Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Forward Obstacle Sensing not Responding" when using active track
2119 6 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

Been having an issue with the downward VPS sensors which I thought was fixed with the latest firmware update. During my third battery yesterday I received the warning in the attached screenshot when trying to use active track. I toggled all sensors on and off in the app and they did not restart while flying. Landed shortly after and downward VPS was not working either (no pause before landing).

Quick power off and power on and it was all good. Everything worked as normal. No errors on start up and active track picked me up fine.

Anyone seen this error before? I'm going to try a sensor calibration again today but if they worked after a power cycle then I doubt it's a calibration issue.

IMG_4326.PNG
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Chaser720, please try to do the VPS calibration to see if the error persists.
Please keep us posted.
2017-2-27
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-27 01:47
Hi Chaser720, please try to do the VPS calibration to see if the error persists.
Please keep us posted.

Flew again on Sunday before calibrating with no problem. Going to calibrate VPS again when I get a chance. With an intermittent problem like this it's tough to figure out when you've actually fixed it.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chaser720 Posted at 2017-2-27 05:38
Flew again on Sunday before calibrating with no problem. Going to calibrate VPS again when I get a chance. With an intermittent problem like this it's tough to figure out when you've actually fixed it.

Thank you for your update.
Please keep us posted.
2017-2-28
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-28 03:30
Thank you for your update.
Please keep us posted.

Did VPS calibration and everything passed. Flew again this weekend and this happened again but with TapFly. Seems like everything is working fine initially but fails later into the flight.
Also wanted to add this flight was around sunset so some light but not bright. Could this be a lack of light issues?
2017-3-13
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

What would cause sensors to stop responding mid flight?
2017-3-15
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

DJI support has requested that it be sent in for review. Off for repair it goes...
EDIT: F*ck it. Just going to keep it for the summer and send it off again next winter.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules