Photo settings overridden and missing?
1767 7 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Using IOS. Occasionaly I will have a problem where I switch to photo mode from video and a bunch of settings are now missing. Only way to bring them back is to restart DJI GO. For example it will auto switch to JPEG and remove the option for RAW and switch to a 16:9 ratio and remove the option for 4:3 (uncropped). I assume that other options are missing, but that is what I have noticed in flight. Anyone else having this problem?
2017-3-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Also on iOS, I've not seen that. I'd sync your flight logs, delete the app and then reinstall the latest 4.x version and make sure you are using the latest firmware. Hope this helps.
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try Ex Machina's advcice and let us know if it helps.
2017-3-1
Use props
ChrisH_Photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133694 ft
South Africa

I've seen this.

It happens in active track and tap to fly modes. I have been reporting it to DJI support since 10 Feb. Nothing happens except I get a headache from banging my head on the desk in frustration. Every time I speak to anyone it is, 'please reinstall the djigo4 app' then they run out of any ideas and tell me they will report it to R&D.

I photograph sports (not video) and need  the camera to have RAW capability as advertised. This is the only reason I bought it.
2017-3-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

ChrisH_Photos Posted at 2017-3-6 07:08
I've seen this.

It happens in active track and tap to fly modes. I have been reporting it to DJI support since 10 Feb. Nothing happens except I get a headache from banging my head on the desk in frustration. Every time I speak to anyone it is, 'please reinstall the djigo4 app' then they run out of any ideas and tell me they will report it to R&D.

I have seen a reset to default camera settings when exiting an Intelligent Flight mode, but the options have always been there for me to reselect.

Are you using DJI Go 4.x or the older 3.x  version that DJI is trying to get everyone away from going forward? And which phone/iOS version?

2017-3-6
Use props
ChrisH_Photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133694 ft
South Africa

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-6 07:14
I have seen a reset to default camera settings when exiting an Intelligent Flight mode, but the options have always been there for me to reselect.

Are you using DJI Go 4.x or the older 3.x  version that DJI is trying to get everyone away from going forward? And which phone/iOS version?

I'm using Go4 and I-phone IOS.
I find when coming out of intelligent flight mode I see all the options are again selectable, but if I go back in, to say active track, it will only shoot JPEG at 4x3 resolution and have no other options.
2017-3-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

ChrisH_Photos Posted at 2017-3-6 23:31
I'm using Go4 and I-phone IOS.
I find when coming out of intelligent flight mode I see all the options are again selectable, but if I go back in, to say active track, it will only shoot JPEG at 4x3 resolution and have no other options.

Huh, never thought to check that as I'm always shooting video in those modes.

So you can set your photo prefs to 16x9, RAW and go into Active Track and that setting is preserved, but while in Active Track you can't change to anything else but the standard default? Or is it that you only ever get the standard default, even if you set it up before entering that mode?

If the latter, I wonder if it's a processing power limitation?
2017-3-7
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-7 07:49
Huh, never thought to check that as I'm always shooting video in those modes.

So you can set your photo prefs to 16x9, RAW and go into Active Track and that setting is preserved, but while in Active Track you can't change to anything else but the standard default? Or is it that you only ever get the standard default, even if you set it up before entering that mode?

No that I think about, it does happen after using a smart mode like active track.

When going into active track it auto switches to video mode. When I exit to go back to photo I now only have the default settings available. Restart fixes it.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules