Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feature Request: Please improve Burst Mode!
1793 9 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COberschneider
Captain
Flight distance : 4397306 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I'm primarily a sports photographer, so I was excited about the burst-mode feature on the P4P and hoped it would make it easier to capture fast action sequences that can't be captured with single shots. The P4P can capture up to 14 images in burst mode, but there's a big catch: the time interval between the shots is just way too short! It's like all those 14 shots are taken in half a second, which makes the whole burst mode useless!

Now here's my suggestion: Please increase the intervall between each single exposure in burst mode, so that e.g. 14 frames are recorded in an intervall of 2 - 3 seconds, that would make it much easier to capture action shots. Please also allow the user to choose from a variety of options, like 14 frames in 1, 2 or 3 seconds or similar.

2017-2-24
Use props
liningiv
Second Officer
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

I'll second that request, just a simple Frames Per Second selection would be just right.
2017-2-24
Use props
COberschneider
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

Does anyone else think this is a good idea? GoPro has implemented the burst photo feature perfectly, so DJI should be able to do it, too!
2017-3-4
Use props
Photoroto
lvl.1
United States

COberschneider Posted at 2017-3-4 00:15
Does anyone else think this is a good idea? GoPro has implemented the burst photo feature perfectly, so DJI should be able to do it, too!

As an architectural and landscape photographer, I hope a super fast burst mode is always available at least as an option.

There's a lot of extra quality available from averaging several burst images together in Photoshop, but they must be shot within a fraction of a second of a second of each other.  Averaging can reduce noise levels and increase resolution dramatically, but even slight aircraft drift compromises the result, even with realignment in Photoshop.
2017-3-11
Use props
COberschneider
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

Photoroto Posted at 2017-3-11 19:19
As an architectural and landscape photographer, I hope a super fast burst mode is always available at least as an option.

There's a lot of extra quality available from averaging several burst images together in Photoshop, but they must be shot within a fraction of a second of a second of each other.  Averaging can reduce noise levels and increase resolution dramatically, but even slight aircraft drift compromises the result, even with realignment in Photoshop.

Good point, never thought of it that way!
BTW, do you notice any degradation in image quality comparing images shot in burst mode with images taken in single shot mode?
2017-3-11
Use props
liningiv
Second Officer
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

DJI have you viewed this request ?  I would like a burst mode where I can select how many images are taken per second, not as currently implemented 14 frames in less than 1/2 second.  This rapid fire is virtually useless of you want to capture a sport moment, or or sequence of images.  I am photographing a Lifeboat Launch, and I have to take each picture separately, about 1 every second, which is really too slow, if I could select 4 frames per second, then I could capture a 3 second event with 14 shots.  Please look at this request.  Thank you!
2018-6-13
Use props
COberschneider
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

liningiv Posted at 2018-6-13 05:37
DJI have you viewed this request ?  I would like a burst mode where I can select how many images are taken per second, not as currently implemented 14 frames in less than 1/2 second.  This rapid fire is virtually useless of you want to capture a sport moment, or or sequence of images.  I am photographing a Lifeboat Launch, and I have to take each picture separately, about 1 every second, which is really too slow, if I could select 4 frames per second, then I could capture a 3 second event with 14 shots.  Please look at this request.  Thank you!

Finally someone who understands my request, thanks! Hopefully someone at DJI will respond to this topic, the requested feature should not be too hard to implement.
2018-6-13
Use props
COberschneider
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

double post
2018-6-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

7/8 fps is quite reasonable for sports, 28 fps is way overboard, wonder why they thought that would be a good idea?
2018-6-13
Use props
impossiblespeed261
New
Flight distance : 868225 ft
Australia

Agreed! As a train photographer who has used multiple DJI drones since 2014, it's pretty disappointing that $3000+ drones still lack the ability to choose the frames per second of the burst shooting. I remember reading suggestion posts years ago and having some hope that things would change, but that hope is waning. As a photographer, I'm disheartened DJI drones seem to be so video feature packed but basic photography features remain forgotten.

The new Mavic 3 Pro brings better-than-ever hardware for action photography through the inclusion of longer focal lengths with RAW shooting, eg 48MP 70 mm. However, I haven't upgraded as the same limited burst function makes the DJI drones so frustratingly crippled for photography.

DJI, please, seriously consider implementing the ability to choose the frames per second (speed) of the burst shooting. I know I'm not alone in wanting this, there's a significant community who refrain from investing in DJI drone gear as the software doesn't meet the needs of action photographers.
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules