Carbon props and stress cracks?
720 4 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

Is there any evidence, or have memebers genuinely experienced stress cracks from the use of carbon props?  I am interested in finding out, if under normal flying conditions, the stiffer carbon props place undue stress on the arms of the drones (i have a p4p).  

Rough landings, rapid accelerations and decelerations could contribute and i understand that, i am more interested in nromal, uneventful flying conditions where it is primarliy the effect of the props that would cause them, if at all.

Thanks

2017-2-25
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

No CF props well not cause extra stress on the drone, especially to the extent of causing cracks.
2017-3-4
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-4 18:28
No CF props well not cause extra stress on the drone, especially to the extent of causing cracks.

Thanks William, how do you know this?  Have you been using carbon props for a long time?
2017-3-5
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-3-5 05:50
Thanks William, how do you know this?  Have you been using carbon props for a long time?

No very long, started using then a few months back. Also I've read a good bit about CF props, the good and bad. Most are just peoples options, as a lot of posts are people that are just repeating something they hear but have never really used them. I have used them, at least the ones that DJI sells. They are not 100% CF, but reinforced with CF. I like them very much as they give a more responsive drone. Once I even had a small crash where the props hit a small tree branch and also the ground, and after cleaning off the grass and dirt there was not a mark on them.
2017-3-5
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-5 09:30
No very long, started using then a few months back. Also I've read a good bit about CF props, the good and bad. Most are just peoples options, as a lot of posts are people that are just repeating something they hear but have never really used them. I have used them, at least the ones that DJI sells. They are not 100% CF, but reinforced with CF. I like them very much as they give a more responsive drone. Once I even had a small crash where the props hit a small tree branch and also the ground, and after cleaning off the grass and dirt there was not a mark on them.

Thanks for your reply.  I have carbon props that are very stiff, flying with them also for only a few months.  I find that they tend to generate more down force, sound noisier and hover with more stability.  I also have some carbon mix props that are in between the stiffness of the stock DJI props and the carbon fibre props i mentioned earlier.  I have not flown with those as yet, they are also quick release like the stock props.

The carbon props i mentioned have different mounts so it is a pain to try and swap between the different props i have, would mean replacing mounts each time so i figured i would fly with these for a few moths and then try the others and see if i notice any difference.

2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules