H3-3D not working after firmware update on Phantom 2.
123Next >
30195 87 2014-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matteomalpezzi
New

Italy

bricev Posted at 2014-12-14 13:50
This solution worked for me, reset the firmware 4 times to no avail but your tip worked a treat! G ...

The same for me i buy the last version of Phantom V2 new model radio and zenmuse H3-3d the gimbal don't work after upgrade and motore came hot in 2 minute, alla new 1 flight .....is impossible for me resend to center items is news.....how must i do? i need it for work i have pay good money....
2014-12-14
Use props
RC Flying
lvl.1

United States

Finally. The seventh reset is the time it finally worked, but I had do some special things. I did a hard reset, kept the phantom on, connected the gopro, connected to the assistant software and then upgraded the gimbal firmware. Instead of pressing the prompted “ok” I simply restarted the phantom without pressing “ok” in the dialog box .After reboot I then pressed “ok” and calibrated both the phantom and controller using the basic control settings. I moved the tilt wheel while calibrating the sticks. Then I recalibrated the phantom and controller using the advanced control settings. Again I kept moving the tilt wheel while calibrating the sticks.. I did a restart and the gimbal worked with one exception. Changing the gain on the travel has no effect on the speed of up and down travel.  This was a compilations of things I read about here. I am not sure why the gain doesn't work as expected. Maybe there will be another firmware update.
2014-12-14
Use props
kaselsk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56585 ft
Latvia

RC Flying Posted at 2014-12-15 11:20
Finally. The seventh reset is the time it finally worked, but I had do some special things. I did a  ...

This new firmware update is s**t. My zenmuse now is vibrating when i am flying The vibration is just like in this video
2014-12-16
Use props
johnrickylosori
New

Philippines

Hello,

I just solve the issue.

Just run the Phantom-Transmitter Calibration : http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom-Transmitter_Calibration.

The trick is when you are in step 4 already turning the sticks, you will include the X1 pot calibration also. This will also calibrate as it is not included in the directions.

Hope this works on you too.
2014-12-16
Use props
RC Flying
lvl.1

United States

Looks like I spoke a little too soon about my gimbal fix on 12/15. I was using the Phantom mode and the gimbal worked with the exception of the gain working properly. All I did was switch from Phantom to Naza and the gimbal is now not working properly again, with jerky movements, incomplete travel to the up and down ends, moving slowly in one direction and fast in the other, etc. Went back to Phantom mode and the gimbal now does not work properly in that mode either. So I guess it back to the repeated resets and recalibration until hopefully the gimbal works properly. This is a lot of aggravation for  an aircraft that I have invested well over $1000 in. I can't believe that simply switching modes caused this to happen all over again. Hours spent on research and trying to fix the problem  and now I am back to square one.

DJI are you there?
2014-12-17
Use props
christopherbje
New

Norway

Same problem for me, gimbal dead after firmware update, but I have NO active leds on mine now, it does have power as it will supply the gopro and makes a faint hum. The reset option does nothing. So what do I do now, is DJI offering any solution on this to their customers? I have tried to contact their customer support but no answer. Is there any way to downgrade?
2014-12-20
Use props
mscala
New

United States

mg1029@gmail.co Posted at 2014-11-19 22:47
This is an update to my post on 2014-11-17 09:14 on this topic.

After reading a lot of negative fee ...

This worked for me. I was worried it was bricked. Thanks for posting! I'm so relieved now!
2014-12-21
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Man I've just about had it with this product.

My H3-3D goes bad so I Purchase another one. I receive and install it. Powers up fine then PT2 tells be there's an update. Do the update and...boom.
Brand new out of the box bricked gimbal. It's not even been flown. (This is the second firmware update that's bricked two of my gimbals)

Yes, I've "re-flashed" the gimbal and re-updated the firmware. A total of 11 times. Nothing. I've followed the "don't click 0k" when it says to power cycle trick. Nothing.

DJI what is going on?!  Fed up. Fed up. Fed up.

I'm not dealing with the gimbal "tricks" anymore. You know like, "try it on a pc instead of a mac." OR "Don't click the OK after it tell you to power cycle." OR "take a paperclip, touch the two points and reset the gimbal..." What an absolute joke. I have  the PT2 software running on a laptop.... it should work no matter what Operating system. If there's a mac app then it should work with a mac. Period.

The brand new gimbal doesn't work now. The official DJI firmware AND software bricked the DJI gimbal. I've boxed up the broken gimbal and it's on the way back tomorrow for a brand new replacement. Why not i mean I pain another $379 for this. It should work... and keep working.

2014-12-22
Use props
RC Flying
lvl.1

United States

If you want to get DJI's attention post your problems on their facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/DJIglobal
They read that.  I had a post deleted within about 12 hours when I complained  about the problems with the gimbal and posted the link to this thread. I posted once again including the link to this thread and the post was deleted again. Sounds like an admission of a problem to me. If enough people post the problems on facebook, which has much more public exposure, maybe they will finally be forced to fix it. They don't want negative exposure to their 386,791 public likes.
2014-12-22
Use props
tironmoderage
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-9 13:58
Use the old version Assistant and then you can downgrade the firmware.
There is another way to resto ...

I too have had the same problem. Thanks to the solution
2014-12-24
Use props
marco.ubbriaco
New

Italy

CIAO A TUTTI COME HA DETTO mg1020
DOPO AVER FATTO LA PROCEDURA NON PREMETE OK QUANDO VI DICE DI RIAVVIARE IL PHANTOM 2 SPEGNETELO DIRETTAMENTE POI SCOLLEGATE LA PRESA USB MONTATE LA GOPRO E FUNZIONERA' DI NUOVO

DONOT click the OK button on the Assistant SW.
Instead, power off the P2.
Then install the GoPro camera/plug the USB cable.

Power up the P2 and voila!!! the H3-3D is revived.
2014-12-26
Use props
marco.ubbriaco
New

Italy

HO FATTO QUESTA PROCEDURA MA PREMENDO OK ALLA FINE DOVE DICE DI RIAVVIARE IL P2 NON FUNZIONA!!! HO PROVATO DI NUOVO SEGUENDO IL CONSIGLIO DI MG1029 DI NON PREMERE OK ALLA FINE E LA ZENMUSE HA INIZIATO DI NUOVO A FUNZIONARE
2014-12-26
Use props
abdullahsymn
New

Turkey

look at this. Wohoaaha!!! what is going on???  after update FW the last one the gimbal turned crazy. Heeeelp.
I did factory reset and the other methods above.
2014-12-29
Use props
RootisTootis
New

Germany

RC Flying Posted at 2014-12-15 11:20
Finally. The seventh reset is the time it finally worked, but I had do some special things. I did a  ...

This worked for me as well. It was probably also my sixth or seventh attempt and. The only things I did differently were to first do the calibrations and after the gimbal FW update completes (and before pressing the "OK" on the pop-up dialogue), I connected the GoPro as instructed, but also turned it on. Seems to have done the trick for me.

Thanks for the advice!
2014-12-31
Use props
eddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4636224 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

christopherbje@ Posted at 2014-12-21 03:13
Same problem for me, gimbal dead after firmware update, but I have NO active leds on mine now, it do ...

Any update on your issue?  I just did an update and the new firmware bricked my gimbal.  My gimbal has no led light at all.  Even no light, i just follow the mentioned steps but to no luck it is not working.
2015-1-1
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
United States

tylerng Posted at 2014-11-24 21:35
Hi all,

I had the same problem with my P2 after the software update. I tried many times to reset th ...

Hello I'm having the same problem and this is endless. I'm keep reseting the gimbal and download again, still not working....
2015-1-1
Use props
shipod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 727516 ft
Turkey

IT FINALLY WORKED!!!

I kept following the steps posted here:

After 15 failures I decided to try one thing...

Remove your metal device (scissors, pliers, tweezers etc.)  off the gimbal IMMEDIATELY WHEN IT TURNS RED/YELLOW !!!!THE FIRST TIME!!!

Before I would hold my scissors on the gimbal throughout the Phantoms boot up.  During which time the gimbal colors would usually change from green to red to red/yellow twice).

finally I tried taking the scissors off immediately when it turned to red/yellow the first time.  Then I went through with the rest of the instructions on the youtube video.  I also followed this advice:

"when the upgrade is finished with the message: >>Upgrade success! Powercycle! OK ...

!!!DO NOT!!!! click the OK button on the Assistant SW.

Power up the P2 and voila!!! the H3-3D is revived."

Hope this helps some people...remember I tried about 15 times before I tried this way and it worked!!! So persistence really did pay off in the end.
2015-1-3
Use props
marco.gouveia
New

Brazil

You really saved me, THANKS A LOT!!!
2015-1-4
Use props
marco.gouveia
New

Brazil

tylerng Posted at 2014-11-24 21:35
Hi all,

I had the same problem with my P2 after the software update. I tried many times to reset th ...

The problem happened to me even with the latest Assistant 3.6, and after reflashing the main controller & PCB firmware. It seems DJi launched today a new firmware for the H3-3D together with Zenmuse Assistant Software v1.12.
2015-1-4
Use props
eyupsenturk77.g
New

Turkey

Hi mg1029,
you saved my day. Thank you very much
At first it did not work then i did what you said now it is back

"It is exactly the same procedure as the one I posted on this Forum.
The trick is - when the upgrade is finished with the message:

>>Upgrade success! Powercycle! OK

DONOT click the OK button on the Assistant SW.

Power up the P2 and voila!!! the H3-3D is revived.

Thanks a lot

2015-1-29
Use props
liorthebest.hot
New

Israel

Hello,
i have a H3-3D which used to run perfect with V1.0.04 it came with.
i made a terrible mistake by updating it today to V1.0.012 and it is now 100% crazy and useless, see video:

DJI-Sophie, what can you recommend about this?
2015-2-3
Use props
faredkampai
New

Brunei

thank you so much i try ur method and its work!!!
2015-2-11
Use props
mike.calnan.bti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1321545 ft
United Kingdom

Hi - can anyone direct me to a previous answer to this question or help generally please.  

My H33D works ok, but only travels to full up or down stops.   I cannot stop its mid way any more.  I have done all the software updates, calibrations, resetting by shorting the two contacts on the gimbal etc.  Any help greatly appreciated.  
2015-2-21
Use props
mike.calnan.bti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1321545 ft
United Kingdom

Hi - can anyone direct me to a previous answer to this question or help generally please.  

My H33D works ok, but only travels to full up or down stops.   I cannot stop its mid way any more.  I have done all the software updates, calibrations, resetting by shorting the two contacts on the gimbal etc.  Any help greatly appreciated.  
2015-2-21
Use props
Pacal74
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello guys,
What can be wrong, Zenmuse H3-3D not working
from one moment to the other one that they themselves.
Please help me
My English is not good,sorry...

This video have used a hard reset, but it does not work for me.
2015-2-21
Use props
glock40jsc
New

United States

abdullahsymn@gm Posted at 2014-12-29 19:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbwDaAS4Bw
look at this. Wohoaaha!!! what is going on???  after upd ...

Did you get this figured out? Mines doing the same. Went crazy after update?
2015-2-21
Use props
vicentelei
New

Macao

Guys, I have the same issue (x1 can only tilt to top or bottom, all mid way is gone) after firmware upgrade to 3.08 since December, no matter how many times of hard reset i did and now many time i connected the transmitter to RC Assistant, they were all not working for me.

Does anyone else still having this issue with your h3-3d / remote for phantom?
2015-2-22
Use props
Sdot1234
New

United States

Same issue... You literally have to do it 3 times, it helps to have another person help turn it on, while you are holding a paperclip to bridge to connections, LED does turn yellow/orange and allows you to reload firmware... THANKS FOR THE HELP !!!!
2015-3-24
Use props
iivandj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3655873 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I have the same problem as some, but I see that nobody is given the final answer to fix the problem ... Can you help me?

Here's how it all began:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04d41zj006pn93d/gimbal.mp4?dl=0

The battery was at about 15-17% when I did this shot. I thought it was her.

I put the battery to charge, and only after a few days I went out on a new recording.
When I turn it on, he started going crazy. Here's how:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73uutvg2v4dlsg0/VID_20150508_122820.mp4?dl=0

I did not do update gimbal before this started happening. I tried to reset gimbal but did not help ..

Can someone help me, please!
2015-5-10
Use props
skipedwards
New

United States

I am having the same problem as everyone else on this thread.  I had no warning my gimbal was going to brick, I just plugged it in after it was working perfectly and it was limp.

I've read and read and this is by far the best thread for getting it to unbrick.

Here's what is going on with my brick.  Mine originally started out with a red light and after several tries at bridging, it turned green.  Now when I bridge the green light turns red then the yellow light comes on.  I then plug in the cable to the Zenmuse Assistant, click updates and update the GCU.  Latest version is 1.12.  Update successful, I then get the popup that says to recycle the power, click OK and when I recycle, the gimbal is still limp.

I've also tried when you get the popup telling you to recycle DO NOT CLICK OK and just go straight to recycle, still the gimbal is limp.

After both of these tries and recycle, I check the light and it is back to solid green.  Is anyone with more knowledge on this subject monitoring this thread that can help?

2015-5-30
Use props
mjohnston2
New

Canada

I have the same problem with my H3-3D gimbal, with it working fine, then all of a sudden acting like it has a mind of it's own...shaking, rotating...looking like it's trying to constantly calibrate or something.

I did exactly as you said, now my gimbal is unresponsive.  It won't power up at all when I power up the Phantom.  What's going on here?
2015-8-22
Use props
phe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 704665 ft
Germany

eddie@eddieling Posted at 2015-1-1 16:49
Any update on your issue?  I just did an update and the new firmware bricked my gimbal.  My gimbal ...

Hi eddie,

Could you solve it? I have even no led-light, too

Peter
2015-9-4
Use props
mahodgkins
New

United States

Hi all- I tried all the suggestions and have finally gotten my gimbal working again.  Here are some observations that might help:

1. At the end of trying everything else, the one thing that I did that has not been mentioned here is remove the top of the Phantom 2 and check the cable connection from the gimbal to the Phantom.  Last time I flew I had a semi-crash/hard landing.  The cable connection to the Phantom is only retained by friction.  So any hard landing or crash can jar it loose.  Sure enough, my connector was tilted and halfway off of its connection.  After re-seating the cable connector, re-assembling the Phantom, re-doing the hard reset/firmware upgrade on the gimbal, power cycling without hitting OK, re-calibrating the X switch, everything is now working (at least propeller-less on my desk).

2. I noticed that I was only able to get the Phantom assistant to recognize the hard reset first thing in the morning after connecting everything.  I noticed that my PC would flash an error that the USB device was not recognized after several attempts at hard reset/upgrade.  So you might also try removing the USB cable and installing it in another uSB slot on your PC/MAC to get the Phantom Assistant to recognize the hard reset.

So it's a combination of things you have to be very precise with to get this fix to work.  Make sure cable to gimbal is fully seated.  Make sure USB cable is recognized by your computer.  Perform the hard reset/firmware upgrade in the exact sequence described above.  Re-calibrate X switch.  This was extremely frustrating, but persistence paid off and it will for you as well.
2015-12-31
Use props
up.estudiocreat
New
Mexico

michael@pigford Posted at 2014-10-13 13:06
Sophie,

I tried what you said (touch the two connections as i turn it on) and nothing happened.  Ar ...

Hey! whats up!!

I founded this link:

Very good.
2016-4-6
Use props
fans223aa559
lvl.1

Moldova

Привет, у меня проблема после прошивки у меня перестала работать подвеска, просто труп (мертвый). пожалуйста, помогите мне, ни один из вышеперечисленных советов не помог мне
2018-12-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fans223aa559 Posted at 12-21 14:30
Hi, I have a problem after the firmware I have stopped working suspension, just a corpse (dead). please help me, none of the above tips helped me

You have AC FW v 3.14?  

Not sure what your issue is.  What is not working, the zenmuse?  

If so,

I would calibrate the IMU.  

If that doesn't help, I'd disconnect the zenmuse and calibrate the IMU.  Make sure everything works okay.  Then I'd reconnect the zemuse and calibrate the IMU.  

2018-12-21
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

This is one comprehensive time consuming frustrating issue. After reading everyone's solutions which all share some common steps I'm wondering if standing on one leg, raising the other leg, rubbing my stomach in a counterclockwise motion with one hand while rubbing the top of my head in a clockwise motion with the other hand will work on my friend's P2! This is ridiculous!
2018-12-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-22 08:20
This is one comprehensive time consuming frustrating issue. After reading everyone's solutions which all share some common steps I'm wondering if standing on one leg, raising the other leg, rubbing my stomach in a counterclockwise motion with one hand while rubbing the top of my head in a clockwise motion with the other hand will work on my friend's P2! This is ridiculous!

Did you see post #34?
2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

I somehow missed that video due to the tunnel vision I get from reading too much on here and losing track of time. Ha!

After watching it the process is simple and straightforward so I sent the link to the P2 owner who lives in another state but haven't heard back yet. I'll update on the success of this fix when I find out.

I've learned things from your various posts about other issues and I'm creating a reference library of my own with your and everyone's helpful solutions. Thanks Mark.
2018-12-22
Use props
fans223aa559
lvl.1

Moldova

This is how the suspension starts to work, after turning on the P2, the red indicator on the suspension lights up and that's it.
2018-12-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules