. When you lift your finger off the screen, the “Downgrade Firmware to:” window  will open and allow you to download and downgrade the firmware on the RC. I downgraded from 1.8 to 1.6 and got my video back the way it was. I then Kill auto updates in PLAYSTORE. to stop it from updating.   

Im now running
•DJIGO APP  3.1.3,
•Phantom VERSION  v1.10.90,
•RC CONTROLLER  1.6.0.  

Hope this helps.
2017-2-28
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I fly my P3Pro using 3.1.3., as well as my P3S.  So far I haven't had any problems using my Samsung Tab A with the Pro, and my Samsung Note 3 phone with the Standard.  I haven't used any of the special flight features yet.  But then I rarely use them anyway.
2017-2-28
Use props
pjhudson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4820 ft
United States

s. Galaxy s6 choppy, laggy video- cuts out every few seconds and comes back. It's useless for flying unless you're way up high with nothing close by to run into.
2017-2-28
Use props
Phantomjim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97539 ft
United Kingdom

Using Samsung Tab A 2016  and LG G4  no problem.

App. 3.1.3
AC    2.9.1
RC    1.6.0
2017-3-1
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.1

United States

P3P
   Tablet is ASUS K01A Memo Pad 7
   DJIGO APP                                 3.1.3
   Phantom VERSION                        v1.10.90
   RC CONTROLLER                        1.6.0   ( needed to downgrade from 1.8.0 to fix video issues )

Works well now.
2017-3-2
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans1b6cff27 Posted at 2017-2-22 08:15
Better yet can someone tell me of a great android phone to use with the DJI Phantom 3 Pro?

Sony Xperia Ultra  4k
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules