Mavic Switched Intelligent Flight Mode by Itself
1083 7 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I experienced what appears to be a strange bug earlier today. While flying in ActiveTrack, the Mavic suddenly switched into Course Lock by itself. Luckily nothing bad or scary happened, but I was a bit confused for a while when it happened. Here's a video detailing the event, and HealthyDrone logs in case anybody wants to see the flight data.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=PhktMg
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nice catch, but why were you using Active Tracking for static subjects? Just curious -- it is a time-honored way to uncover bugs to use a tech in a way unintended by its designers.
2017-2-28
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-28 12:00
Nice catch, but why were you using Active Tracking for static subjects? Just curious -- it is a time-honored way to uncover bugs to use a tech in a way unintended by its designers.

"Nice catch, but why were you using Active Tracking for static subjects?"

Because I can? hahaha. Sorry, not trying to be a smart-ass. I just like experimenting with the features and capabilities of the Mavic (or any piece of tech, for that matter). I'm the type of person who likes to dig into every feature and figure out what I can and can't do with it. Sometimes we discover cool or different ways to do things that the manufacturers may not have thought of.

In this case, I was experimenting with setting the tracking subject from quite far away (not show in this clip) and then seeing how well it would continue to recognize the subject correctly as I flew it in close. I was also curious about using it as a way to do a smooth pull-in or pull-out shot while keeping the subject framed. ie. The Mavic takes care of the yawing and gimbal movements, while I worry about horizontal and vertical movements. I know some people would say I should just "learn to fly properly," but I don't mind accepting a digital helping hand when it's available :-)
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jason, could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and what's your DJI GO app version?
2017-3-9
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-28 12:00

For instance to do this:

Text is in Spanish but basically he uses the Spotlight option of Active Track to pan around a static object. Which is way cool to me tbh
2017-3-9
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-9 01:15
Hi Jason, could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and what's your DJI GO app version?

Hi Mindy. Thanks for your reply.

I was using GO 4 on my Galaxy S7, with whatever was the most up-to-date version of the app at the time on Feb 28.
2017-3-9
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

CuaC Posted at 2017-3-9 01:47
For instance to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wooANIbllRE

Yup, that's one of the types of shots I wanted to try Spotlight mode for :-)
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-3-9 07:47
Hi Mindy. Thanks for your reply.

I was using GO 4 on my Galaxy S7, with whatever was the most up-to-date version of the app at the time on Feb 28.

We have released v4.0.4 for Android.
Could you please test with the latest DJI GO again?
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules