Controller Linking vs Relinking
2860 11 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Ok, so linking a new controller to a drone is pretty straight forwards but what if I already have a remote linked to my drone and want to relink it?  Are the steps the same or do I have to first remove the controller from my setup then follow the linking steps??  If so, how? I want to try and relink my controller as some have suggested this may resolve my "Lost Signal" errors I keep getting.

2017-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It would surely be the same, as you originally have done.

Interested in hearing your success too.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-23
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-23 12:49
It would surely be the same, as you originally have done.

Interested in hearing your success too.

Thank you. I am at the point where I am grasping at straws trying to fix my recent and  very frequent "Signal Lost" errors since adding dbs mod to my p3s controller   I am not optimistic but, hey, nothing to lose I guess ;)
2017-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That might be the ticket, but until you experiment a little, we might never know for sure. If it works better or not, will be the result of your rigorous testing.

Hey, even though these things can be quite trying, on ones nerves, having a positive attitude throughout it, will give you some peace, particularly once you solve the problem.

Remain cool, calm and collected. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-2-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I don't know for sure, but I would think during the re-link process the RC and the phantom are trying to pair-up on a certain signal. I would think that the RC should have a set frequency and as it sends out the signal when you hit the re-link on your phantom it is looking for one to hook up with. Or maybe it somehow picks a new frequency every time, I don't know for sure. With that being said the phantom can link to various signals but only when you are doing the re-link process. It surely overwrites any previous settings it had stored. That is why you can use the same RC with more that one phantom, but re-linking is required to secure the current signal. I don't know as you have to un-link it or remove it. I wonder if it is possibly to link a single RC to more than one phantom.

RHP:
Do you know if this is possible? It seems logical to me, don't know why you would want to, but have to ask.
2017-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-23 13:13
I don't know for sure, but I would think during the re-link process the RC and the phantom are trying to pair-up on a certain signal. I would think that the RC should have a set frequency and as it sends out the signal when you hit the re-link on your phantom it is looking for one to hook up with. Or maybe it somehow picks a new frequency every time, I don't know for sure. With that being said the phantom can link to various signals but only when you are doing the re-link process. It surely overwrites any previous settings it had stored. That is why you can use the same RC with more that one phantom, but re-linking is required to secure the current signal. I don't know as you have to un-link it or remove it. I wonder if it is possibly to link a single RC to more than one phantom.

RHP:

I don't understand how you can purposely unlink a drone from its radio controller.

Unless the linked receiver was switched out, for a different one.. .

By relinking, it "should" simply reconnect your RC & original receiver.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. ;-)
Sure you can fly several models with the same RC, but you would need to link them. One at at a time, before subsequent flights.

Unlike regular RC controllers, that allow several models, by switching the radio, to that particular model.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

One of the most common problems of antenna mod is the plugs inside the controller.

When putting the new leads in and connect - it may feel they are connected - but they do need a good press VERTICALLY to engage properly. I mod'd my antenna and when connecting the leads to the RF output boxes in controller ... first pressed in by hand ... not easy being so small and close to box side ... then took a flat ended wood dowel similar size and pressed again vertically to make sure fully home.

The plugs are excellent when home fully but if not the centre pin does not engage fully. It is also possible if not absolutely squared vertically to the connection when fitting - to bend that small pin.

It may be worth checking those connections again ...

As to relinking - yes - its just repeat the sequence as per manual - there is no other way.

Nigel
2017-2-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Interesting point raised - multiple models one controller.

The control signal 5.8 would be fine .... as its a one way transmission. So you could link more than one AC quite possibly. The AC would register the controller ID code.
But the 2.4 may object as its a two way transmission and both controller / AC need to register to each other.

That would likely be the reason relinking each time change of model to the one controller. But in theory as long as you only want to fly manually - it may be possible.

Nigel
2017-2-23
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks everyone. Re-linking was a snap. No way of telling if I improved anything because the weather has gone downhill. Looks like I have to wait until next week for further testing ;)
2017-2-24
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-23 23:22
One of the most common problems of antenna mod is the plugs inside the controller.

When putting the new leads in and connect - it may feel they are connected - but they do need a good press VERTICALLY to engage properly. I mod'd my antenna and when connecting the leads to the RF output boxes in controller ... first pressed in by hand ... not easy being so small and close to box side ... then took a flat ended wood dowel similar size and pressed again vertically to make sure fully home.

I actually started back at square one. Opened the controller, removed wire 1 and 3, both wires and controller connectors looked good, swapped wires 1 &3 with each other as well as the the outside (1 & 3) wires. If I now find that my video deteriorates but my control signal has improved I know I have a wire problem. One step at the time
2017-2-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Sorry you have me on that one ...

The Standard uses two 2.4Ghz and one 5.8Ghz .... you should not swap the 5.8 with any 2.4 ....

Nigel
2017-2-24
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-24 07:51
Sorry you have me on that one ...

The Standard uses two 2.4Ghz and one 5.8Ghz .... you should not swap the 5.8 with any 2.4 ....

3 cables that connect to 2.4 (X 2) and 5.0 (x 1) are identical.
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules