Mavic firmware upgrade necessary?
1308 9 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I have been flying my Mavic around (a dozen or so flights) with no problems and everything is working. It asks for me to upgrade the firmware, but I am hesitant to upgrade for fear of causing unforeseen problems like I have read about here. Is it ok to ignore the firmware upgrade since there is no problems or should I take a chance and hope for the best?
2017-2-24
Use props
armoredsaint
lvl.1
United States

i upgraded without an issue when i got my mavic a couple of days ago
2017-2-24
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I really want to keep 1.2.9 but if I get a new battery, have to upgrade. I get great looking video right now, don't need much else. The assistant doesn't allow me to go back that far though and refresh a new battery so I might be stuck. The reset to defaults seems to still work last time did it. But haven't really flown much. Flew yesterday and today and I noticed what seemed to be a framedrop every second. Have to look at it more to make sure it's not the software.
2017-2-24
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Always best to update firmware.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI recommends being on the latest firmware but you're free to stay where you are.
Fir warranty purposes, I would update when new firmware gets released. If new firmware resolved something and you crashed due to that reason then it may not be covered.
Don't know if that would ever happen, but better to be safe.
2017-2-24
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-24 13:44
DJI recommends being on the latest firmware but you're free to stay where you are.
Fir warranty purposes, I would update when new firmware gets released. If new firmware resolved something and you crashed due to that reason then it may not be covered.
Don't know if that would ever happen, but better to be safe.

Ken, I tried doing the firmware upgrade but couldn't get it to do it. I had my iPad connected to the internet, turned on the transmitter, then the Mavic. Then the upgrade prompt came up on the screen and I followed all the steps to upgrade. It said upgrading but stayed at 0%. For ten minutes, I turned everything off and tried again, same thing. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?
2017-2-25
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-2-25 16:06
Ken, I tried doing the firmware upgrade but couldn't get it to do it. I had my iPad connected to the internet, turned on the transmitter, then the Mavic. Then the upgrade prompt came up on the screen and I followed all the steps to upgrade. It said upgrading but stayed at 0%. For ten minutes, I turned everything off and tried again, same thing. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

what firmware version are you on now?  
2017-2-25
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Success, after trying various starting orders with the iPad, Transmitter, and Mavic. Finally it upgraded, couldn't say why, or what I did to correct the issue. However all is good now. Thanks to everyone who offered their advice.
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-2-26 04:58
Success, after trying various starting orders with the iPad, Transmitter, and Mavic. Finally it upgraded, couldn't say why, or what I did to correct the issue. However all is good now. Thanks to everyone who offered their advice.

Glad it is updated now.
You also can update from the Assistant2.
2017-2-27
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

I am very reticent to update the firmware because on original one from the factory that it is not even a public release .100 version the mavic has not encountered any problems until now, it is a word that say "if it is not broken don't try to fix it"...and from what I read there with the latest .400 firmware a bunch of problems was introduced...I am really scare to update a perfectly working quad...
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules