Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Way point mode
756 6 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb73c528e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

Is anyone else hoping that DJI release an update for Way point mode so you don't have to fly it first, seems pointless flying it first don't you think
2017-3-3
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Not pointless, it stops idiots wildly tapping a route on the screen and then complaining that they crashed into something.
By flying the route first you have to make sure you have adequate clearance all round, much safer for all.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Harbourside Posted at 2017-3-3 12:46
Not pointless, it stops idiots wildly tapping a route on the screen and then complaining that they crashed into something.
By flying the route first you have to make sure you have adequate clearance all round, much safer for all.

I second that... You need to know your environment before automating your flights and let the drone fly it.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-3 18:49
I second that... You need to know your environment before automating your flights and let the drone fly it.

I've seen many crashed aircraft from inputting waypoints incorrectly.
2017-3-3
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Yeah, especially since I had a crash after flying it first and I still had to pay for some of it even though it crashed in waypoint mode. In all fairness, DJI did treat me good but I will no longer count on the DJI fly first portion to be sure that I won't crash.
And that was the ONLY crash I've ever had in the history of flying aerial GPS quads.  Not counting racers.  
2017-3-4
Use props
fansb73c528e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

I always survey the area I fly in BEFORE ANY flight and even if they did update Waypoint mode id still survey the area before flying and I mean physically survey it not check it out with the Drone as this doesn't really show you EVERYTHING in the area unless you do what we call in aviation as clearing turns ☺️
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules