1850 20 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I did the update and it went well. Did various test flights (3 set of batteries) and got the following problems:

a) landing gear won't raise automatically nor manually (remote controller)

b) landing gear won't go into travel mode
c) max speed Atti/Sport/GPS mode is between 62 and 52km/h - feels very slow
d) got every time a message "landing gear lowered. Obstacle Avoidance Disabled" - which is wrong. All the visual navigation settings were activated.
e) can't raise landing gear even when I deactivate all the OA functions

I did
- a reset of all settings (remote control)
- a refresh of the new firmware (over assistance software)
- a factory reset (over assistance software) and
- a successful calibration of the OA sensor with the calibration board
but the mentioned problems are still there.

Just a remark: By activating “Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock” the landing gear can be successfully controlled over the remote controller. So, the landing gear works.

Any idea to fix the problems?

2017-3-3
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

The message "Landing Gear Lowered. Obstacle Avoidance Disabled" is actually normal.   This is just telling you that now that you lowered tha landing gear you can touch down without issues.  WIth the landing gear up, the obstical avoidance is turned on, so it won't let you slam into the ground, to be able to land this needs to be turned off.
2017-3-6
Use props
fanse186c04e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

from what number did you update?
2017-3-6
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I did it, it was such a great update no fails and did everything.  did the go app first, controller, inspire 2, then every battery set..
2017-3-6
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-3-6 05:46
The message "Landing Gear Lowered. Obstacle Avoidance Disabled" is actually normal.   This is just telling you that now that you lowered tha landing gear you can touch down without issues.  WIth the landing gear up, the obstical avoidance is turned on, so it won't let you slam into the ground, to be able to land this needs to be turned off.

well - this was my initial thought as well -  but the landing gear is stuck. I can't raise the landing gear and I got various messages that the landing gear is lowered because the obstacle avoidance is disabled which is not true.
2017-3-6
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-3-6 07:27
from what number did you update?

Hi fance186c04e - from the very first one. It was a 2-step update.
2017-3-6
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

lolders Posted at 2017-3-6 08:34
I did it, it was such a great update no fails and did everything.  did the go app first, controller, inspire 2, then every battery set..

Hi lolders - did the same procedure ...... with a slightly different result ..... got contact with DJI's technical support and maybe I will get an answer tomorrow.
2017-3-6
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
United States

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-3-6 09:06
well - this was my initial thought as well -  but the landing gear is stuck. I can't raise the landing gear and I got various messages that the landing gear is lowered because the obstacle avoidance is disabled which is not true.

It actually reads the opposite if you read it carefully.   It is saying Obstetrical Avoidance is disabled Because the landing gear is down.

The landing gear being stuck is a known issue from before the firmware update,  we were all hoping it would be fixed in the update but apparently it isn't

I did create a thread about how the issue is resolved. I don't have the link right now, but a quick search should locate it.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans593fc987
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

lolders Posted at 2017-3-6 08:34

I get my new Inspire 2 on Wednesday and a already have the latest Go DJI 4.0 App.  So I know I'm going to be required to do a firmware update.  Otherwise I could have unpredictable problems while flying right?  I'm going from an Inspire 1 to and Inspire 2.  Never had problems with the Inspire 1 firmware updates but this has me kind of skittish.  Are you saying that this is the proper procedure for updating the firmware on the Inspire 2?

Update the App (which I already did)
Update the Controller
Update the Inspire 2 with the first 2 batteries
Update the remaining batteries (2 at a time) in the Inspire 2

If that is the case am I going to brick my brand new never flown Inspire 2?
2017-3-6
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Here is what Dr john had to say about that! Please take a LOOK: Hope this helps Ken
I asked my team to take a lookat the recent I2 firmware update. here is the comments we had

1) dont update anything until the updates for the DJI GO 4 are also available
2) always delete the older version of DJI GO 4 first before you downlod the new version
3) restart you mobile device before any update (If no DJI GO 4 update then move on to next step)
4) always have the I2 with camera fitted. If you have X5S then use this as i priority then repeat again with X4S later (DJI look for X5S first)
5) when the prompt is shown on the R/C that you need to update the firmware DONT do it with your mobile use only the Assistant 2 APP.
6) if the prompt says new firmware WAIT and look for new version of DJI GO 4 to be available before you do anything and follow steps 2 to 3 before you do anything
7) before you do any update connect to Assistant 2 and wait... if there is an intermediate update for such as battery do these first... and do it for all your pairs.
8) make you have a new set of fully charged BATTS and now download the new firmware. Dont go for a coffee but watch the messages... if you get anything not expected ABORT
9) even if the I2 reboots do it AGAIN
10) now power down and wait with no Batts inserted....
11) restart and watch... reboot follows normal ?
12) You have mopre than one camera? then replace camera and power down.. WAIT with no Batts fitted.
13) restart with full Batts  
14) go back to 7) above
15) if there is a camera update it will happen now.
16) OKAY so now you have new firmware on X4S and X5S... do you have the latest version of DJI GO 4?
17) did you read the release notes for this version of firmware?
18) so power up and enjoy...

2017-3-6
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Highasakite Posted at 2017-3-6 12:19
Here is what Dr john had to say about that! Please take a LOOK: Hope this helps Ken

Thanks for posting Dr John procedure - talked to him already.

Regards, Gerry
2017-3-8
Use props
fans593fc987
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I received my Inspire 2 yesterday.  Reluctantly I upgraded the firmware and it worked fine with no problems.
2017-3-8
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans593fc987 Posted at 2017-3-8 10:52
I received my Inspire 2 yesterday.  Reluctantly I upgraded the firmware and it worked fine with no problems.

I fly Saturday for the first time since this firmware upgrade.  Hopefully no issue
2017-3-9
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-3-9 04:07
I fly Saturday for the first time since this firmware upgrade.  Hopefully no issue

Good Luck.
2017-3-9
Use props
Puralist
lvl.2
United States

Caution, take your time and you should be fine. I hovered in place just after take off for about 3-5 minutes checking everything I could before I started flying.
2017-3-9
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Was trying out new firmware today (first day with no rain)

Speed of I2 has been reduced in Sport mode now down to 80kph (50mph)

Strange message saying "landing gear down" when i use Tap Fly but i can see that it was not. Had to change status to down and then back up before it would permit Tap Fly.

Got a message saying Auto Modes disabled as i'm within NFZ and nearest airport to me is over 15 miles away.   
2017-3-11
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

I loaded firmware yesterday to the aircraft, X5S and remote, and the app updated. Everything seemed to be ok (indoors). Today, took it out to fly and it says something like "cannot take off" with an error message of "Invalid Serial Number" but no further clues. Sure enough, it won't take off. Any ideas ?
2017-3-11
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaveDotNet Posted at 2017-3-11 06:47
I loaded firmware yesterday to the aircraft, X5S and remote, and the app updated. Everything seemed to be ok (indoors). Today, took it out to fly and it says something like "cannot take off" with an error message of "Invalid Serial Number" but no further clues. Sure enough, it won't take off. Any ideas ?

Sometimes the fw update can kick out the licence on the SSD, re do it in Assistant 2 to the SSD.  
2017-3-11
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2017-3-11 08:26
Sometimes the fw update can kick out the licence on the SSD, re do it in Assistant 2 to the SSD.

I haven't got an SSD, only the SD card. It would be helpful if it indicated which serial number, and why would a serial number prevent the aircraft flying ?

I've just done my 5th firmware reload. No joy. Wondering about a Factory Default/Reset next ...
2017-3-11
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MOved the "Invalid Serial Number" problem/photos to dedicated post rather than hijack this one. Thx
2017-3-11
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-3-9 04:07

Flew perfectly after the firmware update.  OMG is this a fast quad while flying in Racing Mode
2017-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules