Latest DJI Go for Android Flight Logs show wrong speed in MPH
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digdat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

Hello,

I have a couple phantom 3's, i fly on my iPad and my Samsung s6 phone. There is a bug in the Flight Records for Android 3.1.3 (585) where the speed is showing 30mph+ more than what iOS shows. Is this a known issue by DJI and are you planning on fixing?

Android Screenshot, you can see top speed is 103.1mph, which is not accurate. As well, when i playback my flights on Android the MPH is not correct, showing 40+mph when i was not going that fast.

iPAD screenshot from same profile. You can see top speed is 70.3mph.

2017-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What should the top speed read?
I always consider wind speed, added to your top speed, for actual numbers.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-23
Use props
digdat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-23 11:44
What should the top speed read?
I always consider wind speed, added to your top speed, for actual numbers.

In this case, 70.3 mph is the accurate calculation (which, in my case was 36mph flight + 34mph wind = 70mph). The 100 mph speed is not accurate. I pulled the logs, and even in metric, they show 31.4 m/s (which is about 70mph). I believe that the Android version of DJI Go has a wrong calculation to convert m/s to mph in the flight logs. In the main flight interface its fine.
2017-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

digdat Posted at 2017-2-23 11:53
In this case, 70.3 mph is the accurate calculation (which, in my case was 36mph flight + 34mph wind = 70mph). The 100 mph speed is not accurate. I pulled the logs, and even in metric, they show 31.4 m/s (which is about 70mph). I believe that the Android version of DJI Go has a wrong calculation to convert m/s to mph in the flight logs. In the main flight interface its fine.

Oh, ok well that makes complete sense. I wonder where the miscalculation is  occurring, or more importantly Why?

Not sure what you could do to correct that information, to read your actual speed right.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules