Separate camera settings for Video and for Photography
980 3 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjeschke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397651 ft
United States

I am curious, is there any way... or is there anything in the works that would let me use different camera profile settings for the still images versus the videos?

Here's my challenge. I fly up and do a pass for a video. Then during the same flight I want to capture a still image. I typically do video in d-log. However, I don't want to snap my photo in d-log. But I have to land or have somebody watch while I change the camera settings so I can take the still image.

Is there any way around this? I'd love if the still images had their own profile and I simply clicked the camera button while in flight after a video.
Also on my stills I almost ALWAYS braket 5 exposures. I notice this setting reverts after I power cycle the drone.

Thanks!

2017-2-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nope. You need to change for each type. I use manual settings so I shoot video and then hover then change the setting to take pictures.
2017-2-28
Use props
fans28936537
New
United Kingdom

Thank you both.
I'm thinking RAW files will not be influenced by WB and maybe some other video settings. Does anyone know which adjustments influence RAW files and which do not? I have the same question about wanting separate adjustments (and certainly I'm keen to avoid DLOG appearance on stills, so I can capture RAW+JPEG and immediately use the JPEG).
2017-3-10
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RAW is only affected by exposure - ISO and shutter.
To be honest if you record video in 4K you can do screengrabs  and they are pretty good. From D-Log a bit of work will be needed or grab from graded video
A worse problem when taking photos is the need to pause video to take it, as you have invariably moved slightly when you restart video.
I usually insert a short cutaway at such points to avoid an awkward jump.
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules