1394 15 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frankly, I don't see where the master/slave controller(s) are, cinematically speaking, of great use with the Mavic Pro.

I get the ability for someone else to learn.

However, unlike the Inspire series, the Mavic Pro camera cannot pan (left/right) or rotate (360).  It is only capable of tilting (up/down)

It would seen that, as far as camera movement goes, the usability of the second controller to independently operate the camera is rather limited. (compared to the Inspire)

What would be some other useful purposes for a double controller?

2017-3-3
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

It's designed primarily with coaching in mind. I don't think this function was designed with filmmaking in mind.
2017-3-3
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-3 09:43
It's designed primarily with coaching in mind. I don't think this function was designed with filmmaking in mind.

But does it still offer one person to control pitch while the other maneuvers the aircraft?

I understand its not a very useful amount of functionality, but I do find some difficulty in getting the right camera tilt (and speed of camera pitch) while panning the aircraft.  

I just wasn't certain if one person using the camera pitch would take away the other persons ability to control the AC.........
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-3-3 11:13
But does it still offer one person to control pitch while the other maneuvers the aircraft?

I understand its not a very useful amount of functionality, but I do find some difficulty in getting the right camera tilt (and speed of camera pitch) while panning the aircraft.  

No. It's not a separation of craft functions between controllers.
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It is like training new airline pilot. The master control the slave unit to prevent accident.. that is it
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-3 19:00
It is like training new airline pilot. The master control the slave unit to prevent accident.. that is it

That's pretty much it.
It's really a great training tool.
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 19:37
That's pretty much it.
It's really a great training tool.

I can see it as new business model on ONE ON ONE exclusive training!

Come on Ken, let's make some BIIIIG bucks here!  
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-3 19:41
I can see it as new business model on ONE ON ONE exclusive training!

Come on Ken, let's make some BIIIIG bucks here!

I just saw a drone company on Shark Tank the other night. They offer training to learn how to fly DJI aircraft.
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 19:45
I just saw a drone company on Shark Tank the other night. They offer training to learn how to fly DJI aircraft.

They are in PA but $400.00  a pop?
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-3 19:51
They are in PA but $400.00  a pop?

Ya, I saw that daily rate.
2017-3-6
Use props
jim heid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1533780 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-3 11:20
No. It's not a separation of craft functions between controllers.

That isn't quite accurate, at least in my experience. I just set up a second controller with my Mavic Pro, and I am able to use the slave to pan the gimbal up/down, adjust camera settings, switch between stills and video, and take shots -- all while someone else pilots.

I agree that this isn't as valuable as it would be on an Inspire, which offers far more gimbal control. But I do think it's useful.
2017-3-8
Use props
fans02577e24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 975994 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Isn't this because of the goggles acting as a controller too? So having your controller and goggles both be able to control the Mavic? Just curious, and these goggles.... do they exist?
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jim heid Posted at 2017-3-8 13:01
That isn't quite accurate, at least in my experience. I just set up a second controller with my Mavic Pro, and I am able to use the slave to pan the gimbal up/down, adjust camera settings, switch between stills and video, and take shots -- all while someone else pilots.

I agree that this isn't as valuable as it would be on an Inspire, which offers far more gimbal control. But I do think it's useful.

I tired it out too and yes you have separate camera controls but still I would only use it as a training tool teaching someone to fly.
Since the camera doesn't move (except tilt) the pilot can do everything.
2017-3-8
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

jim heid Posted at 2017-3-8 13:01

you 'pan' from side to side

you 'tilt' up and down
2017-3-8
Use props
jim heid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1533780 ft
United States

geoffz Posted at 2017-3-8 21:06
you 'pan' from side to side

you 'tilt' up and down

Yes, you're right -- tilt, not pan! I must have had my head sideways when I typed "pan." :-)
2017-3-9
Use props
fans86cdbea3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3049134 ft
United States

You can use course lock  and pan.  
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules