United States

2017-2-27
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi Dennis, nice landscape and flight! Did you notice your horizon is slightly off on several occasions? Maybe a gimbal calibrate will help.
2017-2-27
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, how was this clip rendered? what resolution were you filming in? just seems very blurry, only uploaded to YouTube in 720?.
Also around the 3.20-4.15mins you have to keep a eye on the horizon tilt.
You tube can be very harsh when uploading if it's not done correctly.

2017-2-27
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136273 ft
United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-2-27 01:33
Hi Dennis, nice landscape and flight! Did you notice your horizon is slightly off on several occasions? Maybe a gimbal calibrate will help.

Hello.. and Thanks! I did notice after the flight. The wind was blowing a bit that day. I think that was the issue. I calibrated compass and gimbal before take off. It could still be a little off though.
2017-2-27
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

The resolution is horrible. Something is not right. Is this the video from your SD card?
Also, I see no wind in that video.
P.S. Do not calibrate your compass before every flight. Leave it alone. It is not recommended.
2017-2-27
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.2
United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-27 01:41
Hi, how was this clip rendered? what resolution were you filming in? just seems very blurry, only uploaded to YouTube in 720?.
Also around the 3.20-4.15mins you have to keep a eye on the horizon tilt.
You tube can be very harsh when uploading if it's not done correctly.

I took it straight from the DJI Editor into iMovie. Took like 5 minutes. I did not download it directly from the SD card for the best quality like I should have. I need to redo the entire thing. I have been playing with different resolutions in my DJI Go App, Different lenses and so on. If you have  any recommendations on the settings I would love to hear them.

Thanks
2017-2-27
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.2
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-2-27 21:14
The resolution is horrible. Something is not right. Is this the video from your SD card?
Also, I see no wind in that video.
P.S. Do not calibrate your compass before every flight. Leave it alone. It is not recommended.

Do you have any recommendations on video settings in my DJI Go App? I have been playing with settings and different lenses and they are not helping. I took the video directly from DJI Editor to iMovie. I did not download from the SD card. I have been flying a long time, but I am just beginning to try to get higher quality video from my Drones. Any pointers would be appreciated.

When broadcasting live stream I have 3rd party apps that take care of the quality for me when I choose to use them, but when recording in the DJI GO App it's all me, as you know.

There is definitely some wind. Not a lot, but some. There is always a good breeze down in between the mountains above 100 feet in altitude. When you drop down it goes away for the most part.

I do not calibrate before every flight. I noticed it was off on the prior flight.

Thanks for the comment.
2017-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

TheDennisWagner Posted at 2017-2-27 01:45
Hello.. and Thanks! I did notice after the flight. The wind was blowing a bit that day. I think that was the issue. I calibrated compass and gimbal before take off. It could still be a little off though.

To help straighten a crooked horizon, it's often beneficial to calibrate the IMU and then the gimbal.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-27
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-27 22:11
To help straighten a crooked horizon, it's often beneficial to calibrate the IMU and then the gimbal.

Okay.. I calibrated the compass and then the gimbal. I will try the IMU and then the gimbal before my next flight. I appreciate the pointers.

Thanks
2017-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

TheDennisWagner Posted at 2017-2-27 22:19
Okay.. I calibrated the compass and then the gimbal. I will try the IMU and then the gimbal before my next flight. I appreciate the pointers.

Thanks

Yes, calibrating the IMU before the gimbal calibration seems key. I hope that you aren't doing a compass calibration before every flight, as that's really not needed. Do a good calibration of the compass in an open area away from any electrical or ferrous metal and leave it. Or unless you travel several hundred mile from the last good calibration.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I see that others have provided some advice on fixing that horizon tilt. In addition, you would want into getting an ND filter to help with the sun.
2017-2-27
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

TheDennisWagner Posted at 2017-2-27 21:45
Do you have any recommendations on video settings in my DJI Go App? I have been playing with settings and different lenses and they are not helping. I took the video directly from DJI Editor to iMovie. I did not download from the SD card. I have been flying a long time, but I am just beginning to try to get higher quality video from my Drones. Any pointers would be appreciated.

When broadcasting live stream I have 3rd party apps that take care of the quality for me when I choose to use them, but when recording in the DJI GO App it's all me, as you know.

The video on your app is not what you want to use in editing. You need to pull the SD card out and pull the videos off of it. That is where the high resolution and 4k videos are. The saved video on your tablet or phone, is mostly for a preview and very low quality.
2017-2-28
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

Your videos should look like this.  
Very high resolution and clear. Unfortunately, your videos are looking like a video recorded with an old 90's cell phone.
Do you have a laptop or home computer that you can read the SD card with? If not, you can probably get a card reader for your tablet or phone.
2017-2-28
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

Also, avoid flying into the sun, it overloads the sensor and washes out the entire scene. Fly at a different time of day or with the sun behind you. If you must fly with the sun in front of you, tilt your camera down and adjust your camera speed. Try turning the ISO down and get a ND filter.....or just fly at a different time of day.
2017-2-28
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

HWCM Posted at 2017-2-28 00:50
Your videos should look like this.  Train and moose.
Very high resolution and clear. Unfortunately, your videos are looking like a video recorded with an old 90's cell phone.
Do you have a laptop or home computer that you can read the SD card with? If not, you can probably get a card reader for your tablet or phone.

Ha, I like the sound affects!

2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules