1334 21 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tvl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197779 ft
United States

AlecW, Labroides, Nigel, DJI Natalia, or whomever:

I've had a thread titled:  "Well, I Had Hoped it Would NOT be Inevitable" going for some time now with a lot of participation. For whatever reason, I can no longer see it. It simply isn't there for ME to see!

AlecW provided a link to the thread earlier and if I click on the link it will take me to the thread. So, for now, I have made a shortcut to the link he provided. That is the ONLY way I can get access to the thread.

NOTE:   I just clicked on AlecW's link and made the comment "This is a test" in post # 123. I then went to the Phantom 4 home page and expected the thread to be at or near the top of the listings. But, it is nowhere to be found ?????

Can any of you folks see the thread titled  "Well, I Had Hoped it Would NOT be Inevitable" and my latest entry on post #123?  If so, why can't I? If you can't see it either, what has likely occurred to create this issue?

Just in case you also can't see the thread listed along with the other entries, here is the link provided by AlecW:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-84639-1-1.html
2017-3-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha tvl,

DJI has a relatively new policy about thread resolution.  Apparently, you appear to be beating a dead dog.  You are getting a Phantom back so your issue should be put to rest.  I have given it the good old college try and I cannot find your thread where it belongs.  That means it may be removed from community input and viewing.

This is DJI's forum as a service to its customers.  It is your privilege to use the site, but you have to follow DJI's rules and policies.  If you object to DJI's treatment of your thread, you may file complaint with DJI and seek arbitration which will be conducted in private.  In order to use this Forum, you have already agreed to these principles.  Look into the agreement you have with DJI to see how to proceed if you do not just want to enjoy your bird when you get it back.  

But, like your new bird, to have fun you will just have to let it go.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-2
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

I can see it! you put 'this it a test' then there is one other post after yours.
2017-3-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-84639-1-1.html
2017-3-2
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Cetacean!

You stated:  "Apparently, you appear to be beating a dead dog ............  but you have to follow DJI's rules and policies."

Well, so be it!  But, I've seen some very negative threads in the past, and these particular threads have not been removed.

Unless I'm missing something, mine was not negative and contained a lot of information that may be helpful to another individual should they encounter a problem such as mine. The last several post also informed folks here on this site that DJI discovered aircraft issues and was covering all damage under warranty. It doesn't get any better than that! Correct??

I don't know if this was wrong on my part or against their policy, but I did include some snapshots of the invoice, etc. in a couple of post to show what parts would be replaced and the dollar amount. But again, I also indicated everything was covered under their warranty. So, I have absolutely no idea why DJI would remove the thread.

If anyone who was following the thread has some idea why it was removed and wishes to share, I would be appreciative, as I would like very much to know what I did to warrant its removal. Otherwise, goodbye and good luck folks.
2017-3-2
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

It's still there, all 4 pages worth.
Threads can move down pretty quickly here.

Edit: it does appear to be not listed where it should be...
2017-3-2
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-3-2 07:19
It's still there, all 4 pages worth.
Threads can move down pretty quickly here.

Question:

Did you click on the link to get to the thread  OR  did you actually see it listed with other threads. I 'm having absolutely no luck in locating the thread UNLESS I click on the link. This is weird to say the least!
2017-3-2
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-3-2 07:42
It is weird, I can't see it listed from the P4 page.  I thought I could see it last night but it's gone unless I click the link above.

Why has it been hidden?

Well, all I can say is I do apologize to the DJI moderators for whatever I did wrong. However, I do wish they would at least share with me the reason for the post being "hidden"  .................. because I am clueless!
2017-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Some guy on a thread called himself a D**k today, I tried to answer and let him know he was not really a D**k but no mattered what I tried it would not let me post until I removed the word D**k, and it still won't let me post this until I add asterisk to the word D**k , so D**k is a banned word , I should have wrote Richard instead. Lol
2017-3-2
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

AlecW Posted at 2017-3-2 08:18
The forum software seems to be home grown by DJI vs. vb or one of the mainstream forum packages and does weird things.  My avatar changed to a while square a couple of days ago for a day.  Odd words are banned but the error is weird.  I tried to use the word p a s s p o r t the other day with no spaces and it wouldn't let me.

Damn, is p-a-s-s-p-o-r-t still banned, I let them know about many odd words many months ago.

I guess it contains ass ? Nope guess it's just p-assports they don't like
2017-3-2
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-2 12:21
Damn, is p-a-s-s-p-o-r-t still banned, I let them know about many odd words many months ago.

I guess it contains ass ? Nope guess it's just p-assports they don't like

So, if my thread was hidden because of a banned word I inadvertently used, would I not have been notified or at least warned before making a post that I was using a word that was prohibited?

What if someone replying to the thread used a banned word, would their post then effectively cause the thread to be hidden?
2017-3-2
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

tvl Posted at 2017-3-2 13:12
So, if my thread was hidden because of a banned word I inadvertently used, would I not have been notified or at least warned before making a post that I was using a word that was prohibited?

What if someone replying to the thread used a banned word, would their post then effectively cause the thread to be hidden?

Yes, sorry drifting off topic .... it tells you can't post with a banned word. No idea where your topic has gone. If it's been deleted it usually says Topic has been archived or something like that, but yours is still there, maybe a new thing DJI have to hide certain topics.
2017-3-2
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

Why dont DJI answer the OPs question ??????????????????
2017-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tvl Posted at 2017-3-2 13:12

If you look in your homepage you should be able to see it under posts. Likewise if you click on an Avatar within the thread you should be able to see that persons posts or replies etc. It could just be that its been archived.
2017-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And the well known film Director Alfred Hitchc0ck is a no-no

Methinks some of the priorities are distorted.
2017-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlecW Posted at 2017-3-2 15:00
It also comes up in a forum search which shows it's still categorized as a Phantom 4 forum thread.  It's not showing up in the P4 section however.  Maybe just a glitch in the matrix.

Somewhere round about the middle I think:-
2017-3-2
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

tvl Posted at 2017-3-2 07:32
Question:

Did you click on the link to get to the thread  OR  did you actually see it listed with other threads. I 'm having absolutely no luck in locating the thread UNLESS I click on the link. This is weird to say the least!

Yeah, only from the link.   Rod Serling would be impressed.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Just so you guys know, the thread does not look to have been hidden or blocked from the front page by any mod. The OP does not seem to have broken any rules and as such it looks like this is just a glitch. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
2017-3-2
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-2 16:15
Just so you guys know, the thread does not look to have been hidden or blocked from the front page by any mod. The OP does not seem to have broken any rules and as such it looks like this is just a glitch. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Well, thank you so very much DJI Joe !!!!

I was convinced I had done something wrong. Again, thanks so much for the response!
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

tvl Posted at 2017-3-2 16:40
Well, thank you so very much DJI Joe !!!!

I was convinced I had done something wrong. Again, thanks so much for the response!

Sure thing. Although it's terrible hearing about hard landings, no thread is every purposefully removed, edited, or otherwise hidden from other forum members. Your post was civil and well written and is a good example of reporting an issue.
2017-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Found your thread on page 92 within the P4 section here (last page).
2017-3-3
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-3 05:07
Found your thread on page 92 within the P4 section here (last page).

Well, thanks so very much Aardvark!  At least I now know where it resides.

I did view the thread and then made a new entry hoping that would bring it back to  page 1. However, that didn't work. For whatever reason, it is "stuck" on the last page.

Thanks again!
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules