Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Portable Launch Pad
3509 16 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

https://www.amazon.com/Helinox-Table-One/dp/B00NMTE8KY

I think this can make great launch pad for mavic pro.  
2017-2-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I ordered one of these that's on a slow boat from China, but I think it will do me well for when I'm out in the field. I've had one flight where I hand held for both catch and release because I had no flat ground to work with, doable, but tricky/risky on catch because it'll try to get away from you if you don't first disable the downward sensors.
2017-2-27
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-27 15:29
I ordered one of these that's on a slow boat from China, but I think it will do me well for when I'm out in the field. I've had one flight where I hand held for both catch and release because I had no flat ground to work with, doable, but tricky/risky on catch because it'll try to get away from you if you don't first disable the downward sensors.

I'm using that helipad right now!  it's pretty good for most part but grass and dirt do cover the helipad every now and then.  Just figured maybe having a portable table (1.4lbs) with 11 inch height can be good launching pad for Mavic since it's so small
2017-2-27
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

This is a pretty nice landing pad. Looks super light and easy to see.

I have been using the trampoline from my Hobie Adventure Island which is a tight mesh. Rolls up easy to pack in to the woods. Mainly wanted to make sure I can land it when I am out on the water but so far it has worked good in the snow.

Next is to make a support to strap to the front of the kayak. Then I can have a higher spot to land which is more solid.
2017-2-27
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Hoodman Drone Launch Pad (3 ft. Diameter) snow , sand, grass,  wind and its portable.
2017-2-27
Use props
Mark822
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334869 ft
United Kingdom

Citation Posted at 2017-2-27 19:56
Hoodman Drone Launch Pad (3 ft. Diameter) snow , sand, grass,  wind and its portable.

£99 - are you joking?
2017-2-28
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

I went to the local home center (Home Depot) and had them cut a piece of runner or walk off material 2' long. That gave me a 2x2' mat with vinyl backing and softer material on the face. I used masking tape and yellow paint to make hash marks on the edge and a large H in the center. The pattern as well as yellow contrast the black made a perfect landing pad for the desert or rocks. Invested $4 including the paint.

Helipad

Helipad
2017-2-28
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
United States

DesertDave Posted at 2017-2-28 08:12
I went to the local home center (Home Depot) and had them cut a piece of runner or walk off material 2' long. That gave me a 2x2' mat with vinyl backing and softer material on the face. I used masking tape and yellow paint to make hash marks on the edge and a large H in the center. The pattern as well as yellow contrast the black made a perfect landing pad for the desert or rocks. Invested $4 including the paint.

nice job.  But I'm looking for portable lunch pad with about 11inch above ground that's less than 2lbs to hiking in the woods
2017-2-28
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

Something like this?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Picni ... ue-548-RB/151592925
2017-3-1
Use props
bakabon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46473 ft
United States

I already have he Helinox table for camping, so I use it for launching no problem. Can put stuff in the bag and weight the table down. I'll take pic of it in action.
IMG_1603.JPG
2017-3-1
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

If I already had one I too would use it, but without any other use for it, $119 is a bit steep for this guy.
2017-3-1
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
United States

DesertDave Posted at 2017-3-1 17:36
Something like this?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Picnic-at-Ascot-Travel-Folding-Table-for-Picnics-and-Tailgating-Royal-Blue-548-RB/151592925

Holy cow, 7lbs my backpack is already pretty heavy
2017-3-2
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

You always get what you pay for.....
2017-3-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I got the same one from AliExpress. It took about 2 weeks to receive but I am very happy with it. the support ring in this is very strong and keeps the pad very taunt when opened....it weighs virtually nothing and the Mavic has made at least a dozen precision landings on it with zero issues. I did use the stakes once as it was a bit blustery out and didn't want the it to blow away. I haven't used the glow in the dark reflectors as of yet though....
2017-3-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The old slow boat from China, lol, I've been there many times. You can really get stuff cheap, if you don't mind waiting 3 to 8 weeks.
2017-3-6
Use props
garnets88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286611 ft
United States

LOL.. $120 is too much
2017-3-6
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

I use a 3 foot x 3 foot piece of carped I roll it up . and it was free!! The Mavic returns home dead center every time. its a light brown colour
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules