GO App crashing on Nvidia Shield K1 with v7 (Nougat)
123Next >
9496 80 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098635 ft
United Kingdom

Every flight now, the GO app crashes at least once. This has happened since updating the tablet to android version 7 (Nougat). I'd like to roll the tablet back to the previous stable version, does anyone have instructions/tips please? Many thanks.

2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please export the crash log for us? you could check it here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH, then upload it to dropbox and post the link here, I'll transfer it to our engineers for analysis.
Also please upload a screenshot for the mobile system of your Nvidia Shield K1, thanks.
2017-2-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Simon,

Please help Natalia solve your problem.  Others and myself have notices similar problems and it would really be helpful if Natalia can assist you and the rest of us.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-1
Use props
fansfd626cb8
lvl.1

United States

hi i have a phantom 4 pro and am using a Nvidia Shield tablet. The DJI GO 4 app crashes constantly ever since android updated to 7.0 on my tablet. is there a fix or new app coming out to fix this issue?
2017-3-1
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

I fly with Litchi on my Nvidia Shield K1 running Nougat. I must say it works beautifully. With Litchi I have no need to fly with GO.
2017-3-1
Use props
SimonW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All, i wasn't able to capture any logs unfortunately as I managed to successfully roll back the Nvidia Shield K1 back to lollipop (android version 5.1.1) before seeing the replies above. All I can tell you is that the app was crashing about 5-10 minutes into each flight, sometimes more than once. Since reverting back, the app appears stable on the minimum flight time I've had. I wouldn't update to Nougat (android version 7) until further notice.
2017-3-2
Use props
scotchmizzed..
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167648 ft
United Kingdom

SimonW Posted at 2017-3-2 07:09
Hi All, i wasn't able to capture any logs unfortunately as I managed to successfully roll back the Nvidia Shield K1 back to lollipop (android version 5.1.1) before seeing the replies above. All I can tell you is that the app was crashing about 5-10 minutes into each flight, sometimes more than once. Since reverting back, the app appears stable on the minimum flight time I've had. I wouldn't update to Nougat (android version 7) until further notice.

Hi simon,im also having problems,is there a definitive guide to roll back you can point me too?

Thanks
2017-3-2
Use props
SimonW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

scotchmizzed.. Posted at 2017-3-2 07:37
Hi simon,im also having problems,is there a definitive guide to roll back you can point me too?

Thanks

Hi there, the link is below. It isn't straight forward and involved some head scratching. What I ended up doing was downloading the stock image from the developer site and actually following a text file in there that details the instructions and steps to follow. The YouTube videos on this link are helpful for getting the drivers installed to access the Shield. I didn't end up needing the CYGWIN program and access the Shield via a CMD window on Windows 10 instead. Took about 2hrs with lots of failed attempts but eventually made it.

Link
https://forums.geforce.com/defau ... d-6-to-5-/?offset=4

Also, found this link - looks good

Post #12 here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-85675-1-1.html

2017-3-3
Use props
scotchmizzed..
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167648 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks simon much appreciated.
2017-3-3
Use props
fansdbf23cf7
lvl.1

Malaysia

I'm using Nvidia Shield k1 latest update 08 March 2017.

Apps force when press
1 login
2 settings
3 arrow in main page for entering to flight history
4 dji forum
5 dji store

When pressing as above it just appear "Login with DJI Account".

Then apps restart. Never success to login
2017-3-7
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

I had reported this on my S7 edge and s6 edge with MM and N it's been happening to me since a few app updated ago. It will randomly drop transmission and either crash, or force a reboot on my device. Makes flying impossible
2017-3-8
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft
United States

Are the issues with Shield K1 only occurring with DJI GO v4?

I have the P3P and use the prior GO app version with my Shield K1.  I haven't flown in awhile because of the winter but would like to have my concerns addressed before I do fly next.
2017-3-12
Use props
Noyag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-28 20:03
Would you please export the crash log for us? you could check it here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH, then upload it to dropbox and post the link here, I'll transfer it to our engineers for analysis.
Also please upload a screenshot for the mobile system of your Nvidia Shield K1, thanks.

Hi Natalia,
DJI Go 4 crashes 1-2 times every flight.

I found two crash log files:
1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/we6itg ... 5-14-13-53.txt?dl=0
2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bjnlf ... 0-20-30-37.txt?dl=0

and the link to the versions of NVIDIA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj8dqq ... 313_143820.png?dl=0
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Noyag Posted at 2017-3-13 05:41
Hi Natalia,
DJI Go 4 crashes 1-2 times every flight.

Sorry we failed to access to the links you provided here, would you please double check it and try again?
2017-3-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-13 19:48
Sorry we failed to access to the links you provided here, would you please double check it and try again?

Aloha Natalia,

nVidia just recently came out with a new nVidia Shield K1 update for their Nougat users (Android 7).  It is nVidia firmware version 5.1.  Greatly reduced my interference issues and resisted the restart but my issues were not as bad as some are reporting.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-13
Use props
Noyag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-13 19:48

Strange.
The first file says this:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from field 'long dji.pilot.fpv.model.f.o' on a null object reference
        at dji.pilot.fpv.model.i.a(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.fpv.model.i.a(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.flightrecord.DJIRecordService.f(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.flightrecord.DJIRecordService.b(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.flightrecord.DJIRecordService$a.run(Unknown Source)

The second file this:

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: android.content.res.AssetManager$AssetInputStream.finalize() timed out after 10 seconds
        at android.content.res.AssetManager$AssetInputStream.close(AssetManager.java:565)
        at android.content.res.AssetManager$AssetInputStream.finalize(AssetManager.java:598)
        at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.doFinalize(Daemons.java:202)
        at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.run(Daemons.java:185)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

This is the image/screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ejqgz4

2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-13 22:15
Aloha Natalia,

nVidia just recently came out with a new nVidia Shield K1 update for their Nougat users (Android 7).  It is nVidia firmware version 5.1.  Greatly reduced my interference issues and resisted the restart but my issues were not as bad as some are reporting.

Appreciate for your information.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Noyag Posted at 2017-3-14 00:46
Strange.
The first file says this:

Thank you, I'm downloading it now, will report it to our engineers soon.
2017-3-14
Use props
StefanoGinobili
lvl.2
Flight distance : 422818 ft
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-28 20:03

Hi Natalia, I've dumped the system log (via logcat) from my Nvidia Shield K1 (Update 5.1 / Android 7.0) just after the DJI GO App 4 crash. The crash happened at about 17:56:21 in the log. You can download it from...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uc2nuc ... -crash-log.txt?dl=0

Hope it helps ;)
2017-3-14
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

RSW Posted at 2017-3-1 15:01
I fly with Litchi on my Nvidia Shield K1 running Nougat. I must say it works beautifully. With Litchi I have no need to fly with GO.

Mine Litchi is freezeing on Nougat nVidia Shield K1
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

StefanoGinobili Posted at 2017-3-14 11:18
Hi Natalia, I've dumped the system log (via logcat) from my Nvidia Shield K1 (Update 5.1 / Android 7.0) just after the DJI GO App 4 crash. The crash happened at about 17:56:21 in the log. You can download it from...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uc2nuc0q2leb2ip/djigo4-crash-log.txt?dl=0

A new version has been released for android system, have you upgraded it and test the performance again?
2017-3-15
Use props
StefanoGinobili
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-15 01:48
A new version has been released for android system, have you upgraded it and test the performance again?

The linked log was from DJI GO 4 version 4.0.4. Time permitting, I will try version 4.0.5 in the weekend updating you about the results.
2017-3-15
Use props
petyrzhan
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Please try to uninstall the DJI Go app and remove the DJI Folder in phone internal storage. It may be help
2017-3-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Natalia,

You have almost answered my question!  I did notice that the Android DJI GO 4, v. 4.0.5, just came out, but I use my nVidia Shield K1 with both my P4 and P4 Pro.  Will the Android DJI GO 4, v. 4.0.5, work with my P4 Pro?  The P4 Pro still lists the DJI GO 4, v. 4.0.4.   Mahalo in advance for any assistance.

BTW, I just started a thread on this subject and will transfer any of your comments to the thread.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-15 22:35
Aloha Natalia,

You have almost answered my question!  I did notice that the Android DJI GO 4, v. 4.0.5, just came out, but I use my nVidia Shield K1 with both my P4 and P4 Pro.  Will the Android DJI GO 4, v. 4.0.5, work with my P4 Pro?  The P4 Pro still lists the DJI GO 4, v. 4.0.4.   Mahalo in advance for any assistance.

Yes, it can work for P4 Pro, please feel free to update it and check the performance.
Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
2017-3-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 01:12
Yes, it can work for P4 Pro, please feel free to update it and check the performance.

Aloha Natalia,

Mahalo!  Tomorrow, I will test the two Phantoms.  After weeks of VOG, we are finally getting some good weather for flying!  Mahalo again for the help!  I will let you know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-16
Use props
StefanoGinobili
lvl.2
Italy

Just had time to test DJI GO 4 4.0.5 on Nvidia Shield K1 update 5.1 (Android Nougat) and the result is... crash! As last time, here is the link to the system log (logcat) collected just after the crash:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv6u1m ... -crash-log.txt?dl=0

2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

StefanoGinobili Posted at 2017-3-16 03:55
Just had time to test DJI GO 4 4.0.5 on Nvidia Shield K1 update 5.1 (Android Nougat) and the result is... crash!  As last time, here is the link to the system log (logcat) collected just after the crash:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv6u1mqjx7x69t1/djigo4_405-crash-log.txt?dl=0

Got it, I've reported the crash log to our engineers for evaluation.
2017-3-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 01:12

Aloha Natalia,

It was a beautiful day to fly and the new DJI GO 4 app, v. 4.0.5, worked with my fully up-to-date nVidia Shield K1 on both my P4 and P4 Pro.  However, in each case, and at the same place, the app crashed.  Also in both cases, the app restarted on command and was operational in less than 30 seconds, much faster than a cold start.  In both cases, performance was noticeably improved, and I dared hope that the app would not crash.  Also, in each case, the app only crashed once.

I normally fly with parabolics on my antennas and did a test yesterday of the same mission without parabolics.  The test was to find a baseline performance for the P4 for a different purpose.  The test was only with the P4.  The test was also with the last DJI GO 4, v. 4.0.4 app.  I ran the same test with the new DJI GO 4 app, v. 4.0.5, and without the parabolics today for comparison.  The performance was significantly improved but could obviously not match the performance with parabolics.  The app also crashed and was easily restarted.

I must say, the new DJI GO 4 app, v. 4.0.5, seemed to operate better with the P4 Pro than the P4, but that is probably due to 5.8 GHz frequency I was using.  When it crashed, it was operating perfectly and I was even expecting it to complete the mission, a POI PAN, uneventfully.  According to the video, it appears to have completed the mission without me and when I restarted, I was able to bring her home without any problem, almost as if it was planned.

My final opinion is real good progress is being made by Android, nVidia and DJI, but the problem is still out there and not solved.  As someone else noted, the problem is a nuisance more than a danger, but it could be dangerous at the wrong time and does not promote confidence in the equipment.  If more work can be done on the problem, I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.

If a more detailed account of the flights or a specific type of flight is needed, I am willing to help.  The least I could do is answer questions.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-17
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue with the Go 4 App on my all 12 of my  Nvidia Shield K1 that's  my users are using on the P4, P4 Pro, Inspire and Mavic,  Birds are all up to DJI firmware date including the Radio controllers but the DJI GO 4 4.0.5 on Nvidia Shield K1 update 5.1 (Android Nougat) and the result is... crash!  Sometimes 8 minutes into the flight, sometimes less.

You can tell before a crash, video down link lag starts and then sometimes video dropouts and then the app crash or disrepair completely and you have to restart it.

Since i am looking my CPU monitor, CPU cycles go from 58% to 85+ % with this app. So DJI your Go app 4 is consuming lots of CPU power vs. your earlier Go apps back in mid 2016.

I can send you a CPU graph taken off the Nvidia Shield K1 that shows the CPU increase.

I also created another posting on the Mavic Pilots fourm and will copy this and past it in the forum next.

Hope DJI can improve the stability of the Go app 4 for Nvidia Shield K1...

Best regards,
Steve
2017-3-18
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello all, i ran some tests today and here is what i found.

I am trying to use a old Samsung GalixGalaxyS4 as my Android device, i am also using a new Nvidia Shield K1 but have not measured CPU use on this device as of yet and i will next and report.

I believe after rolling back to some of the earlier Go apps dated in 2016, these apps consume 20% LESS CPU bandwidth then the newer Go Apps including the GO App 4.

Setup: using all the APP default settings, the older go app consumes on on average 65% of the CPU under flight operation. The Video is just Fine and all it going well, in some cases, i see spikes of 82 but these are spikes and all video and connection to the Bird is maintained.

Then on the same Android device under test here, go to the new GO app 4 and i see 80% of the CPU most of the time and then up to 93% and it starts to show Video pixel break up and black screen and some loss of the entire video feed and one disconnected.

I am using a tool from the Play store called COOL Tool 5.6.2 Pro and it works well.

I just installed this tool on my Nvidia Shield K1 and will run the same tests in the same way and let you all know.

I really feel that these NEW applications are relaying on more and more CPU cycles and then we all have to keep purchasing new display devices, Android as well as IOS.

As i mentioned, i have been a Inspire and P3 user since 2014 with my dedicated IPAD mini 2 since the start and i have seen good performance and not so good Video performance with the IOS version of the GO all but DJI has made some improvement back then but i never measured or profiled the CPU unease, but i always thought it's been going up being i have a good knowledge of computer systems.

So with that, see what you think and i plan to report this to DJI to see if they can optimize the app for slower Devices now that i can see a 20% increase profile on the new GO app we are forced to use.

Also, i put my Sam Gx s4 in Airplane more during all tests and when i fly.

Hope this i helpful information.
    Best regards,
    Steve

2017-3-18
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello Natalia, see if your engineers can reduce the CPU demand on the Go app as well as the Nvidia Shield K1 app crash.

I think your stepping on memory boundaries based on this Nvidia Shield K1 update 5.1 (Android Nougat)  i think.

I am a Ham radio operator and know about RF, and i think 90% of the video loss and poor video quality is due to the CPU and Memory demand on both the IOS and Android devices.

Since 2012, i have been purchasing DJI products and seen good video and then some poor video performance in between new FW and Go app upgrades.

Since there are several users using older IOS and Android devices, DJI should consider a Go app Lite a watered down version for those that just want to FPV and see the video as they FLY!

CPU%

CPU%
2017-3-18
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

On the Left is the older Go app, on the fight is the Go 4 app. The CPU usage here show a good working CPU window, but at times, the New GO app 4 increases to 85% or more and then the video lag is present.

I'd suggest the DJI engineers look at both CPU and Memory usage for a clean and stable video experience.  

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Steve
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI GO Android
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

I am so sorry for affecting your flight, but I can not get the root cause from your log files, so we are buying the K1 for to reproduce your crash issues.
About the performance issues, we will optimize again, but I think the feature will be more and more, and more and more powerful like the peak focus, so the periodic elimination of old equipment is inevitable.
2017-3-22
Use props
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI GO Android Posted at 2017-3-22 00:19
I am so sorry for affecting your flight, but I can not get the root cause from your log files, so we are buying the K1 for to reproduce your crash issues.
About the performance issues, we will optimize again, but I think the feature will be more and more, and more and more powerful like the peak focus, so the periodic elimination of old equipment is inevitable.

Please don't consider the K1 as being old equipment. It is a very powerful tablet and many customers have bought it specific for the phantom because of its excellent price/performance ration.
2017-3-22
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Rene vd Meer Posted at 2017-3-22 04:43
Please don't consider the K1 as being old equipment. It is a very powerful tablet and many customers have bought it specific for the phantom because of its excellent price/performance ration.

The K1 is an excellent choice for phantom use. I tried many devices as trials before buying my K1 purposely for my phantom. I had a used one for almost a year, and decided to give it to my son to use, so I purchased a brand new one. It came with V6.0 Marshmallow on it and worked great until shortly after I had it I hadn't disabled the auto-update feature and it installed V7.0 Nougat. Had the same issues, crashing, etc. as everyone else. Roll it Back to Marshmallow! It is not hard. Many Youtube videos on it. Follow the instructions to the tee, and make sure you get the correct image file from Nvidia. I have had zero problems now for the last 6-months, and would recommend the K1, and have, to everyone I can. I am just not a I-pad guy myself, and you can buy a brand new K1 for $199 instead of $500 for an "Apple" product. The K1 has a fast processor which is why it works very well. It is not the device but the OS  causing the problem. Yes, DJI needs to look into it, but V6.0 does everything you need it to.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI GO Android
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Rene vd Meer Posted at 2017-3-22 04:43

Alright, got it.
2017-3-24
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft
United States

fans235f292f Posted at 2017-3-18 04:56
I have the same issue with the Go 4 App on my all 12 of my  Nvidia Shield K1 that's  my users are using on the P4, P4 Pro, Inspire and Mavic,  Birds are all up to DJI firmware date including the Radio controllers but the DJI GO 4 4.0.5 on Nvidia Shield K1 update 5.1 (Android Nougat) and the result is... crash!  Sometimes 8 minutes into the flight, sometimes less.

You can tell before a crash, video down link lag starts and then sometimes video dropouts and then the app crash or disrepair completely and you have to restart it.

Are you aware of any issues with the Shield K1 crashing while using the DJI Go app?  Not the DJI Go v4 app but the prior release version that is used with Phantom 3 series.
2017-3-24
Use props
KCadby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

SimonW Posted at 2017-3-2 07:09

GLAD to here that because I've been having the same problem (my K1 worked Fine with DJI GO BEFORE the Nvidia/Android update) and Nvidia Customer Care mailed me that "it's a problem with the App", not the K1!?!?!?

Copy/Paste from the Nvidia Reply...
"Our software team investigated the DJI GO app and from the logs the native library needs to be PIE compatible.  Unfortunately this is something that the software developer will need to address through a software update:

DJI Natalia???
2017-3-25
Use props
KCadby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

DJI GO Android Posted at 2017-3-22 00:19

I am also having the same issue with my K1 (since doing the Nvidia/Android Update)...
JFYI GO 3.1.3 also crashes when playing back Flight Records (not connected to Drone) and it Crashes on me in pretty much the same amount of time as when Flying...

Here's what Nvidia Customer Care replied back to me after I mailed them...
"Our software team investigated the DJI GO app and from the logs the native library needs to be PIE compatible.  Unfortunately this is something that the software developer will need to address through a software update:"

Here's the rest of what they sent me which I think might be a copy of the Nvidia Log I sent them???
I don't think the reply was Formatted right so sorry if this looks like a mess to you...

libc    : "/data/data/dji.pilot/lib/libtpnsWatchdog.so": error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
03-16 01:00:42.149  2398  2398 F libc    : Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 2398 (libtpnsWatchdog)
03-16 01:00:42.210  2401  2401 F DEBUG   : *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
03-16 01:00:42.210  2401  2401 F DEBUG   : Build fingerprint: 'nvidia/sb_na_wf/shieldtablet:7.0/NRD90M/1928188_850.6612:user/release-keys'
03-16 01:00:42.210  2401  2401 F DEBUG   : Revision: '0'
03-16 01:00:42.210  2401  2401 F DEBUG   : ABI: 'arm'
03-16 01:00:42.211  2401  2401 F DEBUG   : pid: 2398, tid: 2398, name: libtpnsWatchdog  >>> /data/data/dji.pilot/lib/libtpnsWatchdog.so <<<
03-16 01:00:42.211  2401  2401 F DEBUG   : signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------

I would be HAPPY to Forward this Email to you if it will help fix this issue for all of us
2017-3-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules