Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question about Mavic Gimbal Settings
1540 5 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

Forgive the double post, I also put this in another forum but in hindsight this is probably a better one...

I'm sure this is very basic, but I'm a little unsure about what gimbal settings I want.

1) Between the settings of "FPV or Follow"... is there an easy/brief explanation of what each is and when it's best to use either?

2) As for the setting "Lock gimbal when capture"... what does that do exactly, and when would I want it on or off?  I notice right now mine is set to "on" which I imagine is probably the default, since I was unsure about changing it.

Any info/clarification would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!
T2

2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow is what you would most always use when filming or taking photos as the gimbal stays horizontal when the aircraft pitches or rolls.
FPV keeps the gimbal locked level with the aircraft. So if the aircraft pitches and rolls the gimbal does the same and giving you that view as if you were inside the aircraft flying it.
I've sent a request for clarification on the 2nd one.
2017-2-27
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-27 14:15
Follow is what you would most always use when filming or taking photos as the gimbal stays horizontal when the aircraft pitches or rolls.
FPV keeps the gimbal locked level with the aircraft. So if the aircraft pitches and rolls the gimbal does the same and giving you that view as if you were inside the aircraft flying it.
I've sent a request for clarification on the 2nd one.

Ah, yes, obviously... thank you Ken, that makes total sense regarding FPV vs. Follow.

Anxious to hear what you find about the "lock gimbal when capture" setting.

Much thanks,
T2
2017-2-27
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too would like to know the meaning of the setting "lock gimbal when capture"
2017-2-28
Use props
hellolaco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77477 ft
Hungary

it locks gimbal movement during picture taking, so it won't get blurry. Try setting it on, and during taking pictures (or taking multiple bracketed pictures) roll the Mavic. it shouldn't allow it to move.
2017-2-28
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry for the question, but don't want to create a new thread.
What does mean function Ground Station in DJI Go4 which can be assigned to a one of the programmable buttons?
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules