Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best settings for flying over water?
2224 6 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
superjet96
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

I have been reading about Mavics wanting to swim because of nonoptimal settings and other things. I plan on doing  alot of over water to capture wake surfing, wake boarding and so on.  Travel speeds will be 12-22 MPH (20-35 KMH).  I would like to get fairly close to the water but not if it if it is going to cause a dive.  I would like to get at least head level but maybe not that close.
What are the best settings other than flying over land only.
2017-2-22
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Interested in this as well.  Sounds like at a minimum you should disable the downward VPS.
2017-2-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I've had no problem flying over water so far with no changes to the default setup. That said, I've been no lower than 50ft above the water, but fwiw.
2017-2-22
Use props
superjet96
lvl.4
United States

I plan on getting low for sure. The surface of the water will change some but  only if in close or behind the boat directly which I don't expect to happen much.
2017-2-22
Use props
Egika
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379593 ft

Hong Kong

I have successfully flown down to around 2m above a lake to capture SUP paddlers with default settings.
Only thing I noticed, that the height control wasn't super stable with the Mavic rising and lowering between 2 and 5 m at a slow speed.

The manual states that the vision system may not work properly over water.
At the sea and with waves the Mavic can lock onto a wave and move along with it since it thinks the ground should be steady.

I would switch the downward vision system off like recommended earlier to avoid any confusion.
2017-2-22
Use props
superjet96
lvl.4
United States

Did you have your VPS turned off?
2017-2-23
Use props
Cborca
lvl.1

United States

Flew about 10 feet over water for a couple minutes with default settings. I was a wee bit nervous, but Mavic did fine.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules