My DJI Phantom 3 4k is getting a low voltage warning, Please help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Kid
lvl.1
United States

I took up my drone on thirsday with a half charged battery. After hovering it above the ground for 30 secs, I lifted off to about 10 feet. Before I could go any higher, at about 1 minute into the flight, I got a low voltage warning, and it landed by itself. I have looked on the forum, and gotten mixed answers, some say try with a fully charged battery and see if it works, some say get a new one, and I just need a solid answer. I don't wan't to test it with a fully charged battery and have it be fine, then take it up and have the alert go on when I am above trees or water. I can give whatever data from the flight that you need to help me figure this out.
2017-2-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The problem is clear with your first sentence.  You must never launch with a partially charged battery.  
2017-2-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Yes your question is answered in the above post.
Make it a habit to fully charge your aircrafts batteries.
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI Kid
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-25 04:38
The problem is clear with your first sentence.  You must never launch with a partially charged battery.

Thank you so much, I will try to fly it on a full charge from now on, but how can you be sure that it won't do that again on a full charge?
2017-2-25
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DJI Kid Posted at 2017-2-25 05:00
Thank you so much, I will try to fly it on a full charge from now on, but how can you be sure that it won't do that again on a full charge?

On a full charge it should not.  Before launch you can always check your battery status in the GO APP before going for throttle up.

2017-2-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

DJI Kid Posted at 2017-2-25 05:00

Because it's well documented that launching on a partially charged battery leads to all sorts of catastrophic problems.  You must always launch on a fully charged battery - even for a short flight.  No exceptions.  Hope this helps.  
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules