Strong Interference Detected Warning
12Next >
19048 58 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans128931a3
lvl.1
United States

I get a strong interference warning every couple seconds after I updated to latest version of DJI app and Firmware.  I am flying behind a school in a HUGE open field.  I am next to a neighborhood and can see house wifi's on my ipad when I connect to my Phanton but there are no wires, cell towers or metal structures that could cause interference.   Phantom fly's fine and I haven't lost connection yet but I am nervous about going too far out.  I have had the phantom out about 1600 ft, altitude of 320ft with no signal loss.  Is anyone else seeing this warning?  At this point it is only an annoyance but I am nervous about a potential flyaway.  
I asked DJI support about this and they wanted me to send the unit back for repair.   My gut tells me it is a software app issue so I am hesitant to send it back.  

2017-2-28
Use props
BaconNBeer
lvl.1
United States

Which Phantom are you flying and which ipad are you using. I have the Phantom 3 Pro and a ipad 2 they don't link correctly the ipad seems to want  to connect up with a Phantom 4. The camera button just wouldn't come up with the Phantom 3 Pro selected.
2017-2-28
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Don't send it back, this is all normal. And you already answered your own question. It's most likely the wifi signals your seeing that causing the message. Can't believe they would even suggest for you to send it back, what a waste of time and money. It makes you wonder if any of these support people even own a Phantom.
2017-2-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-28 21:03
Don't send it back, this is all normal. And you already answered your own question. It's most likely the wifi signals your seeing that causing the message. Can't believe they would even suggest for you to send it back, what a waste of time and money. It makes you wonder if any of these support people even own a Phantom.

No, they don't, and in all likelihood, they are not DJI people, have no technical expertise at all, and are located in some sweatshop somewhere. They read from a card a set of useless things to say that rarely fit the problem the customer is calling about.

But, I digress. I totally agree with you about the WiFi. The school alone will have more powerful WiFi access points than any home and will swamp the receivers in the aircraft and RC unit. Flying near a school is about the worst place to fly for interference.
Oh, and for the benefit of the OP, wires, cell towers or metal structures do not cause radio interference to a Phantom.
2017-2-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

BaconNBeer Posted at 2017-2-28 07:11
Which Phantom are you flying and which ipad are you using. I have the Phantom 3 Pro and a ipad 2 they don't link correctly the ipad seems to want  to connect up with a Phantom 4. The camera button just wouldn't come up with the Phantom 3 Pro selected.

Please start your own thread, you are hijcking another persons thread.
2017-2-28
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-28 21:38
No, they don't, and in all likelihood, they are not DJI people, have no technical expertise at all, and are located in some sweatshop somewhere. They read from a card a set of useless things to say that rarely fit the problem the customer is calling about.

But, I digress. I totally agree with you about the WiFi. The school alone will have more powerful WiFi access points than any home and will swamp the receivers in the aircraft and RC unit. Flying near a school is about the worst place to fly for interference.

Yup I take off in my village and my own WIFI from my guest house is on a 28dbi broadcast. Half my village can connect to it even from near half  a mile away lol.

Also have a local elementary school nearby.  As I had the P3S I installed Argtek Antennas. This helps give solid connections in areas with terrestrial interference.
2017-2-28
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

More of a software app issue.
I see that popup constantly yet my signal strength for both FPV and RC are at max and have full control of my bird.
At first I thought it was my modifications to my PS3 but after looking more into the software, found out there is a coding flaw within the app,
2017-3-1
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-1 06:52
More of a software app issue.
I see that popup constantly yet my signal strength for both FPV and RC are at max and have full control of my bird.
At first I thought it was my modifications to my PS3 but after looking more into the software, found out there is a coding flaw within the app,

"found out there is a coding flaw within the app" Details please?
2017-3-1
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-1 08:04
"found out there is a coding flaw within the app" Details please?

Well, I will not post "details" as DJI owns the software and I am not about to make them mad.
Now, I could say a few things but going to cross out some aspects such as tools used and such.  Sorry, but I like DJI and don't think it would be right to give certain information.

NOTE: Do not attempt. DJI is awesome and I like them.  DJI-Joe, don't ban me man, I wont rat.

The DGI Go app is easily de-compiled with a tool such as ********
or ******, both of which serve the purpose of converting Java class files to a
JAR readable by a tool such as ******, which can then convert it to source.
In addition, the APK file bundles a number of assets, including XML files and
images.
A grep for ‘Pwd’ in the app bundle reveals the existence of a config file
located at /dji/res/raw/upgrade_config.json, which lists the subsystems in
the network that can be upgraded over the air. We assume that this is a residue
of the software upgrade mechanism for the P3S. In particular, Figure 3 describes
the content of this file.
Of key interest are the ‘ftpPwd‘ and ‘ftpUsername‘ entries. Now, connect
to the VSFTP servers located on each subsystem, at ***.***.*.* and ***.***.*.*,
located on port ** on both systems, using the specified username ‘****‘ and
password ‘********‘ as specified in the config file.

FTPing in this fashion immediately grants the user root access to the entire
linux filesystem on both devices, including folders such as /etc and /usr.

Now, If you want to start developing using the DJI SDK, you could start here.

https://developer.dji.com/mobile ... /SimulatorDemo.html

https://github.com/DJI-Mobile-SDK-Tutorials

2017-3-1
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-1 08:39
Well, I will not post "details" as DJI owns the software and I am not about to make them mad.
Now, I could say a few things but going to cross out some aspects such as tools used and such.  Sorry, but I like DJI and don't think it would be right to give certain information.

A redacted post, feel like I'm in the CIA now. Now I need the secret encryption key.
2017-3-1
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-1 09:02
A redacted post, feel like I'm in the CIA now. Now I need the secret encryption key.

Sorry, I'm a whitehat so I like to keep secrets, secret.
V2VsbCwgSSBjYW4gc2F5IGEgZmV3IHRoaW5ncy4gYnV0IHdvdWxkIG5lZWQgdG8gYmUgb3V0c2lkZSB0aGUgcmVhbG0gb2YgREpJIGZvcnVtIHdlYiBzaXRlLg==
ZW1haWwgbWUgbWljcm9jeWJAZ21haWwuY29t
2017-3-1
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-1 09:04
V2VsbCwgSSBjYW4gc2F5IGEgZmV3IHRoaW5ncy4gYnV0IHdvdWxkIG5lZWQgdG8gYmUgb3V0c2lkZSB0aGUgcmVhbG0gb2YgREpJIGZvcnVtIHdlYiBzaXRlLg==

Not sure what it's called, old school for messages.
Decryption Key
A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z
(letter above equals below, and vice versa)
But kidding aside, I just wanted it in layman's terms. What's the bug?
2017-3-1
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-3-1
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
United States

Oh Come On!!!! Really guys? Really?
ban.jpg
Guess I got in trouble again for talking
2017-3-1
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

AlecW Posted at 2017-3-1 08:46
I worked for years in the call center/fulfillment industry.  You are 100% correct.  Our call centers were US based but in rural areas and we paid minimum wage.  Everything was driven by scripted software, sure the staff were trained but mostly on how to use our software.  Most employees were trained on 3-5 types of call which could be support, pre-sales, sales conversions or whatnot.  They know very little about the actual products.

2017-3-1
Use props
FrankAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199278 ft
Canada

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-1 08:39

I would suggest stopping the jiberish! Tell us IF you know something and keep your outside jokes for elsewhere if you don't!
2017-3-2
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
United States

FrankAN Posted at 2017-3-2 11:10
I would suggest stopping the jiberish! Tell us IF you know something and keep your outside jokes for elsewhere if you don't!

That suggestion/demand made no logical sense at all.  Scroll up more to obtain the full context of the side conversation

Short answer, OP can ignore the warning messages as long as his signals are strong as I already stated
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 77&page=1#pid715186

2017-3-2
Use props
FrankAN
lvl.2
Canada

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-2 11:12
That suggestion/demand made no logical sense at all.  Scroll up more to obtain the full context of the side conversation

Short answer, OP can ignore the warning messages as long as his signals are strong as I already stated

My apologies. I thought I sensed sarcasm and not taking things seriously. I think many of us already knew that  there was a software issue. I for one was not concerned regarding the safety of the warnings.  Just totally frustrated and tired of them. I would have/would like a better resolution from DJI,
2017-3-2
Use props
FrankAN
lvl.2
Canada

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-2 11:12

My apologies if  I misunderstood your intent. Many of us already know there is a software issue with these warnings. I, for one am not concerned with the message warnings, just very frustrated and tired of them. I would like a little more from DJI if they are aware of the concerns.
2017-3-2
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
United States

FrankAN Posted at 2017-3-2 11:48
My apologies if  I misunderstood your intent. Many of us already know there is a software issue with these warnings. I, for one am not concerned with the message warnings, just very frustrated and tired of them. I would like a little more from DJI if they are aware of the concerns.

As a Canadian, you must start off with Sorry.
There is my humor for the day.

The warning message is annoying indeed, but nothing to be worried about.  
When flying, keep your eyes on the two signal bars at the top right.
The 2.4 GHz is used for the FPV (First Person View) and telemetry data to your screen.
The 5.8 Ghz is used for the RC (Controller to the bird) and is key to controlling your bird.

Even if the FPV goes out, you can still fly and even will still record video if you have it turned on.
If you ever get worried, you can toggle the top left switch up and down a few times to kick in the RTH (Return To Home) in the event the UI (User Interface) goes out or the DJI Go App crashes.

Also, make sure to enable the RTH fail safe as well. This feature kicks in the RTH in the event of RC failure to controller or loss of signal (I use it all the time).

As for the DJI Go App?  Well they are always making changes so just be patient.
2017-3-2
Use props
Brayan2134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138205 ft
United States

What I know is that ios does this a lot. I'm not sure why. The warnings are false most of the time. It's a djio go app issue rather than an actual issue. If you do start to notice lag and whatnot, but you are getting a lot of the warnings, chances are you ARE flying in a wifi heavy zone.
2017-3-3
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Brayan2134 Posted at 2017-3-3 17:59
What I know is that ios does this a lot. I'm not sure why. The warnings are false most of the time. It's a djio go app issue rather than an actual issue. If you do start to notice lag and whatnot, but you are getting a lot of the warnings, chances are you ARE flying in a wifi heavy zone.

I also run IOS and i get the same "Strong interference" warnings quite a lot and i fly out in the country. Doesn't ever seem to effect performance but they are annoying after awhile. I will say i see them more when i'm flying over a house, possibly their home wifi.
2017-3-4
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174239 ft
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-1 09:04
ZW1haWwgbWUgbWljcm9jeWJAZ21haWwuY29t

0010001101110011011 and I'm not saying any more
2017-3-8
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
United States

Tom24nh Posted at 2017-3-8 14:42
0010001101110011011 and I'm not saying any more

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101100 01100001 01101101 01100101
2017-3-9
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-9 09:38
01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101100 01100001 01101101 01100101

Your bluffing! You can get arrested for that
2017-3-9
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-3-9 10:40
Your bluffing! You can get arrested for that

"Hack the Planet!" - Hackers 1995
2017-3-9
Use props
Morcham0812
New
Flight distance : 88750 ft
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-9 10:59
"Hack the Planet!" - Hackers 1995

Yeah it's very annoying,DJI needs to fix it
2017-5-22
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
United States

I've noticed a significant decrease in the amount of warnings I get since the last app update but they are definitely still there.
2017-5-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

I also have these warnings. It doesn't has an impact of the flight.
I flew in an park.
2017-5-24
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

It because your controller detects other wifi signals
2017-5-24
Use props
cptmajestic
New
United States

Seems to be an issue with IOS, numerous posts about this problem since the update. I have also have this same problem in area where I never received warnings before the update, now I get them like crazy. I'm trying not to ignore them, but at some point I have to be a little more lenient.
2017-5-24
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

WIMO Posted at 2017-5-24 03:48
It because your controller detects other wifi signals

Exactly so is it. The WIFI antennas are receiving other WIFI sources around. Schools have strong WIFI routers inside for the mass of data circulating in and outside of these buildings. So the connection between the tab and the copter via radio control has been interfered.
2017-5-24
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

Most WIFI now have gone wireless or at least where I live and the only thing I have is a very small antenna on my roof.I live in a area surrounded by houses and most if not all of them have the small antenna but not the same service as I have.The antenna is mounted on what looks like a 1" diameter pole and the antenna itself is probably 3" diameter and 6-8" tall so it isn't that easily seen from very far away.I would rather think you have metal or high iron content in the ground causing interference rather than WIFI.I have checked mine out several times and have not had any problems but I have stayed in my back yard.
2017-5-24
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

cptmajestic Posted at 2017-5-24 06:00
Seems to be an issue with IOS, numerous posts about this problem since the update. I have also have this same problem in area where I never received warnings before the update, now I get them like crazy. I'm trying not to ignore them, but at some point I have to be a little more lenient.

Maybe when you have an android device you can use that
2017-5-27
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

Anout being nervous, when your phantom is stable in the air and you always calibrate the compass, the drone should failsafe return to home(when you set that)
2017-5-27
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
United States

WIMO Posted at 2017-5-27 07:51
Anout being nervous, when your phantom is stable in the air and you always calibrate the compass, the drone should failsafe return to home(when you set that)

As far as the compass calibration you only need to do it once and you're good to go unless the app tells you to. If you calibrate it every time you fly you run the risk of a bad calibration and that can cause a number of issues. Just a reminder ;)
2017-5-27
Use props
fans50d2731e
New

Netherlands

I had same isues.

Solution is recconect controller with aircraft

Press Recorder button and two buttons on the bottom same time till bleu light flashing on controller

Than push button between sd card slot on aircraft for 2 seconds
2017-6-8
Use props
BillL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2303 ft
United States

Mine said the same thing on my maiden flight and then the software said atti, atti, and the drone took a hard flip and crashed. only 3 minutes in the air and now its back in DJI hands.
2017-6-8
Use props
roland fly-boy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733402 ft
United States

I just did updates on my P4P+ and I have the exact same thing happening - regardless of where I fly
2017-6-27
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Michgolden Posted at 2017-5-27 08:00
As far as the compass calibration you only need to do it once and you're good to go unless the app tells you to. If you calibrate it every time you fly you run the risk of a bad calibration and that can cause a number of issues. Just a reminder ;)

The first part is very true ... but then it goes a bit off ...

Once you have a good calibration - leave it alone unless you move a large distance from that location ... literally hundreds of KM / miles ...
I've explained why many times - but its all to do with VARIATION - that is the earths offset of magnetic pole and your location on the earth.
Local anomalies can kick the App into thinking you have a problem and need to re-calibrate ... DON'T !

Before you do that - power all off ... move a few feet and power on again ... you will likely find all is OK ... the previous spot may have had pipes / cables / old bedstead under the ground etc.
Concrete slabs, driveways, roads are all notorious for magnetic anomalies.

If you were to re-calibrate - imagine what happens when you get high up and then no effect from that anomaly ? BEEP BEEP ... compass warning !!

Only re-calibrate compass if really necessary such as after FW update / repairs or moved long distance from original location.

My flying sites are spread in a 200km radius and I never re-calibrate compass from the good setting I have from home area.

Nigel
2017-6-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules