DJI - Great Products - Terrible Customer Service
1265 8 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
McCrimmon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1988 ft
United Kingdom

In the 15 minutes that I had my Phantom 3 Standard back in January, I could tell that DJI make great products, however, nearly 6 weeks on and my nightmare with DJI continues.  From what i've experienced, customer service does not exist and staff do not know how to deviate from the hymn sheet.

To summarise my chain of events:

• I ordered a DJI Phantom 3 standard drone from DronesDirect back in January 2017
  • I received the order a day later and unpacked, registered and setup as per instructions.
  • Within 15 minutes of using the drone for the first time it flew away
  • After doing some research on here and other forums, it was apparent that such incidents were regular as a result of a bug in the latest DJI software
  • I raised with DJI who took a number of weeks to investigate after 30+ emails, countless phonecalls, escalations and live chats.
  • I finally got a response from them offering a like forlike replacement.  (Things are looking good right?)
  • I was advised that the brand new replacement drone would be delivered within 7-10 days.
  • I waited for 7-10 days and received no drone.  Upon my next correspondence I was advised it would be 23rd February before the item would ship.
  • Yesterday came and I still had no tracking information.  I spoke to an advisor at DJI last night who advised that it would be shipped on 23rd as expected.
  • I woke up this morning expecting a tracking number, however, the status remained the same.  I then contacted the DJI pre-sales team who advised that they were out of stock and it would be probably be delivered within 1 month.

All in all, a horrible experience from start to finish and nothing on the horizon to resolve.

EDIT - Changing the title back after some cheeky little DJI rascal decided to brush the negative feedback under the carpet.

2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're very sorry about your experience. I'll look up your case and ask the warehouse to ship ASAP.
2017-2-24
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any update?
2017-2-28
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Do you guys just brush everything under the carpet?  For such a big company, the way you act is laughable.  No integrity or customer focus whatsoever!

The original thread was called "DJI - Great Products - Terrible Customer Service", not "Waiting for my done"
2017-2-28
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

Not very impressive though remember Thor is over in Japan (well he says he is anyway) and has probably only just got into work and seen your latest post.  I bet he'll be right on the case once he's had a coffee!!
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really sorry for the frustration.
I have confirmed with our pre-sales support team. The P3S is out of stock.
I have escalated your order, and we will be fulfilling your order as fast as we can.
2017-2-28
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Surely you know when you are getting stock in?
2017-3-1
Use props
Brandash
New
Flight distance : 21168 ft
United States

Were they ever able to help you?  I've been having an ongoing nightmare with customer service since March.  
2017-5-18
Use props
HappyNo
New
Flight distance : 502126 ft
United States

They brushed my ESC Board issue under the blanket for THREE MONTHS while they held onto my drone, and finally not honoring the refresh program do to an error on their side.  Since they never took the money off old with my PayPal business card, I was never able to access the $57 in funds until they let go of the funds.  On the same say they wanted my permission to charge me over $220 to replace the ESC board and propellers (that I never ordered or was told to send with my Air2).  

Beware when using this business in any way.  They are snakes with long reach.  I am fixing my own ESC board and plan on using my drone to spread the word via leaflets about DJI's way of doing business at all community fly togethers, and at all points of sale.  There is no reason to use 2nd hand garbage that were born from copying other people's ideas.    DJI has a vast following of consumers that have been lied to as well as misled into thinking their product is something it is not, when in actuality, it is someone else hard work.
2020-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules