Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Backup Controller?
935 4 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shawn_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

I don't remember seeing anything on here about this, if so, my apologizes.

Looking for redundancy options for some of our customers. Question is if the pilot station has a failure, can we have a backup controller. We're flying the 2 controller set up, one for pilot and one for sensor operator. My question, is if I can buy another controller, is it possible to have 2 controllers programmed as "Master" for one M600 ?? A3/LB2 set up.

Thanks
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

No, it's not possible to have two Master RCs. If the Master RC goes out, the Slave will not be able to take over.
2017-2-22
Use props
Vladimir Puchar
New
Czechia

Oh, not so good news. The whole Matrice 600 PRO has got redundancy but the SLAVE controller is not able to take over if MASTER goes out? Do you DJI guys doing some improvements about this?
2017-2-28
Use props
3x3q
lvl.3
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

Yeah, this is actually a great point. Two master controllers, where master #2 is only functional if master #1 is disconnected would be ideal from a redundancy standpoint.
2017-2-28
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

3x3q Posted at 2017-2-28 01:35
Yeah, this is actually a great point. Two master controllers, where master #2 is only functional if master #1 is disconnected would be ideal from a redundancy standpoint.

Exactly. Right now the only risk mitigation is to ensure the RTH is programmed, which we always do, but to tell some of our customers that is the only backup, they aren't so trusting...they don't like such a critical component, powered by an internal battery, to have no physical redundancy.
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules