747 4 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sp00nix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

Hello All,

Does anyone have any tricks to force Android (in this case 7) to use the cellular service for data instead of trying, and failing, to use the wifi since the Phantom dose not supply internet?
2017-2-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What do you want data for anyway?
You don't need data to fly your Phantom.
Your question is confusing and I'm wondering if you perhaps haven't connected your tablet to the controller with the cable ?
What model Phantom are you playing with?  

2017-2-24
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.2
United States

Data can be used for a few things, like tracking weather and live YouTube streaming for example.

This is a P3S.
2017-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Puzzling, as your phone should have alerted you to the fact that the P3S does not supply Internet when you first connected to the aircraft. It should therefore always expect to receive Internet data via cellular.
2017-2-25
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-25 19:40
Puzzling, as your phone should have alerted you to the fact that the P3S does not supply Internet when you first connected to the aircraft. It should therefore always expect to receive Internet data via cellular.

It will tell me that it won't provide internet. You'd think it would just revert to cellular for data, but it won't. I even tried to enable "mobile data always active" under the developer options. I think the only option I have is to root my new tablet and find a route that way.
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules