Phantom 4 Firmware Downgrade option.
18948 36 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232802 ft
India

DJI Remove Phantom 4 Firmware Downgrade option from  DJI Assistant 2!!! Very Bad.....

2017-2-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha anima,

Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2?  What version of Assistant 2 are you using.  Are you using a Mac or PC?  Each version has different options.  There is also the upper right corner of the remote controller.

You may want to ask questions about how to do something and how to do other things to help you solve problems.  It generally works out better that way.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-28
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-28 23:59
Aloha anima,

Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2?  What version of Assistant 2 are you using.  Are you using a Mac or PC?  Each version has different options.  There is also the upper right corner of the remote controller.

Have you still got the option to downgrade the firmware in the dji assist program,  I am using the latest version and the option to roll back the firmware has been removed
2017-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I checked yesterday, and now can only see the current firmware build (01.02.0602), that's in Assistant 2 and DJI Go 4 (in the 'rollback' option).
2017-3-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-3-1 00:51
Have you still got the option to downgrade the firmware in the dji assist program,  I am using the latest version and the option to roll back the firmware has been removed

Aloha freelander,

Previously, I had the last two versions installed, but I dumped the older one when I realized that it did not upgrade with the new install.  I may still have the install program though.  I need to check on that.

I am sure the discrepancy will be corrected soon.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-1
Use props
Nraja
New

Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-1 23:53
Aloha freelander,

Previously, I had the last two versions installed, but I dumped the older one when I realized that it did not upgrade with the new install.  I may still have the install program though.  I need to check on that.

Any luck downgrading your firmware? My Phantom 4 gets the battery signal error that seems to be common with the new firmware, so I desperately need downgrade to get my bird in the air
2017-3-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nraja Posted at 2017-3-15 15:27
Any luck downgrading your firmware? My Phantom 4 gets the battery signal error that seems to be common with the new firmware, so I desperately need downgrade to get my bird in the air

Aloha Nraja,

Have you tried the upper right corner of the white splash screen for the app.  Touch it for over five seconds and a downgrade screen should come up.  Options will show up there if it can be done that way.  If not ask again and we will see what your other options are.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-15
Use props
Nraja
New

Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-15 15:56
Aloha Nraja,

Have you tried the upper right corner of the white splash screen for the app.  Touch it for over five seconds and a downgrade screen should come up.  Options will show up there if it can be done that way.  If not ask again and we will see what your other options are.

Thanks Cetacean!

I tried that, but still no luck. I was able to downgrade my Mavic Pro through both the app and on my Mac and PC, but neither offered the option for my Phantom 4
2017-3-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nraja Posted at 2017-3-15 18:45
Thanks Cetacean!

I tried that, but still no luck. I was able to downgrade my Mavic Pro through both the app and on my Mac and PC, but neither offered the option for my Phantom 4

Aloha Nraja,

Have you tried DJI Assistant 2?  The latest version is; DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.9.  The download is available on the P4 web page.  This download is different from the P4 Pro DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.0.

Also, I just noted that the DJI GO 4 app for the P4 is upgraded to 4.0.5 for Android.  Are you using Android?  Check these out and let me know.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-15
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

The option to downgrade the firmware in DJI Assist is still missing ,I think it's gone for good now
2017-3-15
Use props
Nraja
New

Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-15 21:04
Aloha Nraja,

Have you tried DJI Assistant 2?  The latest version is; DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.9.  The download is available on the P4 web page.  This download is different from the P4 Pro DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.0.

Just downloaded the newest version again on my PC with no luck. Still just shows the current version as V01.02.0602 with no option for downgrade. Same on my Android.

I agree with freelanderuk - they removed the option recently for some crazy reason..

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
2017-3-16
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

What ever tablet or phone your'e using restart it then go into the go app and hold down on top right icon, that worked for me.
2017-3-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nraja Posted at 2017-3-16 18:43
Just downloaded the newest version again on my PC with no luck. Still just shows the current version as V01.02.0602 with no option for downgrade. Same on my Android.

I agree with freelanderuk - they removed the option recently for some crazy reason..

Aloha Nraja,

Apparently, you have the P4.  Have you updated the app to DJI GO 4 v.4.0.5?  The new app may have the corner option up and running.

Other than that, have you contacted tech support about the battery problem?  If so, what did they say?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nraja Posted at 2017-3-16 18:43

Aloha Nraja,

DJI Jamie weighed in on this issue in thread;

http://forum.dji.com/thread-88969-1-1.html

You may want to look in on it or maybe ask him a question or two.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-17
Use props
BrucefromGwada
lvl.1
Guadeloupe

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. Since then, did you find a solution ? My P4 was fine until the upgrade to V01.02.0602 : I had the battery error message.
Any chance we can somehow downgrade ?
2017-5-27
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

It's not an accident.
2017-5-27
Use props
adhanny26
New

Indonesia

Hello iam has a same problem, after upgrade to V01.02.0602, i have notification battery signal error, and now no option to downgrade.. anyone can solve this problem now? why DJI not allowed to downgrade if this problem come after update to  V01.02.0602. Now my phantom cannot fly again..
2017-6-28
Use props
userd005b1ada2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1522346 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I am having the same battery issue and it is very fustrating.  How come DJI havn't resolved it yet?
The summer is here and I want to fly!

2017-6-29
Use props
fans164f6c9e
New

Poland

How to downgrade this firmware, I have only see the latest ?
2017-7-22
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

fans164f6c9e Posted at 2017-7-22 01:06
How to downgrade this firmware, I have only see the latest ?

I am afraid you'll be stuck with the latest, sorry the "buggy"...
2017-7-22
Use props
serkansimon
New
Turkey

How to downgrade this firmware !!! Image was gone before I updated,
in now aircraft disconnet {:4_154:}
2017-8-5
Use props
serkansimon
New
Turkey

DJI Assistant 2 update error code 0x032800 and Fast Flashing Yellow Light
2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

There is a way to downgrade..
2017-8-6
Use props
serkansimon
New
Turkey

How do I restore it? p4 pro
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

serkansimon Posted at 2017-8-6 01:04
DJI Assistant 2 update error code 0x032800 and Fast Flashing Yellow Light

When you check in 'About' in 'General Settings' menu, what does it tell you ?

Fast flashing yellow means no control signal from RC (Page 14 in P4P manual, is RC off ?)

If 'About' reports all is well then reboot all (You have updated RC to V1.9.2 ? ) and test.

If all tests well then that's it, working.

2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

serkansimon Posted at 2017-8-6 02:15
How do I restore it?  p4 pro

Check a bit here in the forum for your demands. There is a couple days ago a thread. All is in...untill the big censor hits..pm
2017-8-6
Use props
Mr Bigus Nickus
lvl.1
Iraq

T-R Posted at 2017-8-6 02:06
There is a way to downgrade..

Hi, could you please let me know how this may be possible. P4P+ flew out of the box. Upgrade and now no go but it is a work machine and as I updated I am in trouble if we can't get in the air.
Assistant 2 is just showing the current firmware 01.04.0602 and as with others no ability to downgrade or roll back.
Cant do it on the controller as it is the plus model and the 3 dots to push on the normal Go app are not there.
Any help would be much appreciated.
2017-8-27
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Can u send a pm, please.  
2017-8-28
Use props
atrsd
lvl.1
United States

my camera is not working (black image) after upgrading to 1.04.602 .. .Phantom 4 Pro+ ... help, what should I do ?!
2017-9-14
Use props
fansf6fa7a46
New

Brazil

Boa noite amigos conseguiram resolver o problema com a atualização do p4 .
2017-9-14
Use props
fansf6fa7a46
New

Brazil

Consegui fazer o downgrade da versão anterior o p4 parou de fica com tremelique pelo menos voa normal mais algumas funções não ficaram legal como o barômetro por exemplo o p4 não fica estável fica subido e descendo quando vai pousar por mais que está com dedo leve mais ele fica quicando no solo e o moto demora pra desliga perigo imenso poder tomba o drone de lado deve ser por esSe motivo que a DJI desabilotou o downgrade para que não haja prejuízo maior. Mais se msm assim alguém quere testa a sorte eu explicou como fazer para obter a versão anterio no aplicativo de assistente da DJI blz meu e-mail
( chiquilitow@gmail.com ) ) abraço .
2017-9-14
Use props
KiKe SkyWorks
New
Flight distance : 751230 ft

Brazil

fansf6fa7a46 Posted at 2017-9-14 17:58
Consegui fazer o downgrade da versão anterior o p4 parou de fica com tremelique pelo menos voa normal mais algumas funções não ficaram legal como o barômetro por exemplo o p4 não fica estável fica subido e descendo quando vai pousar por mais que está com dedo leve mais ele fica quicando no solo e o moto demora pra desliga perigo imenso poder tomba o drone de lado deve ser por esSe motivo que a DJI desabilotou o downgrade para que não haja prejuízo maior. Mais se msm assim alguém quere testa a sorte eu explicou como fazer para obter a versão anterio no aplicativo de assistente da DJI blz meu e-mail
( chiquilitow@gmail.com ) ) abraço .

ola amigo tenho o mesmo problema e não consigo fazer o downgrade mandei um email para maiores esclarecimentos.
2017-9-21
Use props
fansad47e635
lvl.1

South Africa

Forced by the app to download the latest firmware and guess what, my DJI p4 is jerky and stuttering in flight. For a year since I purchased never had a problem but now the dreaded firmware upgrade ruins the experience. DJI,please fix this or make contact with me for refund. I read of getting a Beta version to test, but why should your customers have to go through this? Word of mouth (and the pen) is mightier than the sword. Please just let me roll back my firmware update. Looking forward to your contact.
2018-1-14
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Search here in forum for the alternative way to do. I did, and the result is perfect.
2018-1-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Search here in forum for the alternative way to do. I did, and the result is perfect.
2018-1-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

2018-1-15
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1362336 ft

Hi all,

I am trying to downgrade my Phantom 4 and have the DJI Assisitant for Phantom pc version v2.0.8. always stuck on 28% after a few attempts. I am trying to fix an ESC error message that is why i am trying to downgrade.
Please help!!!
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules