First flight - Gimbal Motor Overloaded
771 10 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chibatastic
lvl.1
Canada

Hey Guys,

Finally had some adequate weather to test out my new Phantom 4 pro. Towards the end of the short session I noticed a “Gimbal Motor Overloaded” message. I did an ICU, gimbal and compass calibration before hand so I’m not sure what is causing this. Any help would be great!

IMG_5042.JPG
2017-2-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you were in high pseed and tilted all the way up you owuld get this error. You will also get it if the foam part still inside the Gimbal when you start the AC!
2017-2-27
Use props
Chibatastic
lvl.1
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-2-27 10:40
If you were in high pseed and tilted all the way up you owuld get this error. You will also get it if the foam part still inside the Gimbal when you start the AC!

I flew in beginner mode and the foam wasn't in machine when I started it. Spoke with someone in CS and I'm getting it replaced
2017-2-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chibatastic Posted at 2017-2-27 11:17
I flew in beginner mode and the foam wasn't in machine when I started it. Spoke with someone in CS and I'm getting it replaced

Good luck then!
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chibatastic Posted at 2017-2-27 11:17

Sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product.
Our tech support will guide you to send it in for further evaluation.
2017-2-27
Use props
Chibatastic
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks Mindy,
They said their going to exchange it with a new one because I'm within that timeframe. Hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chibatastic Posted at 2017-2-27 20:51
Thanks Mindy,
They said their going to exchange it with a new one because I'm within that timeframe. Hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.

Thank you for your update.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let us know.
2017-2-27
Use props
Chibatastic
lvl.1
Canada

So DJI received my defective drone March 8th. I called on the same day and spoke with someone who explained that I would be receiving a brand new replacement with in 5 business days. I thought “okay great!” So when I heard absolutely nothing a week later I called again. Spoke with a lady that told me they needed to send it to some department that assesses the drone and they decide what to do from there. She also told me that the original 5 day window that the other gentleman gave me was incorrect. She said that she would follow up with me later. I got an email from DJI saying that my items have been received and nothing else. Feeling the runaround I decided to file a claim with Paypal today. A couple of hours later I get an email from DJI saying “Your request for an exchange regarding case has been DECLINED” just like that in caps.. I was under the impression that this was a good company and I would be looked after if something went wrong. Well, It did and I don't feel looked after. Even bought their extra protection plan..  Not sure what’s going on here but this type of customer support is not giving me any confidence in their product. At this point I would just like my money back.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you provide your case number so i can look into this?
2017-3-16
Use props
Chibatastic
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-16 21:13
Could you provide your case number so i can look into this?

Hi Jamie, I sent you the case # in a private message.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Chibatastic Posted at 2017-3-17 07:16
Hi Jamie, I sent you the case # in a private message.

I responded to your PM.
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules