Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No love for Litchi
1486 19 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desert Toad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1176624 ft
United States

I'd like to try a 360 photo and believe most people use Litchi for this. Before I buy it, why the bad reviews in the App Store?
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I use litchi all the time for panos no problem..
2017-2-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 08:10

How do they come out? What are the options for number of exposures, rows, etc? Appreciate it!
2017-2-26
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

I was using it but found it to be unstable and would often freeze. Autopilot is much more stable but only available on IOS.
2017-2-26
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

I have Litchi for Andriod. On the Andriod version the focus doesn't work and Active Track looks like a drunken sailor is holding the camera and can barely keep the subject in frame even when the subject is being still. DJIGo4 does not have these issues.  Oh, Litchi warns you that in active track mode the AC may just decide to wander off on it's own if it looses the subject rather than hover.

I liked Litchi fine for use with my P3A, not a big fan of it on the Mavic. Only reason it's still on my phone and tablet is that I like the ability to pre-plan waypoint runs (And I hope they can sort out the glitches).

2017-2-26
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1176624 ft
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-2-26 08:18
I was using it but found it to be unstable and would often freeze. Autopilot is much more stable but only available on IOS.

Does Autopilot do 360 photos?  I don't need my drone crashing because of bad software and voided my warranty..
2017-2-26
Use props
The Rev
Captain
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 08:10

Mine often gets to then start point and just sits there after taking the first Pic and usually takes several attempts.
Autopilot first time every time but there is a bigger learning curve
2017-2-26
Use props
The Rev
Captain
United Kingdom

Desert Toad Posted at 2017-2-26 08:21
Does Autopilot do 360 photos?  I don't need my drone crashing because of bad software and voided my warranty..

Yes it does and a lot more.
It can do a lot more than Litchi but it can only fly limited missions out of range of the controller were Litchi you can send it but as its unstable I would not trust it if I cant see it but if the fix all the bugs has a lot of potential.
When you take 360 photos with Litchi you can also set different exposure for each row so you don't have a blown sky and dark ground.
As yet I have never had a crash or it fail to do what I sent it to do unless I have made a mistake.
2017-2-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-2-26 08:23
Yes it does and a lot more.
It can do a lot more than Litchi but it can only fly limited missions out of range of the controller were Litchi you can send it but as its unstable I would not trust it if I cant see it but if the fix all the bugs has a lot of potential.
When you take 360 photos with Litchi you can also set different exposure for each row so you don't have a blown sky and dark ground.

EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.  AND exactly what I suspected:  Litchi looks a bit wonky for me.  I already have to really, really keep an eye on GO 4, as it does some lazy coding stuff at times.
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-26 08:18
How do they come out? What are the options for number of exposures, rows, etc? Appreciate it!

I have been using 4 rows 10 photos and use I think it's top row angle of 10%. I have been using Lightroom in post to edit, and autopano to stitch.
I have also used 3. Rows and only 9 photos and it has worked out .

I find with Mavic you need a calm day , but they work out well , I haven't used my p4p yet but have used my old P4 with a lot of success.
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Rev Posted at 2017-2-26 08:18

I haven't used autopilot, but for me it's not litchi that's unsteady but the Mavic if you do it on a calm day Mavic and litchi work great together.
2017-2-26
Use props
The Rev
Captain
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 08:32
I have been using 4 rows 10 photos and use I think it's top row angle of 10%. I have been using Lightroom in post to edit, and autopano to stitch.
I have also used 3. Rows and only 9 photos and it has worked out .

I use Microsoft Image Composite editor (ICE) as it works fast and its free and resize with Photoshop for use on Facebook.
2017-2-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 08:36
I haven't used autopilot, but for me it's not litchi that's unsteady but the Mavic if you do it on a calm day Mavic and litchi work great together.

I believe he's saying the software is coded like crap, so it is unstable.  I've heard & viewed videos with it having lots of issues like GO.  It'll only get worse with Nougat's hybrid AOT/JIT compiler.

I'm waiting on the iPad Mini 5 or whatever.  Then I'll get Autopilot or Autoflight (whatever the devil it's called).
2017-2-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

OH, Samsung is coming out with the Tab S3 & it looks nice.  Octa-core, 4GB RAM, etc.  Loads of power.  9.7" and 6mm thin.  But that doesn't run iOS!  LOL
2017-2-26
Use props
The Rev
Captain
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-26 08:42
OH, Samsung is coming out with the Tab S3 & it looks nice.  Octa-core, 4GB RAM, etc.  Loads of power.  9.7" and 6mm thin.  But that doesn't run iOS!  LOL

I use android and IOS but since getting the Ipad Mini 4 mainly IOS.
All the apps seem more stable on IOS and you always get the updates first.
It may well be that Litchi is only unstable with the Mavic as I don't have any other Drone to test but I do have Android and IOS versions and both have failed.
It hasn't been a major problem as you can just start DJI Go and it takes over control but it fails to do what I wanted and that is just usually take a 360 so nothing complicated.
2017-2-26
Use props
The Rev
Captain
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-26 08:33
EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.  AND exactly what I suspected:  Litchi looks a bit wonky for me.  I already have to really, really keep an eye on GO 4, as it does some lazy coding stuff at times.

Checkout all the training on You Tube for autopilot as it is a bit of a learning curve but worth it.
It can screen record and also run in Portrait mode if you want to use a full size Ipad.
2017-2-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-2-26 08:52
Checkout all the training on You Tube for autopilot as it is a bit of a learning curve but worth it.
It can screen record and also run in Portrait mode if you want to use a full size Ipad.

Already did, thanks!  It looks intuitive and not overly-complex at all.  That's why I'd like an iPad Mini, but not at the end of its lifecycle.  The Mini 4 is in overtime.  Overall, Apple blows w/o Steve.
2017-2-26
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I purchased Litchi the 2nd day I had the Mavic and have only used the DJI Go4 app a few times since . Litchi works great for me on my android Turbo phone .
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-26 08:42

I have also used dronepan with my old P4 and it works fine, they are two very progressive guys , they also have a Facebook forum , and I have to say they are extremely knowledgeable and helpful, it's worth joining there Facebook forum just for all the help they offer..
2017-2-26
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

I switched to litchi and love it for my n India shield.  No app crashes so far
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules