Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to remove the LIPO facing
1053 10 2015-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markus2015
Second Officer

Germany

Hi all,

has anybody ever removed the LIPO facing or knows how to do this without breaking anything??
I need to remove it in order to get a paint job done.

THX

lipo.jpg
2015-2-22
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.1

United States

I don't think you would want to take it apart, just mask off what you don't want to paint.
2015-2-22
Use props
markus2015
Second Officer

Germany

The problem is I will do it with water transfer printing and it would have to get submerged into water.
2015-2-22
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.1

United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-22 23:29
The problem is I will do it with water transfer printing and it would have to get submerged into wat ...

Definitely not advisable to take it apart.  You have switches and everything else in that cover.  Do you know someone with an airbrush or be able to apply a decal?
2015-2-22
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

markus, i removed mine by accident.  it was before i learned the 'inside wrist' method for battery removal.  i pulled so hard on the end that i yanked this cover off the battery but the battery didnt come out.  basically, there are two teeth on the inside that grab the housing, just like there are two teeth on the outside that grab the phantom shell.  you can take it off by applying spreading pressure and it will come apart just fine.  just be delicate.
2015-2-22
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.1

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-23 00:24
markus, i removed mine by accident.  it was before i learned the 'inside wrist' method for battery r ...

Where do you apply the spreading pressure to?
2015-2-22
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

there are little 'hooks' (rectangular but work like inverse hooks) around the inside edge of the cap (i call that thing he wants to remove a cap because it looks like that once it comes off).  there are 2 of these hooks on each of the 4 sides.  looking at them i wouldnt have messed with them originally worrying about them breaking off.  but when my cap came off, i could tell they are there to pop it on and hold it in place.  the trick is that they are not meant to have a bunch of 'off on' activity but doing it once (carefully) could certainly be done.  i wouldnt recommend it over and over but just saying that once you get it apart, you see how these 8 hooks hold the cap on just the same way the big two ones hold the cap 'to' the phantom shell but in the other direction.  hard to verbalize, so sorry if it isnt making sense.  dont want to advise you to do somehting that breaks your battery.
2015-2-22
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.1

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-23 01:14
there are little 'hooks' (rectangular but work like inverse hooks) around the inside edge of the cap ...

Got em,  I have one battery that already says it's damaged and not recommended to fly with.  I was curious as to what was inside.
2015-2-22
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

cool, let us know if you find anything different than i am describing so that i dont cause someone to break their battery.  mine came off so violently that im not certain it would be as straight forward if doing it gingerly.
2015-2-22
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.1

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-23 01:20
cool, let us know if you find anything different than i am describing so that i dont cause someone t ...

I just hope I don't find a snow bank in there
2015-2-22
Use props
markus2015
Second Officer

Germany

Thanks gnixon,

I'll give it a go. At least I know now for sure that it can be done. In 1 or 2 weeks I'll have my painted body shell done as well as the transmitter, landing skids and props. I never was a fan of stickers and didn't want to ruin mine with spray paint but this water transferd printing method will look stunning, I hope.
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules