Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Calibration "Please reboot the aircraft." help
32017 35 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bpope2385
lvl.3
Flight distance : 790594 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]I'm having trouble calibrating my P4P. I just upgrade firmware. Every time I go to this, it says "Please reboot the aircraft." I'm running Windows 10 and opened DJI Assistant 2 in Admin mode, same thing.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I'm using the latest DJI Assistant 2 version [size=14.6667px]1.1.0 by the way. Any help?
DJI Help.PNG
2017-3-3
Use props
bpope2385
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I've tried DJI Assistant 1.0.8 as well.  Same problem.  Ran as Admin in windows 10.  Same problem.  
2017-3-3
Use props
nocaps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31624 ft
United States

Same problem here with 1.1.0 on Windows 10.
2017-3-3
Use props
rparge
First Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Same here.
Had to use another device.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-82646-1-1.html
2017-3-3
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Reboot and close the app. I just did this and didn't have any issues.
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Were you asked to calibrate? You should NOT calibrate if you were NOT asked by the APP. As mentioned before, shut donw restart! Good luck!
2017-3-3
Use props
nocaps
lvl.3
United States

It should be obvious that most people have already tried shutting down and restarting the app, and that isn't effective. Nor is reinstalling the app. Nor is refreshing the firmware in the aircraft. Nor is downgrading to an earlier version of Assistant (once you install 1.1.0, it is broken (perhaps because an updated but incomparable USB driver is installed.)

Anyway, this is a real problem experienced by several users. It is not a 'just restart the program' issue.
2017-3-4
Use props
bpope2385
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I used another computer and used DJI Assistant 1.0.7.  It was a Windows 8 machine and calibration went fine.  
2017-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bpope2385 Posted at 2017-3-7 08:33
I used another computer and used DJI Assistant 1.0.7.  It was a Windows 8 machine and calibration went fine.

Why were you recalibrating in the first place?
Go back and read the top of p57 in your manual.
The idea that you need to recalibrate after an update is a complete myth.
2017-3-7
Use props
nocaps
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-7 14:04
Why were you recalibrating in the first place?
Go back and read the top of p57 in your manual.
The idea that you need to recalibrate after an update is a complete myth.

Why anyone was recalibrating is not the issue. The issue being discussed is the software problem that is preventing recalibration, whatever motives might be behind wanting to perform a recalibration are irrelevant to the purpose of the thread.
2017-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nocaps Posted at 2017-3-7 17:46
Why anyone was recalibrating is not the issue. The issue being discussed is the software problem that is preventing recalibration, whatever motives might be behind wanting to perform a recalibration are irrelevant to the purpose of the thread.

And if you'd read the manual, you would have noticed that recalibrating the compass is unnecessary.
2017-3-7
Use props
nocaps
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-7 20:55
And if you'd read the manual, you would have noticed that recalibrating the compass is unnecessary.

Lol... and if you read the thread you'd notice that it is not about recalibrating the compass. In any event your point is still utterly irrelvant of course, assume that someone has been told by the DJI software that they should recalibrate the vision system, if that makes you feel better.  

Now maybe we can get back on track, is anyone else seeing this problem?

2017-3-8
Use props
Puttmaster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did not pay attention to if I was getting the "calibrate sensor" error before or after I did the latest FW update today 3-8-17 , so not sure what the cause was. That being said, I went to do the calibration and upgraded to the currect version of the DJI assistant. It installed fine, but when going to do the calibration I kept getting the "please restart aircraft" message and the calibration button was greyed out. It would not let me go on. This has to do with one of the drivers not being installed correctly during the intital installation.
If you are experiencing this, this is what I did to get it to work on Windows 7.  This should also work on Windows 10 as well.

1. Go into Windows device manager. I get there from the start menu by doing a right click on computer, then properties, then click device manager.
2. Turn your aircraft on with the USB plugged into the side of it (DO NOT plug into your computer yet.)
3. Make sure the device manager window is visible.
4. Plug the other end of the USB cable into your laptop or computer while watching the device manager window. You will see a new device pop up that is your Mavic. It does not say Mavic, but something else.
5. Click the side arrow to expand it down and you will not see the actual device of the driver you need to update.
6. Right click on that device and choose "Update Driver Software"
7. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
8. Enter in the following location "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2"
9. Click Next

That is all it took me to get this going after a couple of hours of reinstalling the software, downgrading firmware, upgrading firmware, etc.
This whole process takes about 15 seconds. After that the calibration went perfectly and I was able to click "Continue" and it not being greyed out.
I am not sure of the problem of why the driver did not install properly, but I believe it was because it was not a signed driver, or not from a trusted source and my computer settings did not like it. No matter, something went wrong and there is no reason to downgrade firmware or do all the other tricks that are suggested.
Hope this helps someone else. I have seen this all over the place lately.
2017-3-8
Use props
nocaps
lvl.3
United States

Yes, the problem does seem to be due to an improperly signed driver. In my case the fix was a slight variation of the above... I first had to delete the driver and then reinstall, but when I attempted to reinstall I got an 'unsigned driver file' warning and a refusal to install. I think this warning might have flashed by during the original install as well. The fix (in Windows 10) is to use 'Advanced Startup' where you will be able to disable driver signature enforcement, which will allow the DJI driver to install properly. After this step everything works fine.

I think maybe I'll do an unnecessary vision system calibration now just to annoy someone.
2017-3-8
Use props
bpope2385
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I solved my problem as well doing the steps above.  I did go ahead and do a vision system calibration.  Took it out to test, everything works great.  
2017-3-13
Use props
djiuser_lxHTx5q
New

Israel

Hi puttmaster or anyone can you help me with these steps I still have the same problem?
2017-9-7
Use props
fans5de61881
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3783 ft
United Kingdom

Puttmaster Posted at 2017-3-8 15:35
I did not pay attention to if I was getting the "calibrate sensor" error before or after I did the latest FW update today 3-8-17 , so not sure what the cause was. That being said, I went to do the calibration and upgraded to the currect version of the DJI assistant. It installed fine, but when going to do the calibration I kept getting the "please restart aircraft" message and the calibration button was greyed out. It would not let me go on. This has to do with one of the drivers not being installed correctly during the intital installation.
If you are experiencing this, this is what I did to get it to work on Windows 7.  This should also work on Windows 10 as well.

Hi
I am having the same problems as you had calibrating your drone. I have Windows 10 and followed the steps you posted. Still getting the same message when trying to calibrate.
Are you abe to help please?
Pete
2017-12-29
Use props
fans646029b4
New
United Kingdom

Here is the solution step by step:
1. Right click on the Windows button
2. Settings
3. Update &Security
4. Recovery
5. Advanced startup -restart now
6. Troubleshoot
7. Advanced options
8. Startup settings
9. Restart
10. Press 7) to "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Done. Now you can calibrate your DJI drone.

2018-2-23
Use props
Deltawp
New
France

fans646029b4 Posted at 2018-2-23 02:28
1. Right click on the Windows button
2. Settings

Worked for me on windows 10 and mavic pro. Thx !
2018-3-2
Use props
flyingwithmydrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 203816 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deltawp Posted at 2018-3-2 04:33
Worked for me on windows 10 and mavic pro. Thx !

Worked for me as well for my Mavic Pro Platinum on a Windows 10 (AIO) PC but changing the resolution to 1600x900 and having some failures. I had to retry a few times. My screen size is 22.9' in case it does a matter.
2018-3-11
Use props
Alex Dobrolubov
New

Belarus

1. Right click on the Windows button
2. Settings

Thanks a lot! Mavic is calibrated with your help.
2018-6-6
Use props
maviclove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95886 ft
Pakistan

Hi all,

I’m having the same reboot error issue and followed all the steps mentioned in the above comments but still failed to get rid off the error, can anyone help further please?

Spent at least 4-5 hours today on trying to solve the problem but all in vain.
2018-6-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

maviclove Posted at 2018-6-16 10:02
Hi all,

I’m having the same reboot error issue and followed all the steps mentioned in the above comments but still failed to get rid off the error, can anyone help further please?

Hi. For the issue of not being able to progress to the VPS Calibration screen, reinstalling Ass2 with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled Does work. If it hasn't for you, then I suggest you uninstall Ass2, reboot your PC into maintenance mode, disable signature enforcement, and reinstall Ass2 again. Note that you shouldn't reboot the PC before you start Ass2 after installation - sadly, you need to have enforcement disabled whenever you want to do a VPS Calibration.
The best way of confirming that you've done the steps correctly is when you're reinstalling Ass2 and the DOS command box opens (the black window) and it starts installing the drivers, you'll be prompted as to whether you want to install the unsigned drivers - and you say Yes.

2018-6-16
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

maviclove Posted at 2018-6-16 10:02
Hi all,

What Punchbuggy list above have solved the issue for most of us, if this does not work for you it could be you have some mailware/virus protection software installed that block the USB communication to the aircraft when not functioning as a USB drive?
2018-6-17
Use props
Michael_KA
lvl.1
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-17 01:23
What Punchbuggy list above have solved the issue for most of us, if this does not work for you it could be you have some mailware/virus protection software installed that block the USB communication to the aircraft when not functioning as a USB drive?

Hallo to everyone,

I did all the things decribed above but nothing worked for me. There is no firmware list shown after I have been connected succesfully to our Phantom 4 Pro. And when I try to calibrate the aircraft I receive the "please reboot the aircraft" message.
In (re-)installed Assistant 2 v1.2.4 many times on different WIN7 and WIN10 workstations, with and without safe mode.
I don't know, what to do else. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks,
Michael

2018-7-10
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Heh - only thing that come to my mind is if you have the latest version of Assistant2, v.1.2.4 then give it a shot with previous version that you can find archived on MSingers phantomhelp.com, v 1.2.3 seem to have helped other with strange problems on latest.
I have just now updated my own with a beta using Assistant2 v.1.2.0 without any issues on Win10 but 1.2.3 should be working.
Only task where startup with driver signing disabled is needed is the VPS calibration but to make sure everything works, do the installation in this mode too.
2018-7-10
Use props
Michael_KA
lvl.1
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-10 06:32
Heh - only thing that come to my mind is if you have the latest version of Assistant2, v.1.2.4 then give it a shot with previous version that you can findarchived on MSingers phantomhelp.com, v 1.2.3 seem to have helped other with strange problems on latest.
I have just now updated my own with a beta using Assistant2 v.1.2.0 without any issues on Win10 but 1.2.3 should be working.
Only task where startup with driver signing disabled is needed is the VPS calibration but to make sure everything works, do the installation in this mode too.

I did it! Thanks for your help.
I tried another several workstations and notebooks, and now, on the 6th (!!!) workstation I got success and calibration worked fine.
Normally all of our WIN7 devices starts with equal configurations, but some of them seem to be more equal :-).

@DJI: why this effort???
2018-7-11
Use props
Luka13579
lvl.1

Serbia

Hi in had the same problem imfixed it but that's problem with windows 10 and licencing you need first to uninstall the app and go to power and press and hold shift and tap reset after that go to trobleshoot and advanced options and then tap start upmsettings and click the button restart when it is restarted and you see blue screen press 7 (disable windows digital ....) Wait when you see home screen install the DJI assistant 2 app for your drone and try again or watch YouTube video
the name is "fix calibrate now problem with windows 10"
2018-7-11
Use props
fansd1e96c9c
New

United States

1. Right click on the Windows button
2. Settings

Perfect solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-7-12
Use props
smoker
First Officer
Canada

I did not pay attention to if I was getting the "calibrate sensor" error before or after I did the latest FW update today 3-8-17 , so not sure what the cause was. That being said, I went to do the calibration and upgraded to the currect version of the DJI assistant. It installed fine, but when going to do the calibration I kept getting the "please restart aircraft" message and the calibration button was greyed out. It would not let me go on. This has to do with one of the drivers not being installed correctly during the intital installation.
If you are experiencing this, this is what I did to get it to work on Windows 7.  This should also work on Windows 10 as well.

Thx for the help, This is what I have been looking for help with. My PC tells me it is a signature problem and it will not update it, that I should go to the parent website for the help.
2018-9-24
Use props
Kuruppu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 501877 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

Luka13579 Posted at 2018-7-11 05:31
Hi in had the same problem imfixed it but that's problem with windows 10 and licencing you need first to uninstall the app and go to power and press and hold shift and tap reset after that go to trobleshoot and advanced options and then tap start upmsettings and click the button restart when it is restarted and you see blue screen press 7 (disable windows digital ....) Wait when you see home screen install the DJI assistant 2 app for your drone and try again or watch YouTube video
https://youtu.be/WVGQMbDzMxw the name is "fix calibrate now problem with windows 10"

Best Solution Thanks
2019-1-11
Use props
Kuruppu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 501877 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

Luka13579 Posted at 2018-7-11 05:31
https://youtu.be/WVGQMbDzMxw the name is "fix calibrate now problem with windows 10"

Best Solution Thanks
2019-1-11
Use props
YellowSnow87
Flight distance : 208074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Excellent solution!
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_Nwm2M990b8s7
New
Flight distance : 11371 ft
United Kingdom

I have tried everything mentioned on here but still hasn't solved the issue and I'm getting frustrated. I've installed, uninstall, swapped leads, turned out off and on again, typed in all sorts of commands and even shouted profanities and that didn't work either. PLEASE PLEASE can anyone else help. I thought replacing the sensors w going to be tricky but this takes the biscuit. I have REBOOT AIRCRAFT come up and off that's not up I have a greyed out CALIBRATE NOW button and a spinning circle as if somethings loading and then CALIBRATE AIRCRAFT comes back up. ANY OTHER IDEAS
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_gekThjnKEA9C
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_Nwm2M990b8s7 Posted at 2020-5-2 17:58
I have tried everything mentioned on here but still hasn't solved the issue and I'm getting frustrated. I've installed, uninstall, swapped leads, turned out off and on again, typed in all sorts of commands and even shouted profanities and that didn't work either. PLEASE PLEASE can anyone else help. I thought replacing the sensors w going to be tricky but this takes the biscuit. I have REBOOT AIRCRAFT come up and off that's not up I have a greyed out CALIBRATE NOW button and a spinning circle as if somethings loading and then CALIBRATE AIRCRAFT comes back up. ANY OTHER IDEAS

Hi, did you ever figure this out as I have the same problem. Thanks
2021-1-2
Use props
Wanbli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

I did not pay attention to if I was getting the "calibrate sensor" error before or after I did the latest FW update today 3-8-17 , so not sure what the cause was. That being said, I went to do the calibration and upgraded to the currect version of the DJI assistant. It installed fine, but when going to do the calibration I kept getting the "please restart aircraft" message and the calibration button was greyed out. It would not let me go on. This has to do with one of the drivers not being installed correctly during the intital installation.
If you are experiencing this, this is what I did to get it to work on Windows 7.  This should also work on Windows 10 as well.

Well, I don't believe it!  This actually worked!!! Thanks!!!
UPDATE:
Well, not really. After a reboot the AC had NO Vision, even tho it was turned on. Tried calibration, "lease Reboot The Aircraft"......
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules