Using a 2nd Controller
878 11 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

I have the Pro+ (was a gift) and I'm loving it and I am very happy with the 5.5" screen but certainly can appreciate the advantages of a larger screen. Should I want to pick up a 2nd controller for the Pro (used perhaps or even new) can I bind a 2nd controller (probably at different times) connected to my P4P? I'm thinking yes and just switch it back should I choose to do so and travel light and just use the P+ and 5.5" screen.
I've read a lot (pros and cons) of the 5.5" screen but I have to say that I am very happy with it. I have flown a friends with an iPad Air and certainly there is more real estate to view but I have no problem with these old eyes and fat fingers using the 5.5". But agree if it breaks for whatever reason I have a problem unless I have a 2nd controller ready to go.

Thanks!

2017-3-3
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Yes, I have two (one of each controller for my P4P). You have to repair them each time you want to switch, but not a big deal.

And I completely agree: I have an iPad Air 2, screen is easier to use, but heavier. The killer hands down though is the screen brightness. As you no doubt know, the brightness of the Pro+ remote is about 2x the lumens of the ipad. I was spoiled, took the ipad out for the first time, thought something was wrong with it. Couldn't believe how dim it was compared to the Pro+.
2017-3-3
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

BenStein Posted at 2017-3-3 15:35
Yes, I have two (one of each controller for my P4P). You have to repair them each time you want to switch, but not a big deal.

And I completely agree: I have an iPad Air 2, screen is easier to use, but heavier. The killer hands down though is the screen brightness. As you no doubt know, the brightness of the Pro+ remote is about 2x the lumens of the ipad. I was spoiled, took the ipad out for the first time, thought something was wrong with it. Couldn't believe how dim it was compared to the Pro+.

Hopefully you mean "re-pair" it each time, as in syncing the remote to the drone each time you switch controllers? Is that correct?

That's wild to think that the iPad brightness is nearly 1/2 of that of the new P4P+ screen, I didn't realize it was that drastic of a difference!
2017-3-3
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-3-3 16:00
Hopefully you mean "re-pair" it each time, as in syncing the remote to the drone each time you switch controllers? Is that correct?

That's wild to think that the iPad brightness is nearly 1/2 of that of the new P4P+ screen, I didn't realize it was that drastic of a difference!

Yes, re-pair is what I meant. And yes, the screen is VERY Bright and I have it toned down.

I created this little splash opener and even with the flares and other layers this is a real picture of my flying down by the river where I live (The Hudson). It is crystal clear.
2017-3-3
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-3-3 19:14
Yes, re-pair is what I meant. And yes, the screen is VERY Bright and I have it toned down.

I created this little splash opener and even with the flares and other layers this is a real picture of my flying down by the river where I live (The Hudson). It is crystal clear.

2017-3-3
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bg42ioftc2gxn5/Main%20Title.wmv?dl=0

Screwed that up. Need to figure out how to embed it here.
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have both P4P AND P4P+ and YES the P4P+ is so bright you need  

Yes to link every time you use it.
2017-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-3-3 19:14

Aloha santa,

There is also the HDMI option.  The P4 Pro + (plus) provides a 1080p HDMI output for goggles and monitors.  I have both.  My monitor is 1080p but my current goggles are rated at 720p at best.  My 1080p goggles are on order, and I will report on them when they arrive.

You will need to decide what you want in your system and then purchase what you need.  I am personally having the time of my life just learning how these things go together.  Amazing!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-4
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-4 03:44
Aloha santa,

There is also the HDMI option.  The P4 Pro + (plus) provides a 1080p HDMI output for goggles and monitors.  I have both.  My monitor is 1080p but my current goggles are rated at 720p at best.  My 1080p goggles are on order, and I will report on them when they arrive.

Thank you for the additional info!
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like what others have mentioned, what you want would be feasible and it is the same binding procedure.
2017-3-4
Use props
Fausto Risi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58944 ft
Italy

Good flight and good vision
How can I connect the Moverio BT 300 EPSON to the HDMI output of the P4P + controller?
Just to see flight image and information and leave monitor 5.5 running
2017-5-30
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Fausto Risi Posted at 2017-5-30 07:40
Good flight and good vision
How can I connect the Moverio BT 300 EPSON to the HDMI output of the P4P + controller?
Just to see flight image and information and leave monitor 5.5 running

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd53235.pdf

Hope this answers your question...
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules