Mavic Support Case not being updated
1117 16 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirtbound
lvl.1
Flight distance : 898261 ft
United States

Last week I bit the bullet and sent my Mavic Pro body (with gimbal and one battery) into DJI (Carson California on UPS label).

Unfortunately it has now been in DJI's possession for 2 workdays with no status update on the case. Does anyone have any experience with how long this 'actually' takes?

For some background this was sent in due to the issue I've seen other people experiencing with the image being blurry on edges and up to half the image at different focal ranges. Picture was also muddy and just fairly sub-par in general. After initiating a support request online with links to YouTube samples I was told by DJI support to initiate a repair request.

Since this appears to be a manufacturing issue of some sort I am of course expecting that this will be repaired under warranty (NOT via my DJI Refresh) and have mentioned this in the repair ticket notes.

My question now is what can be done/who can I contact to get an update on the case since it's not making any progress on the repair status website?

This is NOT a 'Tap to Focus' issue... there are many points where the image is 'sharper' on the left than on the right. Then there are times where the image is in perfect focus except 'maybe' for the very edges. But with it being this unpredictable at varying ranges it is unacceptable.

For those interested scrub through these videos for examples:

Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice. Love this device over all as it is one hell of a reliable UAS but this video issue needs resolution and I want to make sure the repair team understand exactly what I am dealing with... just don't know how to communicate this to them.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since your Mavic was delivered to Carson only two days ago it takes some time to get received in and sent to the correct department. The logistics can take a few days. Repair time is usually 1-2 weeks but yours should be sooner then that.
2017-2-27
Use props
dirtbound
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-27 10:39
Since your Mavic was delivered to Carson only two days ago it takes some time to get received in and sent to the correct department. The logistics can take a few days. Repair time is usually 1-2 weeks but yours should be sooner then that.

Thanks Ken... I'll try and be patient. The repair status page mentions 1 working day so I just wanted to make sure that it was normal for it to take longer than that for the 'unpacking' phase.

Thanks again.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dirtbound Posted at 2017-2-27 10:52
Thanks Ken... I'll try and be patient. The repair status page mentions 1 working day so I just wanted to make sure that it was normal for it to take longer than that for the 'unpacking' phase.

Thanks again.

What is your case# and I can look it up.
2017-2-27
Use props
Flynt Danley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433757 ft
United States

Ken, I got a notice this morning that my Mavic has been shipped but there is no tracking info as there has been with many other orders? Do you have any idea where and when I'll get that info? Thanks in advance.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flynt Danley Posted at 2017-2-27 10:57
Ken, I got a notice this morning that my Mavic has been shipped but there is no tracking info as there has been with many other orders? Do you have any idea where and when I'll get that info? Thanks in advance.

What is your case# and I'll see if I can get a tracking# ?
2017-2-27
Use props
Dan Lee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433757 ft
United States

I don't have a case number just an order number. You want that?
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Dan Lee Posted at 2017-2-27 11:06
I don't have a case number just an order number. You want that?

I see now.
Is this a brand new order, if so you need to contact onlinesales@dji.com to inquire about it.
2017-2-27
Use props
Delsonrus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4096877 ft
United States

Ken,
Could you please check the status of my Mavic? I have the same problem as dirtbound (blurry image on the left and vibrations on video), no updates although drone was delivered last Thursday morning. Case CAS-460323-W5C4P5. Actually this is my second RMA: at first I had VPS sensors problem, return went smoothly, but then I got blurry image problem on the returned drone.
2017-2-27
Use props
dirtbound
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-27 10:57
What is your case# and I can look it up.

Ken,

Wish I'd seen this earlier. Been a busy day at the office for me. My case number is CAS-464832-H3L4N2.

Any information would be great. Ironically I just received my Mavic ND filters and Sun Shade while the UAS is in the shop.
2017-2-27
Use props
dirtbound
lvl.1
United States

Delsonrus Posted at 2017-2-27 15:39
Ken,
Could you please check the status of my Mavic? I have the same problem as dirtbound (blurry image on the left and vibrations on video), no updates although drone was delivered last Thursday morning. Case CAS-460323-W5C4P5. Actually this is my second RMA: at first I had VPS sensors problem, return went smoothly, but then I got blurry image problem on the returned drone.

For repair serviced Mavics DJI really needs to perform a focal range test and review the results prior to shipping out the devices. Yours isn't the first story I've heard of people getting 'repaired' drones with this blurry issue as either a 'new' problem after repair/replacement or still a problem when that was the original issue to begin with.

The short of it is I'll be doing the same thing you have had to deal with... as soon as I get my replacement I will perform a battery of tests related to the 'known problems' with Mavic and/or Camera and will immediately request service again for any issues that persist.

At this point I'm focused more on obtaining a UAS of the quality I expect than I am on having fun with the thing. In the meanwhile I'll just be recording trips with my handheld GoPro setup and practicing my post prod while waiting on the Mavic.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Delsonrus Posted at 2017-2-27 15:39
Ken,

Hi Delsonrus, I have sent an request to designated team and will make sure they update the case for you as soon as possible.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dirtbound Posted at 2017-2-27 15:46
Ken,

Wish I'd seen this earlier. Been a busy day at the office for me. My case number is CAS-464832-H3L4N2.

It's still moving through logistics as that can take a few days. So by tomorrow you may see a status update in the case file.I've sent a message inquiring about it.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dirtbound Posted at 2017-2-27 15:46
Ken,

Yours is the same as the above case, they were both received in Thursday and it takes a few days to to move from receiving through logistics and to evaluation.I've sent a message inquiring about it.
2017-2-28
Use props
dirtbound
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-28 07:09
Yours is the same as the above case, they were both received in Thursday and it takes a few days to to move from receiving through logistics and to evaluation.I've sent a message inquiring about it.

Thanks Ken... I'll check status daily.

Just hoping DJI performs thorough focus/image quality testing before sending the repaired device back to me.
2017-2-28
Use props
Delsonrus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4096877 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-27 19:10
Hi Delsonrus, I have sent an request to designated team and will make sure they update the case for you as soon as possible.

Thank you, Mindy!
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dirtbound Posted at 2017-2-28 15:32
Thanks Ken... I'll check status daily.

Just hoping DJI performs thorough focus/image quality testing before sending the repaired device back to me.

They will, but I've added the note to your account.
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules