Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GO App crashing on Nvidia Shield K1 with v7 (Nougat)
123Next >
9458 80 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha DJI GO Android,

Do you think it would be helpful if I flew my P4 Pro for a full flight in Atti mode?  If I am avoiding PIE maybe it will show that we do have a problem with the positioning system of the DJI products and the nVidia Shield K1 OS.  Please let me know.

Normally, I will experience at least one crash in that flight.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-26
Use props
KCadby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-3-22 06:04
The K1 is an excellent choice for phantom use. I tried many devices as trials before buying my K1 purposely for my phantom. I had a used one for almost a year, and decided to give it to my son to use, so I purchased a brand new one. It came with V6.0 Marshmallow on it and worked great until shortly after I had it I hadn't disabled the auto-update feature and it installed V7.0 Nougat. Had the same issues, crashing, etc. as everyone else. Roll it Back to Marshmallow! It is not hard. Many Youtube videos on it. Follow the instructions to the tee, and make sure you get the correct image file from Nvidia. I have had zero problems now for the last 6-months, and would recommend the K1, and have, to everyone I can. I am just not a I-pad guy myself, and you can buy a brand new K1 for $199 instead of $500 for an "Apple" product. The K1 has a fast processor which is why it works very well. It is not the device but the OS  causing the problem. Yes, DJI needs to look into it, but V6.0 does everything you need it to.

I agree completely RicardoGray!!!
I did a LOT of comparing specs. before I bought the Shield K1 (January 2017) and I bought it JUST FOR FLYING because it has Faster Processor and more RAM (designed for Gaming) than the "DJI Recommended Samsung Tablets" (for the same or less cost)...

So I'm repeating here (please listen DJI) the K1 isn't Old or Slow and it's bad enough already that we're having Software Updates Forced on us...  So PLEASE don't turn our Fun Hobby into something that only people with a Large Amount of Money can afford to do...please...

JFYI I had Phantom 3 Standard so I'm on Before P4 DJI GO and I'll be receiving a DJI Refurbished P3Pro early this next week
So it looks like I'll be rolling my K1 back until this issue is Fixed...
2017-3-26
Use props
jeffurson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Just bought a K1, so following along on this to see when a fix for Nougat is out. I also have experienced the same issues using my Nexus 6P on Nougat as well, so it seems to be very specific to the app's compatibility with this version of the OS.
2017-3-26
Use props
GDM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23871 ft
Switzerland

Hi, I m usine P4 and K1 With same issue.... dependig of the situation, may cause crash the P4   I hope DJI Will fix that
2017-3-28
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Still no fix after the last GO app update....  what's worse, once the app crashes, you lose the 2nd part of flight after restart.. even though healthy drones gets 2 files, GO app picks up only the 1st one.
Come on DJI! Can u do something? K1 is a really good tablet, many people use. Please add it to your testing, and approved devices!
2017-3-28
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76309 ft
United States

This thread is in the P3P/A section but  there seems to be a lot of talk about the Phantom 4 having issue with the K1.  Please clarify what version of the DJI Go app everyone is having trouble with.
2017-3-29
Use props
KCadby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

FlyingCircles Posted at 2017-3-29 16:30
This thread is in the P3P/A section but  there seems to be a lot of talk about the Phantom 4 having issue with the K1.  Please clarify what version of the DJI Go app everyone is having trouble with.

People are having trouble with Multiple GO App...
I'm on Android 3.1.3 (Before P4) but have seen enough posts to know that 3.1.4 and P4 GO has the same issue... It isn't just the K1 having problem, it several devices that are on Nougat...
Adding here that yesterday and today I flew farther than I ever did before (just got a P3-Pro) and I have NO DATA to show me how far I actually went
Both Flights Logs were cut short because of GO Crashing = GRRRrrr  {:4_154:}

2017-3-29
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.1
Australia

jeffurson Posted at 2017-3-26 14:55
Just bought a K1, so following along on this to see when a fix for Nougat is out. I also have experienced the same issues using my Nexus 6P on Nougat as well, so it seems to be very specific to the app's compatibility with this version of the OS.

Strange, I have a Nexus 6P on latest updates and OS and it works without a issue with my P3P (also on latest firmware etc). I hope DJI can get these bugs worked out, was just talking with another person (different phone) but also having issues and seems it's only since Nougat.
2017-3-29
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

KCadby Posted at 2017-3-29 18:31
People are having trouble with Multiple GO App...
I'm on Android 3.1.3 (Before P4) but have seen enough posts to know that 3.1.4 and P4 GO has the same issue... It isn't just the K1 having problem, it several devices that are on Nougat...
Adding here that yesterday and today I flew farther than I ever did before (just got a P3-Pro) and I have NO DATA to show me how far I actually went

Sync to healthydrones com, that will get both flight logs, and u will have a record of your flight., The file is PRESENT on the tablet, GO just ignores it!

As for android version - i think on 6 it's ok...  i still had no time to roll my k1 back, maybe i will roll it to 6 and not 5...  see what happens.
2017-3-29
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just adding my comments here. Same persistent DJI Go4 app crashes after upgrade to Nougat v7 on my Shield K1. I feel the best resolution would be to roll back to v6, but that doesn't seem to be an easy task. Anyone know how to roll back Android on the Nvidia Shield to Android v6?
2017-3-30
Use props
Amref
Flight distance : 252287 ft
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 23:17
Got it, I've reported the crash log to our engineers for evaluation.

Hi Natalia,
As K1 is the best Android tablet (performance/cost), K1 french lovers are also waiting for news and for updates of DJI firwares without bugs or crashes : K1 merits further consideration.
I remember for my part, first DJI Go crash occured upon Phantom4 RC firmware updated 1.6 to 1.8. Since this time, all DJI Go or DJI Go4 app use to crash.  
2017-4-1
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

Flew today on GO app with my advanced, had no issues, but there have been days when it was happy before. Need to do more testing while recording video and so on.... (there were issues next day - crash of the app in 2 out of 3 flight, the log got split into 2 section.. anooying with healthydrones, as u have limmited number of flights)
2017-4-2
Use props
fans3509fdbd
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

my mavic does the same thing on the Nvidia K1. Crash after a few minutes.Any ideas?
2017-4-10
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

i downgraded to android 6, aside from nvidia now buggign me that there's an upgrade available, i flew a few batteries on advanced and a flew on pro, no issues yet!
The downgrade process via fastboot/adb as outlined on nvidia k1 developers page worked perfectly on windows10... but i did have to unlock the bootloader, and then follow multiple docs, not just one.
2017-4-11
Use props
fans689722dd
Flight distance : 3623386 ft
Belgium

Same problem. Phantom 4 + Nvidia Shield tablet. The app crashes when I'm flying, VERY annoying and dangerous.
2017-4-12
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Only way to get lost of all problems with go app is to downgrade android in Shield device. I hase similar issues. All gone after downgrade.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans1d638df3
New
Flight distance : 35935 ft
United States

Does anyone know if the latest DJI firmwares and Go4 updates took care of this issue?
2017-4-24
Use props
Repaid1
lvl.4
United States

Hey gang I'm over here from RCGroups...I'm not sure of the constant repeating of the problem. It's very simple DO NOT USE Android 7, do not allow it to update if your on 6. IF your on 7 already then roll it back to 6. If you don't know how go to the NVidia website and research it, you can go to RCG and see the people that have done it as well. If this is beyond your scope of tech skill then find a repair center or go to craigslist and find one of those phone "Guys" to help. IT's a pain, but there is nothing coming for a bit from DJI. Our factory Reps on RCG are well aware of the issue and DJI are working on it. It isn't just the Go App either, there are multiple Apps being reported all over the internet having issues with the Nougat (7) OS. Android has messed with something serious, so if you want to blame, shoot it their way! Fly Safe, Happy landings
2017-4-26
Use props
TopMarks 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

fans3509fdbd Posted at 2017-4-10 18:09
my mavic does the same thing on the Nvidia K1. Crash after a few minutes.Any ideas?

Hi if you don't know how to downgrade your nvidia shield k1 tablet to the previous os 6.0, and you purchased it a while back then a hard boot factory reset did the trick for me, I've included I link to show you how this is done http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/a ... 0/kw/tablet%20reset
2017-4-28
Use props
fansbfd5c290
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93337 ft
United States

Turned off the video cache in the app and no more crashes.  Hmmm
2017-6-1
Use props
KLT9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not at all technical and most of what I have read here is above my understanding.  However I have a P3A using the latest FW and I'm using Litchi on a Shield K1 with Nougat 7 version 5.1.  I have never had a software crash and wonder is it because I rarely go more than 300m distance and 200 feet high and always cache my maps before leaving home, or maybe perhaps I'm just lucky?
2017-6-4
Use props
fans487e4a34
New

United States

I had constant crashes. Rolled back my K1 to Marshmallow and everything seems much better. Just FYI
2017-6-4
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

KLT9 Posted at 2017-6-4 12:47
I'm not at all technical and most of what I have read here is above my understanding.  However I have a P3A using the latest FW and I'm using Litchi on a Shield K1 with Nougat 7 version 5.1.  I have never had a software crash and wonder is it because I rarely go more than 300m distance and 200 feet high and always cache my maps before leaving home, or maybe perhaps I'm just lucky?

It does not crash with Litchi. Try Go and it will crash. More often if you are recording.
2017-6-4
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

TopMarks 2 Posted at 2017-4-28 05:32
Hi if you don't know how to downgrade your nvidia shield k1 tablet to the previous os 6.0, and you purchased it a while back then a hard boot factory reset did the trick for me, I've included I link to show you how this is done http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3560/kw/tablet%20reset

This only resets the tablet, it will not roll back the firmware.
2017-6-4
Use props
useraccbd78b01
Captain
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Was downgrade from 1.10 to 1.90 on the aircraft and on the controller from 1.80 to 1.6. Still got dji goapp 3.15 but i crash, and i think i was happen when i upgrade my
phone samsung galaxy s6, from android 6 to android 7, did not have problems whit android 6. But not a problem when i crash i just wait 5 - 10 seconds and starts the app again, and keep flyning..
But will be happy whitout the crash, happens 1-2 times when i fly.
Was downgrade because of the problem whit loosing signal after upgrade to 1.10 on aircraft and 1.80 on controller, but after downgrade i have not problems whit signals anymore. only the app 3.15 need to be fix.
 My drone is dji phantom 3 advance..
2017-6-4
Use props
linflas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169370 ft
United States

fansbfd5c290 Posted at 2017-6-1 07:40
Turned off the video cache in the app and no more crashes.  Hmmm

This worked for me as well
2017-6-5
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
Second Officer
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2017-6-4 22:20
This only resets the tablet, it will not roll back the firmware.

It does roll back the fw if you bought the device without the new fw pre- installed, it brings back to factory settings, then you ignore the new fw update, that's  why I said in my post " IF you purchased the k1 a while ago
2017-6-5
Use props
fans689722dd
Flight distance : 3623386 ft
Belgium

So yesterday I went for a flight with the latest update on the dji go app. And guess what, after 5 minutes it crashed. This piece of sh.t.
2017-6-5
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

fans689722dd Posted at 2017-6-5 13:22
So yesterday I went for a flight with the latest update on the dji go app. And guess what, after 5 minutes it crashed. This piece of sh.t.

It will continue to crash unless you roll back to 6.0
2017-6-5
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

FlanniganFlyer  Posted at 2017-6-5 12:22
It does roll back the fw if you bought the device without the new fw pre- installed, it brings back to factory settings, then you ignore the new fw update, that's  why I said in my post " IF you purchased the k1 a while ago

If it is already on the previous firmware, then why roll it back? Afactory reset will reset the software, not the firmware. So if one has 7 on the device, a factory reset will not change the firmware to 6. It only resets the device. This is true for any android device on any firmware.
2017-6-5
Use props
KLT9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2017-6-4 22:10
It does not crash with Litchi. Try Go and it will crash. More often if you are recording.

Have to admit I never use DJI GO and I always film my Litchi flights.   However, if it only crashes with GO and not Litchi, does that not point to the problem being with DJI GO and not with Nougat 7?
2017-6-6
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
Second Officer
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2017-6-5 22:53
If it is already on the previous firmware, then why roll it back? Afactory reset will reset the software, not the firmware. So if one has 7 on the device, a factory reset will not change the firmware to 6. It only resets the device. This is true for any android device on any firmware.

The Link i provided is not a factory reset, it's called a hard factory reset, which take it back to the out of the box fw
2017-6-7
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

KLT9 Posted at 2017-6-6 00:27
Have to admit I never use DJI GO and I always film my Litchi flights.   However, if it only crashes with GO and not Litchi, does that not point to the problem being with DJI GO and not with Nougat 7?

deleted double post.
2017-6-7
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

KLT9 Posted at 2017-6-6 00:27

There is a pretty big problem with apps of all kinds crashing since the Nougat update. Go just happens to be one of them.
2017-6-7
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.1
Germany

So I have been patient and did not downgrade my shield tablet yet to Mashmellow. I have been waiting for DJI go4 app to improve to a point that it would no longer crash.
After the latest update 4.1.3 I found a significant improvement. Before it would crash, now it doesn't crash anymore but what does happen though the app disconnects. I was very careful with the wire to make sure this was not the cause of the disconnect, as a matter of fact the table a remote were standing on the table as I was testing to check if the app still crashes.
So DJI made some progress on this issue but still not quit there yet. Why would the app show that there is a Disconnected device? I guess this is for the tech team to figure out, but at least it is no longer crashing.
2017-7-3
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Guys, its now the 9th of July - has there been any progress made on this? Anyone tried it with the latest firmware and GO app??
2017-7-9
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI, do you have an update about the DJI Go4 app on Nividia Shield K1 stock 7.0 tablet?

I'm the user, everything up-to-date, keep having at least 1 app crashing on every flight
2017-7-13
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Any update??
2017-7-14
Use props
Fishy
lvl.1
United States

I too have the Nvidia Sheild K1 tablet as my video unit. I just did the new firmware updates last Monday (7-10-17) and it seems to have fixed the issue.....at least so far I havn't had the continuous disconnections. I have flown 6 batteries worth and have only experienced 1 disconnect.
2017-7-14
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

Just did my Shield K1 downgrade to factory v1.5 package. Will see how's everything goes.
here are my procedure of downgrade the Shield K1, it summarized the whole procedure and correcting some outdated path/procedure from official website and youtube tutorial video.

nvidia Shield K1 tablet downgrade procedure summarise [without 3rd party tools]
2017-7-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules