Remote control replacement battery
1818 5 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65771 ft
United Kingdom

At some point in time all batteries die, when that does happen to the  remote controller are there replacement batteries available, if so what would be  the procedure too replace them, would the remote controller need to be sent back  to Dji authorised repairer or would this be a d.i.y job.
Nothing in the Manual.

2017-2-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha bigal,

This is an interesting question and I have wondered myself.  I think it will first appear here on the Forum with questions about a failed battery.  We have actually had at least one thread on a failed remote controller battery already and they had to send it in to DJI, but that was a failure.

At some point, the batteries will start indicating their ages and the problems will be expressed in groups of similar problems.  These RCs will be sent into DJI or service centers and the common denominator will be determined to be old RC batteries.  At that point DJI will implement a plan if they have one or develop one quickly from the experience of the intervening years.

The interesting thing is that DJI comes out with new, revolutionary products so often that the old Phantoms will no longer be supported.  Already, the P3A and P3P are no longer sold, but they are still supported and this applies to the P2 series and P1s.  In this scenario, the warranties have already expired so DIY replacements will not be prohibitive.

As the value of older Phantoms drop, they will be pushed to their limits more often and crashed more often.  The RCs left behind will either be thrown out, sold on e-Bay or put on the shelf.  The ones on the shelf will have salvageable batteries.  So batteries will be sold on e-Bay (with the RCs) for DIYers to install.

Ya know Al, if we can think of these things, we really need to get out more often and FLY!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-23
Use props
bigal
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-23 02:37
Aloha bigal,

This is an interesting question and I have wondered myself.  I think it will first appear here on the Forum with questions about a failed battery.  We have actually had at least one thread on a failed remote controller battery already and they had to send it in to DJI, but that was a failure.

More thinking time than Flying time today Cetacean we are in the midle of Storm Doris today in the UK gusting at 80mph so googling and watching Phanton Vid clips
2017-2-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bigal Posted at 2017-2-23 02:47
More thinking time than Flying time today Cetacean we are in the midle of Storm Doris today in the UK gusting at 80mph so googling and watching Phanton Vid clips

Aloha bigal,

Over here, when the wind gets up past 35 / 40 mph, we call it a 100 lb warning.  So, 80 mph gusts must at least deserve a 200 lb warning!  Hold On!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-23
Use props
bigal
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-23 03:02
Aloha bigal,

Over here, when the wind gets up past 35 / 40 mph, we call it a 100 lb warning.  So, 80 mph gusts must at least deserve a 200 lb warning!  Hold On!

Just tired the trampaline down just spotted it trying to lift off
2017-2-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bigal Posted at 2017-2-23 03:55
Just tired the trampaline down just spotted it trying to lift off

Aloha bigal,

Is that the flying saucer type of trampoline?  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules