Mavic Pro Shutter Speed/Motion Blur issue after crash
728 2 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Judge247
New

United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]I recently purchased the Mavic and was very impressed. After about an hour in beginner mode I got too confident and turned it off. I ended up crashing the drone into a tree. The drone's props had broken and the drone itself had minor aesthetic damage, a couple of scrapes. However after getting it back into the air with a full new set of props, an abnormal gimbal vibration warning appeared on the DJI Go app, as well as very shaky and distorted footage due to this vibration. I then discovered that the gimbal had slipped out of the L shaped mount on the body of the drone and was vibrating against the body in flight. I managed to get the gimbal back into the mount, once back in the air the warning did not appear again and the footage was nice and stable.

[size=14.6667px]Upon reviewing footage taken after the crash however I noticed a much more noticeable rolling shutter effect when panning/yawing the drone. Also the motion blur seemed to be much more apparent and to me not as smooth and sharp as the footage captured before the crash.

[size=14.6667px]I have uploaded a video to Youtube which demonstrates the issue better.

[size=14.6667px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCbUtAF4dw&feature=youtu.be

[size=14.6667px]The before and after footage are shot in two very different weather conditions which could effect on this, as well as shutter speed and exposure settings. I had the camera settings on automatic settings on both before and after footage.
[size=14.6667px]I would like to know if this is a problem with a solution or am I just being over critical, I have been worrying quiet a bit after the crash.

[size=14.6667px]Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am happy to upload an additional video or photos if needed.

[size=14.6667px]Thanks!

2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash. Could you please upload some original videos to dropbox and send me the link?
Please do not edit or rename the original files.
I'll help to check it.
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash. Could you please upload some original videos to dropbox and send me the link?
Please do not edit or rename the original files.
I'll help to check it.
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules