Flight @ Pismo Beach, California
1962 8 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

Just thought I'd share this footage from Pismo Beach, captured last week with the P4P+.  Let me know what you think!

2017-2-27
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136273 ft
United States

Very nice. Beautiful views!
2017-2-27
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

nice, i am jeal
2017-2-27
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

jealous, sorry
2017-2-27
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I live in the mountains so it's nice for me to see coastal areas.  
PS flying close to the birds... if one gets startled and flies into a prop that would end not not being good.
Nice video thanks
2017-2-27
Use props
spiderbot
lvl.4
United States

Beautiful scenery, nice editing, good video.

Interesting music.

Great job!
2017-2-27
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-27 04:25
I live in the mountains so it's nice for me to see coastal areas.  
PS flying close to the birds... if one gets startled and flies into a prop that would end not not being good.
Nice video thanks

Hey @blackcrusader!  I too live in the desert and mountain area.  It can get underwhelming quick, but with some trees and land features, a little creativity with your shots can sure go a long way!  It almost feels like cheating when you go and fly in a place with so much color and moving land features.  People who live in areas like this are SPOILED TO THE BONE!

Thanks for mentioning the risk of flying near birds.  I did take this into account and had been watching them for quite some time.  These particular birds were more interested in running and jumping in the water looking for food.  That bit of information coupled with a good aftermarket warranty gave me the confidence to just "go for it".  I wouldn't have done this over deeper water, as the warranty is only valid if I recover the bird.  lol.  Thanks for watching and commenting!

PS The other birds who like to roam the skies were not nearly as trustworthy.  They could care less if the drone was in the sky, and  would come uncomfortably close to the aircraft, as seen in one of the early shots in the vid posted.  Also when I was more in land, there were Falcons.  Those guys are predatory birds, and over the course of 20 minutes went from about a quarter mile away, to around 200 meters away.  They probably would have gone for it had I spent much more time in the air in that location.  
2017-2-27
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
United States

spiderbot Posted at 2017-2-27 04:33
Beautiful scenery, nice editing, good video.

Interesting music.

Thanks a lot!  It's one of my first edits.  I still feel like I have a long way to go, but at least I've got this one done.  The music is what I feel makes the footage more interesting.  I got lazy and went for a Casey Neistat track that is popular right now.  Check out the composer's soundcloud if you want...

https://soundcloud.com/joakimkarud
2017-2-27
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Yes I get some nice shots in the mountains. I won't post them here as I have posted some in other threads.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules