Racing - Pinch or Thumb control
1625 5 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Got nowhere else to post this at the moment, maybe it will encourage a Race forum ...

So I've just started getting into the race thing and I keep hearing people say to Pinch the sticks not put your Thumb on them. I'm a thumber because of my history in gaming. Trying out the Pinch now and it seems to give more control, but I struggle with the extents of the stick movement.

I'm using the controller that came with a Blade Inductrix FPV which maybe not be perfect for this. Worth trying a Trannis or something?

So do you Pinch or Thumb ?
2017-3-1
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I pinch when using my big Spektrum transmitter with the heli and planes but usually thumb when flying the Phantom. A good transmitter that fits your hands well can make a world of difference. I've not used one but Tarannis is a well respected transmitter and is open source. A LOT of people fly with these now.
2017-3-2
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

helidan Posted at 2017-3-2 10:47
I pinch when using my big Spektrum transmitter with the heli and planes but usually thumb when flying the Phantom. A good transmitter that fits your hands well can make a world of difference. I've not used one but Tarannis is a well respected transmitter and is open source. A LOT of people fly with these now.

I always wondered why people had these big transmitters, now I'm starting to understand. Can you adjust the height of the sticks with yours?

Compared to all this acro stuff my P3 feels rock solid now, I just mash the controls with my hand and it goes where I want. The wrong twitch of a finger with an acro thing and it's off into a wall

I've got an eachine wizard on order and that comes with a Flysky transmitter, any good? Guess it's personal choice, will have to try them all.
2017-3-2
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah you can adjust the stick height along with spring tension.  I assume you are using the gamepad style transmitter that is supplied with the Inductrix?  If so then you should try and get hold of something like a Spektrum DX6 or DX6i.  They are much better transmitters and will allow you to fine tune the rates, exponential etc.  Also, a lot of race drones are Spektrum compatible right out of the box so the TX would do for anything you might buy.  Not had any experience of the Flysky TX.
2017-3-3
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
India

To Bad you don't have MOUTH CONTROL !! lolllll
2017-5-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer