Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware won't update
31577 23 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

I just received my on Monday. Since Tuesday I have been trying to update the firmware. The little Folder animation shows, but then after about 1-2 minutes, it says to continue download. 0% shows on the status of the app. I have deleted the app, restarted my phone, downloaded the app again. Turned the remote off, turned off the drone, and still this is going on. The remote says beginner. What is going on? Is the drone bad?
2017-2-23
Use props
fans909a8d2d
lvl.1
United States

Be careful updating over and over. My drone would not update to .400 either. Kept trying and trying (with DJI Asisstant as well) and ended up bricking the drone. Controller would not connect anymore, PC could not read it while connected with USB. Trying to bind the controller with the drone would not work. I had to send it back to DJI to fix. Just a heads up.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans38c2341f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252008 ft
United Kingdom

Mate mine turned up on Tuesday and I had the same problem. I'm using a iPhone 6s+.  The way I got it to work was using a official apple cable in the USB port on the back of the controller. I downloaded the update then turned the airplane mode on and then pushed the firmware to the Mavic. Not sure if it was just a coincidence but it worked for me
2017-2-23
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

Talked to DJI Mavic support and they had me dl DJI Assistance 2v 1.0.9 zip from the DJI site.  Updated both the Mavic and the RC. Here's what to do.

1. Go to DJI.COM
2. Click SUPPORT tab at top of page.
3. On left hand side of page, click Mavic.
4. Click the Mavic picture.
5. Scroll down until you see:  Contact Us, Tutorial Videos, Downloads. Click Downloads
6. Under Software you will see DJI Assistant 2v 1.0.9 for both Windows and Apple. Click either the Zip or DMG link.
7. Extract the .EXE file.  
8. Open the .EXE file. (I have Norton 360 on my laptop, so it asked me if I wanted to install the program.)
9. Once the program starts, it will tell you to plug the Mavic into your computer via the usb cable.
10. After it installs the drivers, it will show the Mavic in the list to upgrade. Click the image.
11. It will then show a list of firmware. The one that needs upgrading, and then some that will let you downgrade to previous versions.
12. Click the update/upgrade button.

Total time for the Mavic upgrade took about 20-25 minutes. A couple of times the usb disconnect sound chimed, but it never failed. Seemed to get stuck at 86%, but after 5 minutes resumed the download. Mavic did the DJI chime a few times also. After it updated, it showed 100% success. Next plugged in my RC and updated it. Took about 5 minutes or less. Again got the 100%.

I'm not sure if it will fail once I change batteries, since you have to update them as well. Fingers crossed that it won't.

Hope this helps someone that may be experiencing the same or similar issue.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

iamthewatchdog Posted at 2017-2-23 10:09
Talked to DJI Mavic support and they had me dl DJI Assistance 2v 1.0.9 zip from the DJI site.  Updated both the Mavic and the RC. Here's what to do.

1. Go to DJI.COM

not working
what u suggest?
thx
2017-4-8
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

My iPad Pro kept looping back to "continue download" screen.  I unplugged, charged controller, battery, and iPhone 6, reconnected using phone, using side micro USB on controller, worked like a charm.  It took about 15-20min.
2017-4-8
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

fans85982ddf Posted at 2017-4-8 06:51
not working
what u suggest?
thx

Can you explain what is it doing?
2017-4-9
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I have never had any luck updating with the controller app .  Here is how I do it and it works every time :

1.) Open Dji assistant 2 on the computer & make sure it has internet connection .
2.) Start the Mavic controller and then the Mavic and let them connect . (remove the props for safety)
3.) Using the USB cable connect the controller to the computer .  * See NOTES
4.) In Assistant 2 click on the "Mavic Controller" icon when it appears .
5.) After the program reads and list the current FW it will download any current updated FW file . Click on UPDATE , REFRESH  or downgrade to an older FW as desired.

This will update the FW on the controller , Mavic and battery all at the same time .

Note : Due to the Mavic interfering with the computers WiFi signal you may have to leave the Mavic in another room and have the computer closest to the homes WiFi router . That's what I do all the time since the Mavic causes the internet to lose connection after the download has started .

Note : Insure Controller and Mavic has at least a 75% charge

Note : Use one or the other USB port on the controller and make sure the unused port is free of any connected plug .
2017-4-9
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

iamthewatchdog Posted at 2017-4-9 04:37
Can you explain what is it doing?

when it reach 65%, the drone restarts twice i think, after 1 min the assistant 2 or the App say that the update is failed, and ask to restart or report.
i tried the update tons of times, in many places with different wifi connections .....  same result.
2017-4-9
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

fans85982ddf Posted at 2017-4-9 23:05
when it reach 65%, the drone restarts twice i think, after 1 min the assistant 2 or the App say that the update is failed, and ask to restart or report.
i tried the update tons of times, in many places with different wifi connections .....  same result.

Have your tried to downgrade to the previous update?  

You may want to uninstall the DJI program from your computer, restart your computer and then try to redownload the program.

You also might want to actually talk to one of the support gurus. Not the sales dept. It's under the Mavic Pro support link. The times I've talked to them they have been helpful.

I hope you can get something figured out soon. Sucks that it's being a pain to try to get it upgraded.
2017-4-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

iamthewatchdog Posted at 2017-4-12 17:24
Have your tried to downgrade to the previous update?  

You may want to uninstall the DJI program from your computer, restart your computer and then try to redownload the program.

This was happening to me and I shut down the mavic and the download immedately took off and finishe d in no time.  After it finished I powered the mavic back up and installed the download
2017-4-12
Use props
SPOT01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21788 ft
United Kingdom

mine wouldn't upgrade last night but phone only had 25% battery, recharged phone and update went through ok
2017-4-13
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-4-12 17:36
This was happening to me and I shut down the mavic and the download immedately took off and finishe d in no time.  After it finished I powered the mavic back up and installed the download

I've read that the Mavic could interfere with wifi. Maybe that was the reason.
2017-4-13
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

i shut down the wifi and i made the update through 4G. it works. i have now the Firmware 600.
but still have my biggest problem. cannot switch between photo and video. can't shoot video on my magic pro. only i can take pics.
2017-4-13
Use props
srg
lvl.2
United States

fans85982ddf Posted at 2017-4-13 14:29
i shut down the wifi and i made the update through 4G. it works. i have now the Firmware 600.
but still have my biggest problem. cannot switch between photo and video. can't shoot video on my magic pro. only i can take pics.

Can you tilt the gimbal?
2017-4-13
Use props
fansfb2d38d3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9423 ft
  • >>>
United States

iamthewatchdog Posted at 2017-2-23 10:09

1. Go to DJI.COM

Yes the instructions are spot on and they worked for my Mavic without a hitch. However my son's Mavic kept failing at 75%. Tried it on several devices including a high end Desktop and also some laptops. All failed. Eventually in frustration and despair i tried an old, sluggish desktop and it worked. Go figure.But now I have front sensor issues that will need DJI attention. So perfect Mavic before update to unuseable today. Poor..isn't it?
2017-4-18
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Jordan

srg Posted at 2017-4-13 14:45
Can you tilt the gimbal?

yes i can tilt the gimbal
2017-4-21
Use props
fansae63f962
New
Italy

fans85982ddf Posted at 2017-4-13 14:29

Hello! Did you figured out why it only took pics? I have the same problem here
Thanks
2017-6-22
Use props
XrVO3RVWI5ea
New
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-9 05:04
I have never had any luck updating with the controller app .  Here is how I do it and it works every time :

1.) Open Dji assistant 2 on the computer & make sure it has internet connection .

Thank You!!

Since I bought my Mavic 10 days ago, I've tried everything to update the firmware.  The Remote Contoller upgraded to the latest version ...900, but I couldn't get the aircraft to upgrade from ...400, which it had when I bought it.

I've tried updating with Assistant 2 and the latest version of the DJI Go 4 App (iphone 6).  I've swapped wires, hit "Retry" lots of times, but nothing seemed to work.  Each time the update seemed to stall at 77%, then gave me a failure message.  I've sent several "Report" uploads to DJI over the last 5 days but haven't yet had a response.

So finally I tried your way just now, with the Mavic away from my wifi router, and the Controller NOT connected by USB to the aircraft - maybe that was the key, but whatever it was, IT WORKED!

Many thanks rydfree41, you're a star!
2017-6-29
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

XrVO3RVWI5ea Posted at 2017-6-29 08:31
Thank You!!

Since I bought my Mavic 10 days ago, I've tried everything to update the firmware.  The Remote Contoller upgraded to the latest version ...900, but I couldn't get the aircraft to upgrade from ...400, which it had when I bought it.

I'm glad it worked out for you . I have updated every time since .400 and each time this is the way I have to do it . Anytime I have left the controller near the Mavic it has failed . As soon as I carry it to the room nearest the router it completes .
2017-6-30
Use props
djiuser_nkOdPSC
New
Flight distance : 34669 ft
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-6-30 04:00
I'm glad it worked out for you . I have updated every time since .400 and each time this is the way I have to do it . Anytime I have left the controller near the Mavic it has failed . As soon as I carry it to the room nearest the router it completes .

Thank you SO much! My update was progressing VERY slowly with the controller sitting near the Mavic. As soon as I took the controller away from the drone and into the computer room about 20 feet away, the update took off and downloaded within minutes. Thanks again for this great hint!!!
2017-7-19
Use props
Ken1515
New

Malaysia

New firmware update till end but won't load as of 8th July 2018.

Have upload a complain to Dji.

Now, my drone won't fly saying USB still connect???????????
How to hell did i connect a USB to the drone?????????

Hope Dji can fix this soonest.

Ken
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ken1515 Posted at 2018-7-8 18:30
New firmware update till end but won't load as of 8th July 2018.

Have upload a complain to Dji.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I would like to clarify were you able to update the firmware of your aircraft? What specific aircraft are you using? Are you getting any error message under the app? Please provide as well your app and firmware version including the model of your phone. Thank you.
2018-7-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Doing the updates with DJI Assistant 2 is definitely the most convenient and reliable way to do them. Just always check if the batteries need to be updated as well. Some firmware updates also require updating all batteries.
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules