Does anyone have any positive customer service stories?
1838 13 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sp00nix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

With all the bad I have read I wanted to hear some good news. To be honest if I had signed up as read these forums before my purchase, I probably would have gone elsewhere. On that note I'm weary of continuing to be a future DJI patron.

I know people tend to not rave about good service as much as anyone who rants about poor service.

Let me hear your success stories!
2017-2-27
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Go to any forum and you will horror stories.  I wanted to buy a new 4x4 vehicle for where I live.
Looked at Ford Ranger Wildtrak, VW Amarok, Toyota Hilux & Tacoma.  In the end most forums are populated by people who only have no so nice things to say when they have a problem.

However DJI issued an app update which caused the home point to change to another location, they replaced drones for those who lost them.
2017-2-27
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-27 18:43
Go to any forum and you will horror stories.  I wanted to buy a new 4x4 vehicle for where I live.
Looked at Ford Ranger Wildtrak, VW Amarok, Toyota Hilux & Tacoma.  In the end most forums are populated by people who only have no so nice things to say when they have a problem.

I'm glad to hear they owned up to those issues.

My automotive forums pertain to old RWD Volvo's, so it's nothing but problems

PS. I have been looking at Tacoma's my self.
2017-2-27
Use props
digdat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

Last June i was flying a waypoint mission in Litchi, battery ran out and it fell out of the sky. I sent into DJI for repairs and they covered under a factory defect warranty coverage. I was expecting to pay to cover it myself, but they took care of it. Thing was busted to heck too. Other than communications / status updates, they did great. They even replaced the battery, but i had to show pop from best buy that i bought it in the last few months.

2017-2-27
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Haven't had any reason to contact customer support, because I actually read the  manual, I watched all the tutorials I could, and I have some experience flying quads.  When and if I ever need customer support, I will not come in here trashing DJI, when it is an issue I caused myself. I'll own up to it and go from there.

If you have been lurking on the forums long enough, you will see that a large number of people with complaints actually were to blame, but  they could not own up to it. From the outside looking in, it looks like DJI does not have good support, but from what I see they are getting better, and if your logs show the malfunction was not operator error, they fix the damage for free. The support definitely needs to get better, but when you see the people that come here to complain, you will start to understand. They start complaining and trashing DJI, and then when they post their logs, the real story comes out. I'm still amazed when I start reading some rant, and the guy freely admits he didn't even read the manual. Granted, there are people with real issues, but for the most part, operator error still reigns supreme.

Now that being said, like you, I read about all the horror stories, so I did purchase from Amazon in case there were any initial issues.  If you do your part you will be fine.

2017-2-27
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Sp00nix Posted at 2017-2-27 18:54
I'm glad to hear they owned up to those issues.

My automotive forums pertain to old RWD Volvo's, so it's nothing but problems

Tacoma, not enough grunt. My friend has the 3.5l petrol 350nm torque and I have a Ford 5 cylinder 3.2l Turbo Diesel with 470nm torque.  Seein as I drive in the mountains torque is what you need.

2017-2-27
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

digdat Posted at 2017-2-27 19:20
Last June i was flying a waypoint mission in Litchi, battery ran out and it fell out of the sky. I sent into DJI for repairs and they covered under a factory defect warranty coverage. I was expecting to pay to cover it myself, but they took care of it. Thing was busted to heck too. Other than communications / status updates, they did great. They even replaced the battery, but i had to show pop from best buy that i bought it in the last few months.
[view_image]

That is one busted up drone.  Wow
2017-2-27
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I crashed my P3Pro about six months ago. Totally my fault.  Just plain forgot that there was a big tree directly behind me. I thought I could repair it myself.  But  I contacted DJI tech support and asked them if they would evaluate it and tell me how much it would cost for them to repair it.  So I sent it in to DJI Service.  I even included a note saying that I crash it, the machine did not fail on me. I fail it!  Within a day or two, I got an email saying that it would cost $248.00 U.S. dollar to repair.  I authorized the repair and sent in the funds.  Eight days later I got my drone back from DJI.  To my surprise, it looked like brand new.  Not a mark on it.  Then I discovered that the serial number did not match what I sent it.  I suspect they sent me a re-manufactured drone.  I was not a bit unhappy about that. After seeing my original P3Pro hit the asphalt as hard and it did, I didn't think I could ever trust it again.  As far as I was concerned, this was a new P3Pro.  It surely looked and flew like it.  The whole process took two weeks total.  I've been flying that drone weekly ever since.  Very happy with the service, and very happy with my NEW P3Pro.  Thank you DJI!
2017-2-27
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Yep many people fail to read the DJI policy is that they can send you a new drone or a refurbished model.
2017-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

digdat Posted at 2017-2-27 19:20
[view_image]

Sorry to see your  busted drone. Hope you get it figured out,..

RedHotPoker
2017-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

All my conversations or minor concerns have been resolved by staff pleasantly, with helpful insight.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-27
Use props
digdat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-27 23:29
Sorry to see your  busted drone. Hope you get it figured out,..

ohh long fixed, they replaced under warranty
2017-2-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

digdat Posted at 2017-2-28 15:23
ohh long fixed, they replaced under warranty

That's a good story. Happy endings are sweet. ;-$

RedHotPoker
2017-2-28
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

People post bad experiences. Not so much the good ones. I had stress cracks on my P3P. DJI sent me a shipping label. I sent the aircraft in. In less than 2 weeks had a brand new one. It could not have been smoother.
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules