Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand New: Mavic pro vision system error
12Next >
22651 48 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andydatro
New

Australia

hi there,

i received my Mavic on 24th of Feb and went through the setup process, charged the batteries, updated the firmware and connected my iphone but my remote was saying "sys warning" and "check app". the app told me that the left vision sensor was malfunctioning with the code a00004. i googled the code with no luck of finding information about it. i then decided to check the calibration on DJI assistant and the left sensor had no read out or picture. how can i get this fix? it's literally out of the box (brand new) malfunctioning. i live in Australia, ordered the drone off an Ebay store who is apparently a DJI authorised dealer. should i contact the seller directly about a replacement or should i use the warranty with DJI? really fustrated with this experience.

Andy
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you should try to contact a moderator here, they should no what that error means and help you out.
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Andy, sorry to hear about the issue.
Please upload a screenshot for the error code, then export the calibration log, and upload it to dropbox, then post the link here, we'll help you check the log.
If you calibrate it with Windows PC, you can find the log here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2_V1.0.4\Assistant/calibration_signal_log.txt
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2_V1.0.4\Assistant\vision/cali_conf.txt
If you use the Mac, then please check it here: Macintosh HD/Applications /Assistant.app/Contents/MacOS
2017-2-26
Use props
Andydatro
New

Australia

Thank you for the quick response! i've got ahead and uploaded the calibration_signal_log.txt to dropbox, however the file cali_conf.txt doesn't exist in the vision folder. here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew5v96 ... signal_log.txt?dl=0

on the DJI assistance app for calibration, the left sensor is completely grayed out.
here are the photos of the app error code and the calibration sensor
?dl=0
?dl=0
2017-2-26
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Don't wait. Open a case to return it to Dji. Otherwise Dji will make you waste days in troubleshooting the issue. Once your passed 7 days they will refuse to return it.  You're better off returning and buying a new one again, other wise they will probably exchange it with a refurbished mavic most likely.....yeh ask me how I know!
2017-2-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Send it back ASAP!!!!! I'm not going to go in to detail as to why just start RMA...
2017-2-26
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You need to send it back to the E-bay seller you bought it from.
Or at least contact them and ask for an exchange / refund.
Your warranty is with the seller you bought it from.
2017-2-26
Use props
Andydatro
New

Australia

i'm going to send back to the ebay store seller, but it's going to cost 20% restocking fee + postage.  super annoyed about this. brand new product $1699 not working. hopefully i can either get it exchange or my money back, but i am covered by Australian Law and entitled to a refund.
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andydatro Posted at 2017-2-26 03:39
Thank you for the quick response! i've got ahead and uploaded the calibration_signal_log.txt to dropbox, however the file cali_conf.txt doesn't exist in the vision folder. here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew5v96j23rbcxpa/calibration_signal_log.txt?dl=0

Sorry, the picture you uploaded here is not visible, please click on "Advanced"--"Picture", then upload them again.
Also I've transferred the data to our engineers.
If you've contacted the seller, please check whether you can get a replacement or refund, very sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-2-26
Use props
fans3c9002ac
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-26 23:19
Sorry, the picture you uploaded here is not visible, please click on "Advanced"--"Picture", then upload them again.
Also I've transferred the data to our engineers.
If you've contacted the seller, please check whether you can get a replacement or refund, very sorry for the trouble caused.

I have the same issue....left vision not working...gray left screen during calibration...now what??
Only 1 week old and flown less then 30 minutes
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans3c9002ac Posted at 2017-2-27 14:41
I have the same issue....left vision not working...gray left screen during calibration...now what??

Please connect your aircraft to Assistant 2, then export the top 2 vision module data and upload it to dropbox, then post the link here, I'll transfer it to our engineers for evaluation, thanks.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans3c9002ac Posted at 2017-2-27 14:41

Just to clarify, you sent it in to our service center, right?
If so, may I have the case numbner? thanks.
2017-3-7
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

STOP! Check this first...

Have you checked that there is no a small "blue" film on one (or both) forward cameras? Mine shipped with just one of the four sensor cameras covered with a protective film...
2017-3-8
Use props
toddatkins
New

United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-3-8 01:40
STOP! Check this first...

Have you checked that there is no a small "blue" film on one (or both) forward cameras? Mine shipped with just one of the four sensor cameras covered with a protective film...

This is EXACTLY what happened to me.  Brand new drone!  I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.  When I saw this post I peeled the little stickers off the front camera, and BOOM, it calibrated no problem.  Wow, DJI.  Really???
2017-3-12
Use props
MavicRookie2017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 393100 ft
Canada

toddatkins Posted at 2017-3-12 21:11
This is EXACTLY what happened to me.  Brand new drone!  I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.  When I saw this post I peeled the little stickers off the front camera, and BOOM, it calibrated no problem.  Wow, DJI.  Really???

Same story! There was a tiny clear sticker on the left front camera that was causing the blur or gray left screen and the calibration kept failing at 14%. It was driving me crazy cause I tried everything; updating, uninstall/reinstall, shift restart, until I read this tread. Took off the sticker and problem solved. The shift restart trick did help cause I'm using Windows 8 and the MP was not connecting until I tried shift restart. I was about to return the MP as well but good thing this forum was around. Hope there won't be other issues from here on.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans84138b29
New
United States

hey yall, i got the same issue, i bought it from the official website about 2 weeks ago so its already pass the 7 days warranty. when i tried to calibrate, on the third screen the sensor frame just wouldnt move, or it would move every 2 min... it lines up perfectly and turned blue, but wont advance to the next screen. i originally thought it was the sticker, but after i peeled it off and tried to calibrate again, on the bottom left both sensor screens become completely white. on the app it also says 'vision system error 100800 which i dont know what it means.

any help would be appreciated! i'm going on a trip in May and trying to calibrate everything but seems like i cant even do that!
2017-4-26
Use props
fansa28f1d4d
New
Flight distance : 36932 ft
United States

If someone could help me understand why the video I download from the card is choppy and not smooth?  When I play it on my computer it jumps frames or they are not stored on the card.  Thanks
2017-4-26
Use props
fans47741b73
New
Flight distance : 19557 ft
Philippines

I got the same issue, when i first turn on then mavic i had no issue or errors. When
i restart the mavic i got this vision error "Forward Right Vision Sensor Error (a00008)".

I've noticed after cooling down the mavic for about 3 minutes when turn it on i had no issue or error.
When i restart it again the the vision error show up again.

When i tried to calibrate, the forward right vision sensor is not working.

Should i use the warranty with DJI or DJI can replace my mavic ?

I'm using latest firmware

2017-5-8
Use props
fans47741b73
New
Philippines

fans47741b73 Posted at 2017-5-8 17:42
I got the same issue, when i first turn on then mavic i had no issue or errors. When
i restart the mavic i got this vision error "Forward Right Vision Sensor Error (a00008)".

Dropbox image link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/te3r7u ... 21440239_o.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb6jej ... 07062139_n.jpg?dl=0
2017-5-8
Use props
fans47741b73
New
Philippines

Dji Mavic Pro Forward Right Vision Sensor Error (a00008)

2017-5-11
Use props
eshvab
New
Flight distance : 12874 ft
Belarus

Today purchased Mavic Pro Combo pack and faced with exactly the same problem ;( After installed and updated all needed apps/updates - see this error a00004 and left vision sensor. Can someone please help with?
2017-6-19
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

eshvab Posted at 2017-6-19 11:58
Today purchased Mavic Pro Combo pack and faced with exactly the same problem ;( After installed and updated all needed apps/updates - see this error a00004 and left vision sensor. Can someone please help with?

My first couple of flights no issues, now I have the same sensor error as well
2017-6-23
Use props
fans6019cf2c
New
Flight distance : 7408 ft
Vietnam

Me too. (

2017-7-7
Use props
cortesman
New
United States

This seems to be happening a lot with the latest firmware update. I never had any problems with the sensors and now they dont work. re-installing and rolling back did not help. No obstacle radar display and just get a NoN next to the person I con on the bottom of the remote where it usually displays distance to obstacle or target. I hope firmware update will fix it.
2017-7-7
Use props
Mansfield
New
United Kingdom

I had this issue, then used DJI Assistant 2 to calibrate. The mavic had a small piece of film over one of the front sensors. Thats why it needed recalibration
2017-7-8
Use props
djiuser_S35GhFf
lvl.1
United States

I feel your pain.  I've had issues with vision system calibration on a brand new out of the box Mavic also.  Multiple attempts to resolve via "DJI Support" were unproductive and included downgrading then re-upgrading the software, repeating IMU calibration, and redoing the vision system calibration multiple times, all to no avail.  And, of course, the quality of the "support" personnel is suspect for sure.  Fortunately, I purchased from Amazon and their customer service immediately approved a return/replacement via their vendor.  Given all the posts I've seen about this problem, I'm only cautiously optimistic that the replacement will be trouble free.  I'm grateful to Amazon for sure; glad I didn't purchase directly from DJI............  and I would urge anyone thinking about purchasing directly to rethink that plan.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Why would you buy a mavic off eBay? I wouldn't touch eBay for expensive stuff like this.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans6f252bbe
New
Flight distance : 1699 ft
Malaysia

This error A0008.. (left)
A0004 for right sensor
IMG_3868.JPG
2017-7-20
Use props
fans6f252bbe
New
Flight distance : 1699 ft
Malaysia

I have this issue today.. i open MP & check .. found connector loose. After fix back already ok
IMG_3867.JPG
IMG_3853.PNG
2017-7-20
Use props
userf457687615
New

Russia

Hi all! I have same problem with my mavic pro.
I bought a used Mavik. Before buying, I checked it, it was all ok and the green bar on top - ready to go.
When I brought it home, I found an error - system vision error. The only thing I did with it in the car while driving home - is powered on it in a box with a gimbal lock, to check the connection to my phone. Perhaps it overheated.
I wrote a request to the DJI support service and they said - send it to our service center to Germany for warranty repair. The problem is that I live in Russia and our "wild" customs do not want to pass quadrocopters across the border. And creates for this bureaucratic obstacles.
I tried to calibrate the sensors in the DJI assistant2, but where there should be a picture from the sensors there were just gray screens - no image was from sensors..
I flew about 20 times with this error and once during the flight the error was gone. I landed the Mavik, turned it off and took it home to calibrate in the DJI assistant. But at home this error of the vision system appeared again.
In general, I gave the Mavik to a local service center for diagnostics.
They said that it is necessary to change the sensor control board and the sensors themselves. They said this is a small board that is in the head of the mavik, above the gimbal.
I tried to find this board at local DJI dealers, it turned out that board is assembled only with a gimbal and costs 1/3 of the price of the mavik. And they told If you put a board not from the native gimbal, the gimbal will not work.
As a result, I had a few question - are they right in the local service center?
Are the sensors working on the board from the gimbal?
After all, the gimbal itself works normally. Why does the vision system not work on this board, and the gimbal on this board works?
Can anyone suggest alternative opinions because of an error in my movie?

Thanks and sorry for long post on bad English)
2017-7-21
Use props
userf457687615
New

Russia

userf457687615 Posted at 2017-7-21 02:29
Hi all! I have same problem with my mavic pro.
I bought a used Mavik. Before buying, I checked it, it was all ok and the green bar on top - ready to go.
When I brought it home, I found an error - system vision error. The only thing I did with it in the car while driving home - is powered on it in a box with a gimbal lock, to check the connection to my phone. Perhaps it overheated.

-*in my mavic
2017-7-21
Use props
fans1271bfe0
New
Flight distance : 33655 ft
Netherlands

I have an error on the front Vision sensors called a000c, this came up after I replaced the gimbal mounting plate after a smal crash
2017-7-23
Use props
Osee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

I spent hours trying all the fixes in this forum - i tried two different windows 10 machines and then booted to a win 8.1 and nothing worked - finally i installed win 7 on one of the hard drives ... shazam !
2017-8-24
Use props
Darv
New

United States

I also have the same problem. My RC keeps telling me "Sys warning", "Check app", and that the AC has "Vision System Error"

?dl=0

but when I check the overall status of AC, they appear all normal and it says "Latest Firmware!". I also have green on my IMU and Compass.

?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8w8y1 ... 02693446_n.png?dl=0

I also tried to calibrate my Mavic Pro in the computer using DJI Assistant 2, my left sensor shows only gray screen, while my right shows an image. Tried it again, and still says Vision System Error.

?dl=0

I actually bump my Mavic Pro on a wall by accident and it dropped about 5 ft. Got a scratch on the left nose but nothing directly on the left sensor.

?dl=0

How do I remove the Vision system error? Is this normal? Please help. Thanks in advance.
2017-10-15
Use props
Darv
New

United States

REPOSTING for images*

I also have the same problem. My RC keeps telling me "Sys warning", "Check app", and that the AC has "Vision System Error"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6q9y5 ... 89811129_n.png?dl=0

but when I check the overall status of AC, they appear all normal and it says "Latest Firmware!". I also have green on my IMU and Compass.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pg6bi ... 81608737_n.png?dl=0
?dl=0
?dl=0

I also tried to calibrate my Mavic Pro in the computer using DJI Assistant 2, my left sensor shows only gray screen, while my right shows an image. Tried it again, and still says Vision System Error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9zuwuxyy5845k7/wqsd12dasd.png?dl=0

I actually bump my Mavic Pro on a wall by accident and it dropped about 5 ft. Got a scratch on the left nose but nothing directly on the left sensor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu8d7r ... 76445076_n.jpg?dl=0
How do I remove the Vision system error? Is this normal? Please help. Thanks in advance!
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Darv Posted at 2017-10-15 20:02
REPOSTING for images*

Sorry to hear the difficulties. After going through your description, I'll instruct you to send the drone in coz it seems the right sensor was damaged by the accident. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-10-17
Use props
Darv
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-17 02:43
Sorry to hear the difficulties. After going through your description, I'll instruct you to send the drone in coz it seems the right sensor was damaged by the accident. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Thank you. Will send it asap.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Darv Posted at 2017-10-19 09:10
Thank you. Will send it asap.

You are welcome, hope you can get the drone back to the air soon.
2017-10-19
Use props
fans7b6a9c1a
New
Denmark

It seems that I have the same problem - my left sensor shows blank, grey window... I have missed 7 weeks varrancy (it was a gift...). What should I do?
2017-11-27
Use props
oscaribf
lvl.1
Spain

toddatkins Posted at 2017-3-12 21:11

Oh, boys... are you crazy??? Didn't remove your sensor protectors! Can't believe it!!! BTW... My sensors are giving me an error since my very first unboxing... I'm so sad about this... oh... wait... what are those invisible plastic protectors... oh, god! Now it works!!!
So glad to be part of this forum!
2017-12-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules