Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic ascending by itself past max limit during RTH
692 5 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2507b980
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36821 ft

United States

Hey All,
I'm new to the forum here.  Had a pretty scary experience today.  I was flying about 3000 ft out and my battery started getting low so i flipped into RTH.  I'm watching my screen and see that instead of descending it was actually going higher way past my max altitude.  I tried fighting against it and going down but it wasn't working.  I was panicked but I quickly turned off RTH and tried to bring her down, which was working, but slowly.  I was quickly losing battery so I had to land a bit away from home.  I finally touched down on the grass with 3 seconds of battery life left.  Waaaayyyyy too close for comfort.  Anyone have any idea what could have happened?
Thanks,
Adam
2017-2-26
Use props
4wd
First Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it turned into the sun it was probably trying to climb higher than the sun to avoid the obstacle - the sun is quite high   You can turn this feature off
2017-2-26
Use props
daivatam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

check rth altitude settings
2017-2-26
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

There have been several documented cases that are similar. The OA was probably sensing the Sun as an obstacle. ( fairly low in the sky) Your RC should have alarmed, but you may have not noticed it. The AC will continue to assent beyond your max altitude, and will max out at the max set by dji. A quick way to cancel this is to switch into sport mode.
2017-2-26
Use props
JimmyC
First Officer
Flight distance : 65814 ft
United States

When the sun is out on a clear day I turn off the front sensors.
2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

As others have said, it could have been the well-known false OA warning caused by the low sun. But if you believe that wasn't the case, there was another bug that I reported, which is supposed to have been fixed with the newest firmware: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=75543
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules