Video recording stops on own shortly after starting
957 5 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paizano1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236319 ft
United States

Is anyone else having trouble with the video recording stopping shortly after takeoff will start the recording before take off and then I will hear it beep on my app that it has stopped recording shortly after. doesn't always happen, but never did this to me before most recent app update. Android 3.1.3, latest forced firmware also. I have tried formatting and also a different sd card. Using galaxy s5 too. Just wondering.i can restart after it stops and will continue to record.it also stopped right after signal loss and rth initiated. Didnt hear or notice till halfway back to me.just seems odd.
2017-2-24
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

I get this often..even had to land couple times and restart everything..Also happens in litchi. Sometimes switching to stills and back will fix issue..
2017-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The usual reason for the recording stopping is because the SD card is not fast enough for the job. What card are you using?
2017-2-24
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

Mine has been doing the same thing (P3A), using a sandisk Ultra Plus 32GB card.  It seemed to help after I relinked the RC with the AC.
2017-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Thermographer Posted at 2017-2-24 19:33
Mine has been doing the same thing (P3A), using a sandisk Ultra Plus 32GB card.  It seemed to help after I relinked the RC with the AC.

The Sandisk Ultra series of cards are borderline in terms of being fast enough. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. You are better off using the Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro series of cards. Failing that, if you format them in the aircraft after you have copied the images off, they will often work OK for a while.

2017-2-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Funny that the card supplied with my P3S was an Ultra 8gb card .... its since failed and refuses to work in anything ! Tried diskpart recovery - but no deal.

Nigel
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules