Advanced hub is charging batteries simultaneously
4581 14 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
softgrapes
lvl.2

United States

I have the new advanced hub with a phantom 4 charger. I am not complaining but I thought his hub still charged the batteries in series. Mine is charging 3 simultaneously.

2017-2-24
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

How ?  update FW of the HUB ?
2017-2-24
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

just guessing but it could be the amount of power that is being outputted from the wall socket
2017-2-24
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Well that is cool Though i dont think that is normal..
2017-2-24
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

You're using a Phantom charger, yes? If so, does it do this with the Mavic charger?
2017-2-24
Use props
armoredsaint
lvl.1
United States

in before the fire
2017-2-24
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everyone should be aware that there are TWO models of the Mavic Charging Hub. The Mavic Charging Hub shown here -> Mavic Charging Hub, is model number M1CH-S and IS NOT compatible with the Phantom 4 charger. DO NOT try this.

The other hub, the ADVANCED Charging Hub is shown here -> Mavic ADVANCED Charging Hub, costs more and is model number M1CH-P and IS compatible with the P4 charging system for faster charging...

So please be aware of which hub you have before connecting it to anything other than the standard Mavic Charger....
2017-2-24
Use props
softgrapes
lvl.2

United States

Yes I am using the advanced hub (M1CH-P) with a p4 charger. I didn't try it with the mavic charger to see if it did the same thing or not. I'll do next time.

Just concerned since according to DJI this is not the expected behavior. Or it is and they got the wording wrong in the product description. After all, when it was first announced simultaneous charging was one of the features.
2017-2-24
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

softgrapes Posted at 2017-2-24 19:49
Yes I am using the advanced hub (M1CH-P) with a p4 charger. I didn't try it with the mavic charger to see if it did the same thing or not. I'll do next time.

Just concerned since according to DJI this is not the expected behavior. Or it is and they got the wording wrong in the product description. After all, when it was first announced simultaneous charging was one of the features.

The manual says that the Advanced Charging Hub charges batteries in stages, making charging multiple batteries faster.... -> Click here to see the Mavic Charging Hub Guide, look for page 6...

So if you have the M1CH-P, then four Mavic batteries should take about 2hr 30mins....
2017-2-24
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Well if his video is real then we can clearly see all batteries being charged simultaneously...
2017-2-24
Use props
softgrapes
lvl.2

United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-24 20:00
The manual says that the Advanced Charging Hub charges batteries in stages, making charging multiple batteries faster.... -> Click here to see the Mavic Charging Hub Guide, look for page 6...

So if you have the M1CH-P, then four Mavic batteries should take about 2hr 30mins....

So I guess this is expected behavior then?
2017-2-24
Use props
Videolester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466624 ft
Canada

Saw another post that stated that if batteries (by chance) have the SAME voltage when put on the charger, those batts will charge simultaneously.
2017-2-25
Use props
Brutus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124304 ft
Netherlands

Videolester Posted at 2017-2-25 20:57
Saw another post that stated that if batteries (by chance) have the SAME voltage when put on the charger, those batts will charge simultaneously.

I can confirm that, had it once with two batteries connected. (with the out of the box Mavic charger and hub)
2017-2-26
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

I believe it is simply that as Brutus said, the 2 batteries were at that level, I have also seen this happen even with the Mavic brick well that is if the OP is using the non Advanced Hub? The Advanced Hub only became  available a few weeks ago at a premium and that does charge 2/3 batteries at the same time. Also I would be cautious as I am not sure if you should be using the Phantom Charger with the non Advanced Hub but then again as it is only passing voltage and it seems to work then it does not look like an issue :-)
2017-2-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is it ok to keep the batteries in the charger for a few days before next flight or should they be removed after full charge?
I have the original DJI P4P charger hub for 3 batteries and would like to keep them sitting in there...
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules