DJI GO vs Litchi
4179 30 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I've had a Nvidia shield and it has worked flawlessly for months.  When DJI go forced me to upgrade the app now crashes midflight.  Does anyone recommend going to Litchi?  I've heard good things.  The app crashing midflight is not fun folks.  
2017-2-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Id like to hear more on this too.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too have the NVIDIA Shield K and the GO4 app has worked great.
You've closed all the other apps when using the GO4 app correct?
2017-2-22
Use props
jims3000
lvl.3
United States

I would uninstall the app and delete the dji folders it creates and reinstall app and see if that helps
2017-2-22
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 14:50

Ken, I assure you the Nvidia Shield and other android devices are crashing even after factory resets and no other apps installed.  It really needs fixing quickly and DJI should admit that a fix is coming rather than saying nothing while they look into it.  Do the right thing please.
2017-2-22
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

So the App never crashes for you?
2017-2-22
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=429792
2017-2-22
Use props
waynem61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12995 ft
Australia

Just be aware that DJI does not honour the  warranty if you fly with 3rd party apps. I found this out the hard way
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-2-22 15:41
Ken, I assure you the Nvidia Shield and other android devices are crashing even after factory resets and no other apps installed.  It really needs fixing quickly and DJI should admit that a fix is coming rather than saying nothing while they look into it.  Do the right thing please.

I've had the Shield K for a week and used it several times now and it has not crashed.
There is a new 4.03 that just came out. Install that to see if it still crashes.

But also, there is a supported device list and the Shield K is not and has never been on the list.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fractures Posted at 2017-2-22 15:49
So the App never crashes for you?

No it has never crashed. But the only app I've installed on it are the two GO apps as I only use it for flying and testing.
2017-2-23
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I don't care.  I rather fly without the app crashing.  I've had the shield for months and it's worked great.  DJI forced me to upgrade and now I get an app crash midflight every flight.  It sucks.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

waynem61 Posted at 2017-2-22 22:06
Just be aware that DJI does not honour the  warranty if you fly with 3rd party apps. I found this out the hard way

It is evaluated on a case by case basis. If the aircraft is not lost and the flight data team can read the flight data recorder and it was a malfunction of the aircraft then it could be covered under warranty. Again, case by case basis.

If the aircraft is lost then DJI cannot use data from the GO app as it was not running then it would not be covered under warranty.
2017-2-23
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I used to fly with go 3.0.1 and had Google maps no crashing apps ....Flawless.  I have go3 for my phantom 3 standard as well and same thing.  App crash midflight
2017-2-23
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

The fact djigo won't use Google maps is another reason for litchi.  The litchi maps have awesome clarity
2017-2-23
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Litchi is much more stable than DJI go.  Nvidia shield while not on recommended list was a very reliable tablet for many.  It seems no longer compatible with DJIGO.  Going to be some very disappointed customers.
2017-2-24
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

2 flights today with the new Go4.0.3, twice as the Mavic went out of sight over trees the app crashed leaving me blind until I got the app running again, this is a complete and utter joke, making every flight a guess when it'll crash game. Fed up of DJI's lack of coding skills.

If and when a different drone comes out by a different company I may feel a total lack of love for the Mavic anymore and swap camps.  Mavic is a stunning drone spoilt completely by an always crashing app, very very rarely do any other apps on my phones crash.
2017-2-24
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-2-24 04:41
Litchi is much more stable than DJI go.  Nvidia shield while not on recommended list was a very reliable tablet for many.  It seems no longer compatible with DJIGO.  Going to be some very disappointed customers.

I have found Litchi to be very unstable and full of bugs.
Autopilot is much more stable and never had it crash or fail to perform the task set.
I often used Litchi to take 360s and it moves to position and just stops.
2017-2-25
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-2-24 08:46
2 flights today with the new Go4.0.3, twice as the Mavic went out of sight over trees the app crashed leaving me blind until I got the app running again, this is a complete and utter joke, making every flight a guess when it'll crash game. Fed up of DJI's lack of coding skills.

If and when a different drone comes out by a different company I may feel a total lack of love for the Mavic anymore and swap camps.  Mavic is a stunning drone spoilt completely by an always crashing app, very very rarely do any other apps on my phones crash.

I have had 10+ flights each now on both a Samsung S6 and an iPad Mini 4 with ZERO crashes. The S6 android was reset before I flew with it and I only installed a few apps that I needed like Instagram and google chrome, zero  crashes on this device over about 3 hours of flight. iPad mini has no other apps on it as has also been performing exactly as expected. Zero crashes
Has anyone used Litchi in the past week or two on Apple. All of the reviews are saying the App is no longer working
2017-2-28
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

i use litchi and the DJI GO 4 with 100+ hours of flight i have not updated to the latest go 4 app because of the problems people are having. but litchi and DJI Go 4 run great using ipad mini 4
2017-2-28
Use props
FirstFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329961 ft
United States

I've only used the DJI GO 4 app on my iPhone 6 Plus.  Never had an issue.  It's stable and does the job.... Lately I've been temped to check out Litchi because I read it has a lot of nice features.  However, I wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize my warranty or support.  Plus, even though I see a lot of people in these forums saying great things about it, it has terrible reviews on the Apple app store... My question (or hope) is if DJI will take some of the Litchi features and one day integrate into the GO 4 app?  
2017-2-28
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I use an iPhone 6 with the current version of IOS, Litchi and DJI Go4. Never had a crash on any of them other than one Litchi release which had a bug and was promptly fixed.  I am a software developer and would like to make a comment regarding Litchi vs DJI Go and Android vs IOS.  I have both Android and IOS devices in my household. IOS is more stable with Litchi and DJI Go for my devices.  (This isn't true for all Android devices).    Crashes of apps under Android aren't typically really the fault of Android per se but rather the challenge that each phone and table manufacturer implements android in their own way on their own hardware. IOS provides a consistent platform for developers. This makes it much easier if you have a complex real-time app like DJI Go.

One feature I'd like to mention on Litchi is the voice response.  When I am flying it's great to get a voice readout of position, altitude, and optionally other factors such as battery level. The main reason I use Litchi is for pre-programmed flight and camera control to get really smooth video.
2017-2-28
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I love litchi and haven't had one crash with my shield since I switched.  There is a definite issue with djiGo app and Android.
2017-2-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-2-28 06:59
I use an iPhone 6 with the current version of IOS, Litchi and DJI Go4. Never had a crash on any of them other than one Litchi release which had a bug and was promptly fixed.  I am a software developer and would like to make a comment regarding Litchi vs DJI Go and Android vs IOS.  I have both Android and IOS devices in my household. IOS is more stable with Litchi and DJI Go for my devices.  (This isn't true for all Android devices).    Crashes of apps under Android aren't typically really the fault of Android per se but rather the challenge that each phone and table manufacturer implements android in their own way on their own hardware. IOS provides a consistent platform for developers. This makes it much easier if you have a complex real-time app like DJI Go.

One feature I'd like to mention on Litchi is the voice response.  When I am flying it's great to get a voice readout of position, altitude, and optionally other factors such as battery level. The main reason I use Litchi is for pre-programmed flight and camera control to get really smooth video.

I agree iOS and litchi are a good match, I also have had no problems running the litchi app and find it's improving all the time, it's ease of use when planning missions is extremely simple..

Good luck..
2017-2-28
Use props
Katsumoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Austria

Hi Ken !
Bought last week Shield K1, i did the nougat-update , made a full-reset, installed ONLY Djigo4, all firmware up to date..,i closed everything, usb-debugging is activated.......and almost every flight a crash....
Thats frustrating!
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Katsumoto Posted at 2017-2-28 12:31
Hi Ken !
Bought last week Shield K1, i did the nougat-update , made a full-reset, installed ONLY Djigo4, all firmware up to date..,i closed everything, usb-debugging is activated.......and almost every flight a crash....
Thats frustrating!

That's strange, I've had this one for weeks now and have never had an issue.
Although the Shield is not one of the approved devices mine works fine, I'm on Android 6.0.1.

If you can provide this information I will forward it on.
Provide this info and I will forward your info on.
What were you doing when it crashed (flying, adjusting settings, etc)?
What aircraft model and firmware version?
What device are you using, and it's firmware version?
What GO app version?
Your DJI account email?
Feel free to PM if you do not want to post your email.
2017-2-28
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Katsumoto Posted at 2017-2-28 12:31
Hi Ken !
Thats frustrating!

Why do you have usb-debugging activated?  In my case, I have found that will cause issues with real-time apps but maybe on your device it helps(?)
2017-2-28
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I have a shield and when I updated to nougat 7 DJI go and go4 both crash midflight.  Litchi is rock solid no crashes so far after a week of flying everyday.  I still need some guidance on the tap to focus with litchi.  Got a couple blurry flights.
2017-3-1
Use props
Katsumoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Austria

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-2-28 13:04
Why do you have usb-debugging activated?  In my case, I have found that will cause issues with real-time apps but maybe on your device it helps(?)

because one of the DJI-Supporters gave that advice .....
it seems that it did not help.....almost every flight a black screen ...
2017-3-2
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15295 ft
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-28 12:40
That's strange, I've had this one for weeks now and have never had an issue.
Although the Shield is not one of the approved devices mine works fine, I'm on Android 6.0.1.

I don't have a Shield myself but I've seen frequent references to problems occurring after the Shield has been upgraded to Android v7 Nougat.
2017-3-2
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Katsumoto Posted at 2017-3-2 03:08
because one of the DJI-Supporters gave that advice .....
it seems that it did not help.....almost every flight a black screen ...

Never thought about it but just checked my Droid Turbo and I do have USB de-bugging activated as well . I've never had any issues with DJI Go4 or Litchi running . Hmmmm
2017-3-2
Use props
fans06af034f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58701 ft
United States

I am a shield user too and the app crashes 50 of the time I use it.  I have android 7.0 installed, WiFi off.  And do a fresh reboot of the device before using DJI Go.  Please add Shield to list of supported devices as so many of us have one.  Go 4 not good¡
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules