Worried - Service Center Return Time
1169 20 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44872 ft
Canada

I bought my drone 2 weeks ago and the video signal simply does not work anymore. I was very disappointed by my Phantom 3 Pro present a problem with so little use ...

I have opened a repair request (CAS-472815-T3C2Y4), but I am very concerned if I will receive my equipment back within 3 weeks.

This is very important for me, because I am currently in Canada, but I will return to Brazil, my country of residence, on March 18 (in 3 weeks).

Changing the return address to Brazil is also not a good option. Brazilian customs charge imported equipment at 60%.

What could be done so that my equipment is returned within that time. This is very important!!!

2017-2-24
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

It will take a week to get your shipping labels. A week or two to repair your drone and a full week two to have it returned. That was my experience from Canada.
2017-2-24
Use props
Neves
lvl.1
Canada

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-2-24 13:58
It will take a week to get your shipping labels. A week or two to repair your drone and a full week two to have it returned. That was my experience from Canada.

One week for the label? Terrible..
2017-2-24
Use props
Zackyoung
lvl.1
Flight distance : 760801 ft
United States

Took me about 3 days to get a label, good luck!
2017-2-24
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Malaysia

Yea good luck with DJI service. Haha. Had a terrible experience too. Waited for 1 mth before anything happened.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We've registered your case and will make it as fast as we can.
2017-2-24
Use props
Neves
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-24 19:53
We've registered your case and will make it as fast as we can.

I'm really worried. The problem is having no assurance that the equipment will be returned on time.

If you could give me a deadline and stick to it would be great, but with the reports I've seen here and in other forums, I'm really very worried.

If anyone can make contact and see what we can do. Maybe authorize the repair at a technical center in Canada itself. I do not know.

I wish I could go back to Brazil and say good things about P3 and DJI.
2017-2-24
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

They will certainly fix it. I'm really happy with mine after repairs but shipping to California by UPS standard takes 7 days. Why don't you pay for quicker shipping yourself? I would ask DJI if that's OK with them first. It could arrive overnight that way and solve your problem.
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I can look into this for you come Monday to better follow up with the North American facility.
2017-2-25
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

Neves Posted at 2017-2-24 21:02
I'm really worried. The problem is having no assurance that the equipment will be returned on time.

If you could give me a deadline and stick to it would be great, but with the reports I've seen here and in other forums, I'm really very worried.

Here is the timeline for my current repair.

Feb 8 dropped off at UPS
Feb 16 Ups notification of delivery to DJI
Feb 21 DJI Notification its recieved repaired and tested
Feb 24 DJI notification repairs complete and will be shipped in 3 business days.

Add another 8 to 9 days for return shipping.

Hope this helps.

2017-2-26
Use props
Neves
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 22:06
I can look into this for you come Monday to better follow up with the North American facility.

Jamie, I wait.

I've packed my drone and it's ready to be sent. I'm just waiting for your contact to know what to do. I probably do not use the label sent, and I even pay to ship by a faster way (2 days).

If so, I'm prepared to pay DJI to send him back by a faster method as well.

Anyway, I look forward to your contact.
2017-2-26
Use props
Neves
lvl.1
Canada

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-2-26 05:10
Here is the timeline for my current repair.

Feb 8 dropped off at UPS

I've already been sent the label, but the service is really standard UPS (5 days). I made a budget and the shipment for 2 days cost 60 $. I'll wait to DJI contact and see if I can negotiate with them for the return be faster as well. The ideal world would be if they could authorize a technical center in Canada to make repairs.

But I guess this is not going to happen

Analyzing the timing of their experience, I think that if they receive on Wednesday (1), being pessimistic, it is likely that next Friday (10) the service is ready. If they can send me by a faster method (UPS 2 days) on Wednesday (15) or Thursday (16) I would get it back, otherwise I'll be fried.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Greetings from Brazil!
2017-2-26
Use props
Neves
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 22:06

Any answer?
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Neves Posted at 2017-2-26 08:30
I've already been sent the label, but the service is really standard UPS (5 days). I made a budget and the shipment for 2 days cost 60 $. I'll wait to DJI contact and see if I can negotiate with them for the return be faster as well. The ideal world would be if they could authorize a technical center in Canada to make repairs.

But I guess this is not going to happen

As far as the shipping going to the facility, they are unfortunately unable to make it any faster coming in. At best, they can make the shipping faster on the way out.  
2017-2-27
Use props
Neves
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-27 13:53
As far as the shipping going to the facility, they are unfortunately unable to make it any faster coming in. At best, they can make the shipping faster on the way out.

I sent it to the facility in Carson. I paid for a transport to get there faster. It has already been sent and should arrive on Wednesday. The important thing is to do the repair as soon as possible and return as soon as possible to me - otherwise I will be disappointed. The deadline: March 18
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Neves Posted at 2017-2-27 14:40
I sent it to the facility in Carson. I paid for a transport to get there faster. It has already been sent and should arrive on Wednesday. The important thing is to do the repair as soon as possible and return as soon as possible to me - otherwise I will be disappointed. The deadline: March 18

You should have ample enough time to get this sorted.
2017-2-27
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

Neves Posted at 2017-2-27 14:40

Neves. I was just notified my P3 4K I referred to earlier in this string was shipped via UPS today, March 1st. If I get it in a week that makes for a month turnaround.  A good part of that will be customs clearance at the Canada US border though.
2017-3-1
Use props
Neves
lvl.1
Canada

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-3-1 11:06
Neves. I was just notified my P3 4K I referred to earlier in this string was shipped via UPS today, March 1st. If I get it in a week that makes for a month turnaround.  A good part of that will be customs clearance at the Canada US border though.

Wow. Your drone was slow to return: /
For my case, after long conversations with the support, I decided to risk it. They said they will try to do what they can. I paid from my pocket for the shipment ($ 88) and now the drone is already at the facility in Carson. Praying to be back in time ...

I will come back here to say whether the problem was resolved on time or not and give feedback to everyone.
2017-3-2
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

Neves Posted at 2017-3-2 18:17
Wow. Your drone was slow to return: /
For my case, after long conversations with the support, I decided to risk it. They said they will try to do what they can. I paid from my pocket for the shipment ($ 88) and now the drone is already at the facility in Carson. Praying to be back in time ...

Good luck. Mine was still in California at the UPS facility as of March 2....
2017-3-3
Use props
Neves
lvl.1
Canada

My drone is back!

Thanks to Myra from DJI Support and DJI-Jame that after sending me proof that I really needed my drone to have some priority in the repair (my air ticket in this case) the whole process was done in a week. Obviously the action was very well coordinated with all the staff at the facility in Carson.

I already received my P3Pro and the problem was solved. I'm back to Brazil happy!

Many thanks to all involved. Greetings from Brazil!
2017-3-14
Use props
krishmaurya
New

India

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-3-3 03:55
Good luck. Mine was still in California at the UPS facility as of March 2....

Yup. Its still UPS facility is available.
http://powertronups.co.in/
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules