Question about replacement landing gear
2186 8 2015-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

I broke my Phantom 2 Vision (NO Plus),  LANDING GEAR on one side. I broke the side with the small, white, rectangular compass box built in to the leg.

QUESTION: If I buy a set of replacement landing gear for $6.00 from DJI (for the DJI Vision), will it have the little rectangular hollow built into it so I can swap-out the compass and snap-on my cover?
2015-2-22
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Is your compass molded to the leg -- like the latest plus? If so, you'd only be able to reattach it by strapping it onto your new landing gear with something like a plastic zip tie.
2015-2-22
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

Picture of break.
broken landing gear.jpg
2015-2-22
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

Why can't I buy a leg EXACTLY like the one I broke---with a little rectangular hollow in it?  
2015-2-22
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Because that leg is not part of the $6 landing gear set. You need this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=KBLMNBTVGO54M4BA
2015-2-22
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

PhantomHelp Posted at 2015-2-23 08:44
Because that leg is not part of the $6 landing gear set. You need this one:

http://www.amazon.com/g ...

Thank you. Forgive me, but it really sucks that I can't buy the leg without the compass. What a frikken ripoff.
2015-2-22
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

I think your compass is also molded onto the leg, so it would probably be impossible to do what you're suggesting.
2015-2-22
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i would think you could just buy the part that he posted and pop off their compass and put yours in its place.  no?  i mean it is 20 bucks not 6 bucks, but that doesnt seem like that much to spend to overcome the problem you are having.
2015-2-22
Use props
tmalley
New

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-23 10:51
i would think you could just buy the part that he posted and pop off their compass and put yours in  ...

The link is for one that does NOT work for PV 2+. Like mine. Although mine is not molded, would just pop into hollowed spot.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules