New Mavic Owner
909 10 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4497f8e9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well today i took the plunge and purchased a Mavic after reading all the reviews etc, I am coming from flying an Inspire 1 but found this to big and bulky to haul about everywhere and wanted something quick and easy and able to take to hard to reach locations (plus lugging a suitcase is not a good look !) from what i have seen the Mavic is getting mixed reactions but i look forward to finding out for myself, it certainly looks an awesome bit of kit with big features for a small bird.. the flight times look impresive adn its performance looks good to, time will tell !

Steve
2017-3-1
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

I am with you , waiting for mine to come in should be here on Friday. I sure hope we get a good one with no issues

Jim
2017-3-1
Use props
fansf9a24104
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys....mine comes tomorrow.....very nervous but excited.
2017-3-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club. I had mine since the first batch and only fun with this bad boy!
2017-3-1
Use props
Steve0510
lvl.1
United Kingdom

seems to be getting popular ! Dronist, do you consider it a toy or a professional piece of kit ?
2017-3-1
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

My best friend flew the Inspire 1 and now the Inspire 2 . After being around my Mavic he says he has to pick one up .

If you count the number of people that have had issues with the Mavic across all forums and compare that to the number already sold you will see it is almost insignificant . Sure there are some legitimate concerns for those that have had issues but otherwise the Mavic is a huge success and deservedly so .
2017-3-1
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

so far so good , very little problems with the drone , 4 flights almost 1 mile way and it has always responded well. one issue that it has , when I first take it up to about 50 meters and hover, as soon as I start to move forward the video jumps all over the place for about 2 seconds after that it's fine for the entire flight . no waves or jello effect.
2017-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Steve0510 Posted at 2017-3-1 07:46
seems to be getting popular ! Dronist, do you consider it a toy or a professional piece of kit ?

You can do some nice professional photography with this little fella. Good luck..
2017-3-7
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Great piece of kit. I travel all over the UK and Ireland with work and it's always in the car with me. Takes two minutes to get it in the air and capture those memorable moments.
2017-3-7
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

HI I hope your mavic is a good one! im a bit scared as there seem to be a few problems with it. did you get the refresh care. i will take the plunge soon too im sure. so much easier than carrying a big phantom around! im pretty sure all these issues with get sorted out soon with the mavic thought. good luck with it.
2017-3-7
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

Steve0510 Posted at 2017-3-1 07:46

if you compare insipire to DSLR, Mavic is more like bridge camera
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules