Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I buy the Mavic after my Phantom 3 Standard Crash
873 6 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KevDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I crashed my Phantom 3 Standard and learned a lesson not to fly far and high. But is the Mavic worth it. What issue do we have in the Mavic World? By the way, I have flown quadcopters great and that was my first ful loss on a drone... Mostly DJI's fault...
2017-2-28
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

It depends what is your intentions. Fun flying or serious photography?
2017-2-28
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-2-28 18:06
It depends what is your intentions. Fun flying or serious photography?

Exactly. Mavic camera is not great. My only other experience is with. P3p and p4. Both have better picture quality than the mavic.
2017-2-28
Use props
KevDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

A balance of two, but I like some memories I would like to travel with it to document things, and the combo will get me around 1 hour and 30 minutes of flight. I just want it not to crash and fly away.  I would like portability rather than amazing camera quality, at least the camera is like a okay cell phone camera.
2017-2-28
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-28 19:42
Exactly. Mavic camera is not great. My only other experience is with. P3p and p4. Both have better picture quality than the mavic.

It is not bad either. I got really nice pics and vids.
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-28 20:09
A balance of two, but I like some memories I would like to travel with it to document things, and the combo will get me around 1 hour and 30 minutes of flight. I just want it not to crash and fly away.  I would like portability rather than amazing camera quality, at least the camera is like a okay cell phone camera.

The portability and price point tipped the scales for me. If you'd like to see more positive feedback than what you normally find in this kind of forum, check out this thread: Enough of Mavic Horror Stories, any 90% satisfied pilots?
2017-2-28
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-28 20:09

As long as you follow the manual, check props and AC , before and after each flight and SAFETY FIRST, FUN SECOND you should be OK
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules