Are you going to update your Inspire 2 with the latest firmware?
12Next >
4433 73 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Single SelectVote, Total 48 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

52.08% (25)
20.83% (10)
27.08% (13)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-3-2
Use props
perfectpercepti
lvl.1

United States

Did the upgrade this morning and all has been great for me
2017-3-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

perfectpercepti Posted at 2017-3-3 01:19
Did the upgrade this morning and all has been great for me

does the camera gimbal start up ok? Mine stops for 4 seconds before getting to final centered position.
2017-3-3
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Did the upgrade as well - everything is ok. Will check how the bird will fly.
2017-3-3
Use props
Istrian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2051860 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-3 01:55
does the camera gimbal start up ok? Mine stops for 4 seconds before getting to final centered position.

It's new gimbal self diagnose feature. Nothing to worry about
2017-3-3
Use props
Ale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155059 ft
Italy

I'll check it tomorrow. Hope everything will be ok...
2017-3-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Istrian Posted at 2017-3-3 03:19
It's new gimbal self diagnose feature. Nothing to worry about

Hi Istrian can you please tell me where you got this information from?
Thanks
2017-3-3
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I updated mine and the gimbal broke..... stuck and buzzing.  See gimbal pan post ......
2017-3-3
Use props
Spiky247
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455459 ft
China

Upgraded this morning before a shoot, just finding out now that CaptureOne 10 and Lightroom CC does not recognize the new embedded ICC profile in the DNG file. If anyone know of a work around I'd appreciate it very much.
2017-3-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Spiky247 Posted at 2017-3-3 05:31
Upgraded this morning before a shoot, just finding out now that CaptureOne 10 and Lightroom CC does not recognize the new embedded ICC profile in the DNG file. If anyone know of a work around I'd appreciate it very much.

have you tried Davinci resolve?
2017-3-3
Use props
George Sun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10502 ft
Greece

I did the upgrade and now I have   Air Encoder Error (0x100000)  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is telling me to communicate with DJI service.
What is that????????
The drone has only flown 2 times.

2017-3-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

George Sun Posted at 2017-3-3 08:16
I did the upgrade and now I have   Air Encoder Error (0x100000)  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is telling me to communicate with DJI service.
What is that????????
The drone has only flown 2 times.

might seem silly question but have you tried putting in a different SD card?
2017-3-3
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

No issues for me .
2017-3-3
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

GabeZ Posted at 2017-3-3 04:31
I updated mine and the gimbal broke..... stuck and buzzing.  See gimbal pan post ......

yep mine too
2017-3-3
Use props
George Sun
lvl.1
Greece

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-3 08:35

Yep Nothing hapened!
2017-3-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Sorry ,,, Was just a thought I'm sure I read it somewhere before....
2017-3-3
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-3 08:35

Hi Coigreach - i do get this message when the gimbal/camera is not mounted. The error disappeared once the gimbal is mounted. Maybe this helps.
2017-3-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-3-3 10:17
Hi Coigreach - i do get this message when the gimbal/camera is not mounted. The error disappeared once the gimbal is mounted. Maybe this helps.

Hi Gerry,
What camera are you using? X4S or X5S and if X5S is the SSD card in or out?

Karl
2017-3-3
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

5XS but no SSD card
2017-3-3
Use props
George Sun
lvl.1
Greece

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-3-3 10:17

Have you had Air Encoder Error (0x100000)  when the gimbal/camera is not mounted?
And when you conected the gimbal/camera the problem got fixed? the error dissapeared?
I am asking you because i don't have a camera on my drone.I am still waiting for it to be delivered...
And just now I sent the drone to DJI servise, because I told them about the problem and they told me to send the drone for checking.
2017-3-3
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

George Sun Posted at 2017-3-3 10:44
Have you had Air Encoder Error (0x100000)  when the gimbal/camera is not mounted?
And when you conected the gimbal/camera the problem got fixed? the error dissapeared?
I am asking you because i don't have a camera on my drone.I am still waiting for it to be delivered...

YES

YES

I had some other problems with the landing gear and tried to put the bird into travel mode. That's why I got this message.

But once the gimbal is mounted everything seems to word.

Regards, Gerry
2017-3-3
Use props
CptLuke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2455282 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the upgrade this afternoon and all has been great for me...flawless ( App battery RC and Aircraft )
2017-3-3
Use props
George Sun
lvl.1
Greece

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-3-3 11:24
YES

Thank you very much Gerry
I have a broblem with landing gear too, not a real problem but it shows me a red mesage  Landing gear lowered ??? in Vision Sensors with one more mesage, the Obstacle Avoidance Disabled .
The Obstacle Avoidance Disabled is a real problem not only a mesage, the I2 doesn't stop when there are obstacles in it's way the controler only gives me a warning sound.
2017-3-3
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Spiky247 Posted at 2017-3-3 05:31

I would never ever perform an update on the day of a job. My I2 is working fine apart from a startup bug in 25fps, fine if I'm in 50fps, I'll live with that until such time I need to upgrade or there's a killer feature added.
2017-3-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

CptLuke Posted at 2017-3-3 12:16
Did the upgrade this afternoon and all has been great for me...flawless ( App battery RC and Aircraft )

Does you gimbal start up like this with buzzing for 4 seconds near the end like this?
2017-3-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

George Sun Posted at 2017-3-3 13:16
I have a broblem with landing gear too, not a real problem but it shows me a red mesage  Landing gear lowered ??? in Vision Sensors with one more mesage, the Obstacle Avoidance Disabled .
The Obstacle Avoidance Disabled is a real problem not only a mesage, the I2 doesn't stop when there are obstacles in it's way the controler only gives me a warning sound.

Assuming this is in the air with the landing gear up?
2017-3-3
Use props
Rex65
lvl.1
Australia

Tried to update with an iPad connected to the craft, got stuck at 99% (99% vision installed, 99% overall complete)! Went into a loop trying to reinstall the vision system part, had to switch off after around an hour. Refreshed using computer and assistant and seemed to work. With the X5s I get a buzz for a few seconds at the end of the boot up sequence which doesn't worry me.... Calibrating the gimbal on the other hand, it made a dreadful sound in the roll axis. I won't be calibrating the gimbal again anytime soon if I can avoid it until an update is available.
2017-3-3
Use props
Spiky247
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455459 ft
China

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-3 08:02
have you tried Davinci resolve?

Hi Coigreach, I meant images taken with my X5s not the video footage.

The way the image looks in DJI GO

The way the image looks in DJI GO

The way the image looks when you open it with Lightroom CC

The way the image looks when you open it with Lightroom CC

The way the image looks when you open it with Captureone 10

The way the image looks when you open it with Captureone 10
2017-3-3
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

George Sun Posted at 2017-3-3 13:16

Hi George Sun - thank you for your feedback. So, we are not alone ;-) Well I wouldn't do the update on day one but I had a couple of other problems and ..... was hopping of an improvement. Well, the result is even worse. Still the problems with the landing gear, sensors and in addition to that  - a incredible slow bird.

Hope the fix is coming soon.

2017-3-3
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Rex65 Posted at 2017-3-3 22:06
Tried to update with an iPad connected to the craft, got stuck at 99% (99% vision installed, 99% overall complete)! Went into a loop trying to reinstall the vision system part, had to switch off after around an hour. Refreshed using computer and assistant and seemed to work. With the X5s I get a buzz for a few seconds at the end of the boot up sequence which doesn't worry me.... Calibrating the gimbal on the other hand, it made a dreadful sound in the roll axis. I won't be calibrating the gimbal again anytime soon if I can avoid it until an update is available.

Hi Rex65 - what was your procedure to re-install only the vision part of the update? I had this loop as well.
2017-3-3
Use props
Rex65
lvl.1
Australia

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-3-3 22:36
Hi Rex65 - what was your procedure to re-install only the vision part of the update? I had this loop as well.

I refreshed the entire firmware using the assistant software,  it was a lot faster than the original install and didn't show the individual components being installed. Just got the 100% at the end.
2017-3-3
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Rex65 Posted at 2017-3-3 23:01
I refreshed the entire firmware using the assistant software,  it was a lot faster than the original install and didn't show the individual components being installed. Just got the 100% at the end.

Thank you Rex65. I did the same and yes - it went through very fast. But the problems  with the VA still persist......
2017-3-3
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-3 16:57
Does you gimbal start up like this with buzzing for 4 seconds near the end like this?X5S gimbal start up sequence

Yes, the short buzzing noise at the end of the process appears to be common after upgrade. Some say that it goes away after several re-starts but I have re-started my I2 at least 6 times times since installing the upgrade and I still get the short buzzing noise. Seems to work fine though!
Best.
Allan
2017-3-4
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the update and all looked fine, waiting to fly once the weather gets better
2017-3-4
Use props
fans1d6b7d4d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 436640 ft
United States

Gimbal worked fine before update, now it will now move. DJI said to return the x4s to where I purchased it from. (sighhhhhh)

Any Idea on the solution?   

2017-3-4
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

From another post, DJI said that a short buzzing of the gimbal on bootup is normal. I tried looking for the post, so I could give a link to it, but, I can't find it now.
2017-3-4
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

I did the update and now I have the Main controller data error.  Awesome.  
2017-3-4
Use props
Cymon66
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1d6b7d4d Posted at 2017-3-4 14:36
Gimbal worked fine before update, now it will now move. DJI said to return the x4s to where I purchased it from. (sighhhhhh)

Any Idea on the solution?   

Have you tried using assistant 2 with the I2... The only reason I say this, is with my M600 you always have the option to downgrade back to the previous firmware?  And while I have my own I2 and X4s, I always wait a few days before updating DJI firmare as I know from previous experiance these problems you guys are having are common with DJI

(You thought Apple were bad with updates???  now you know
2017-3-6
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

I did update using Ipad. Remote controller gave an error at the end of update process and asked to send report. I sent report and continued update bird which went slowly through. Once software asked to unplug and re plug USB during update. I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't watch whole update process carefully and didn't see this message.

Then all update messages were gone after full reboot and I flew once battery set successfully.

So in the end update looks good.
2017-3-6
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Did updates of every thing yesterday and all went very smoothly. No problems and the bird continues to fly great.
2017-3-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules